5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!
Immediately after hearing the sad news of the passing away of Michael Jackson, I bought this DVD box set and I have to say it is worth every penny! I already owned the VHS tapes of HIStory, but ordered this DVD box anyway because my VCR broke down. I was mighty pleased to discover that the DVDs contain even more material than the video tapes.

For example, the...
Published on 11 July 2009 by John-Sebastian

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I'm afraid that I have had to return this DVD as the quality was really poor, the picture and the sound were very bad, looked as though the disks were copies ~ returned last week still awaiting refund.
Published on 6 April 2013 by Mary

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, 11 July 2009
This review is from: Michael Jackson - History I and II [DVD] [Region 0] (DVD)

For example, the entire never-before-seen short film of BAD was really a pleasant suprise for me. I'm a huge MJ fan and own all of his CDs and films (including the ones from his Jackson 5/Jacksons period), but was really suprised to find this 18 min. short film directed by Martin Scorcese on the first volume of this DVD box. That, together with the rare 9 min. video of The Way You Make Me Feel, Michael Jackson's live performance of Billie Jean at Motown 25 and the entire MOONWALKER version of Smooth Criminal on Vol. II is worth the 9 pounds alone. Besides, the box contains loads and loads of more breathtaking video clips (or should I say music films?), such as Thriller, Beat it, Remember the Time, Black or White (including uncensored panther scene), They don't care about us (Rio version), Scream etc. In total I counted 26 clips.

The only point of (slight) criticism I have is that some films are included on both vols., leaving you with duplicate versions of Brace Yourself, Beat it and Thriller. This is probably due to the fact that the DVDs were released separately initially. Another thing that I would like to bring up is that although the DVD box is a masterpiece and really showcases Michael's brilliance as a dancer, singer, composer etc., with an artist like Michael Jackson it is easy to become greedy and it leaves you wishing for more. That is, other brilliant video clips like Speed Demon, Leave Me Alone, You Rock My World and notably Ghosts (40 min. version) are not on this DVD box set. It might be an idea to update the box set with these, and make it a 3-disc set for instance. I have no doubt this will be done, one way or the other, in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, wow, wow!, 11 Aug. 2009
A. Kanik (Istanbul, Turkey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Jackson - History I and II [DVD] [Region 0] (DVD)
5-stars would do this DVD injustice, it deserves a 6 or a 7.

I had actually watched each and every one of his videos dozens of times before, but, having a DVD version at hand is well-worth the price.

The "Teaser," I saw for the first time, and it was beyond amazing!

In addition to the videos, the second DVD featured the "1995 MTV Video Music Awards Performance." I had seen part of it before, the part where he sings and dances to Dangerous. But, hadn't known that there was more to it. I was left in total awe.

The DVD also features the "long versions" of Bad, and the Way You Make Me Feel, versions that I had seen only once in my life and remembered only in a fuzz.
The 20+ minute version of Bad and the 12+ min version of The Way You Make Me Feel make you fall for Michael all over again, while also making you ponder upon the social aspect of the video and Michael's great conscience for social causes.

The only thing more that I could have asked for more was to have had BOTH versions of They Don't Care About Us, but am just as thrilled watching only the Brazilian version.

Michael Jackson's History I "Video Greatest Hits" and History II, "History on Film" leave one in awe again at Michael Jackson's musical genius and the phenomenol artistry he presents to us in each and every one of his videos.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!, 22 Jun. 2009
T. Merry "MJJ" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Jackson - History I and II [DVD] [Region 0] (DVD)
michael is THE BEST entertainer ever and with HIStory I and II, he shows the world what makes people love him in the first place. this collection contains the FULL VERSIONS of his best videos-from the 18 minute version of Bad to the 14 minute version of the way you make me feel!
awsome buy,love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 15 July 2009
Simey (currently overseas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Jackson - History I and II [DVD] [Region 0] (DVD)
Although I'm hardly ever interested in the artists themselves behind the music, I have to admit that I bought this DVD 6 days ago as a result of MJ's untimely death. I like his music, not all of it, but whatever problems this guy may or may not have had, his music is fantastic and I can only say that these DVDs have proved to be worth every penny of the 8.98 I paid for them (I was expecting them to cost more!). The missus hasn't stopped playing them since they arrived! I assume that others like me have probably bought CDs or DVDs since his death; I have to admit they're good, bloomin' good :-) and I should have bought them years back. I'm sure they are a must for any serious MJ fan. Janet Jackson is more my taste but even I have to admit MJ could make very good music. If you are like me, I'm sure you'll be happy with this collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and better quality than VISION!, 27 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Michael Jackson - History I and II [DVD] [Region 0] (DVD)
Just a bit of advice for anyone thinking of buying MJ dvds.

These two dvds have much superior picture quality than the newly released VISION set.
Plus the picture frame is not chopped, meaning you don't get 2 black bars running down the sides of the screen like the VISION set does.

Only minor bad point is that you get BEAT IT and THRILLER videos twice on the two dvds and there are many videos not included which is why there should have been a HISTORY VOL 3!!

If you're after a BEST OF MJ music video set then HISTORY VOL 1 and 2 does not disappoint!

5.0 out of 5 stars An original one for people who want to remember MJ as he was, 19 July 2009
This review is from: Michael Jackson - History I and II [DVD] [Region 0] (DVD)
I'd received it yesterday and immidiately opened.It includes his video clips,some concert performances(not in Jacsons 5) and little ''Michael at concerts and his fans'' mixes.
The video Quality is quite good except for a little part of 'The Way You Make Me Feel'.I guess it includes his all clips which came out before and while the history times.It also has the video of 'Blood on the Dance Floor' in it.You can find full(unseen) versions of some videos.Like panther scene in 'Black or white',where he zips his pants-dancing- :),or the full short movie version of 'BAD',which one was directed by M.Scorsese.
I recommend this one to people who want to see all the videoclips...who want to remember their childhood...and who likes Michael!If you're new to Michael Jackson buy this one and travel into his golden ages!

NOTE:The only problem is that the packages were a little bit damaged :( I found it in my postbox and I think it's not safe to put a product into a postbox.Because here in apartments people can easily take it out...I hope people will notice this for next time...

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Jackson - Fantastic DVD, 28 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Michael Jackson - History I and II [DVD] [Region 0] (DVD)
Fantastic & Compelling to watch for all the family, my son of 8 years old really enjoyed it and it's helping him with his dance moves. Excellent Value.
Michael is and was the King Of Pop.

5.0 out of 5 stars michael jackson's history, 18 May 2010
This review is from: Michael Jackson - History I and II [DVD] [Region 0] (DVD)
loved the collection unfortunatley both dvds duplicate some of michaels classics which is not what i wanted for a double disc set though there is alot of extra footage which you can not get on the vcr edition or by seeking the videos out on youtube.

if you are wanting to collect all of micheals work then the double dvd set is a must have.

4.0 out of 5 stars super, 8 Aug. 2009
J. teunissen (apeldoorn, netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Jackson - History I and II [DVD] [Region 0] (DVD)
It's a very good dvd with all the long versions of his best video's. The only thing that i regret is that there are some double video's on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great videos, 11 Aug. 2009
R. Tagaan "dutchreview" (Holland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Jackson - History I and II [DVD] [Region 0] (DVD)
What i like most here are Michael's live performance at Motown 25th anniversary and the 1995 MTV Video Awards. I wish there will be more dvd releases of Michael Jackson's live performances/concerts such as his 30th anniversary in 2001.

Michael Jackson - History I and II [DVD] [Region 0]