5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
Good price - thanks
Published 8 months ago by Samantha Lazenby

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea for an RTS... Shame it failed!
Published on 14 July 2009 by R. Debrow

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea for an RTS... Shame it failed!, 14 July 2009
R. Debrow "xbl: BobbyD25" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Stormrise (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
As my title would suggest I thought the idea was great and to be honest I bought it early before any real reviews were available. I can honestly say I had my doubts even before I bought it but I was reckoning that good ol' Creative Assembly would pull it off... Alas I was wrong it really is bad, the controls (which were highly hyped to be very intuitive) were awful and they plagued my initial gaming experience to such an extent that I can't bring myself to play it again. I suggest if you want the best RTS experience stick with Creative Assembly and get the Total War series for the PC (which I might add are awesome) and you will fare far better.

Still you have to hand it to them for trying something new and it's these attempts at being a little different to the run of the mill RTS genre that will eventually lead to great things... Keep trying Creative Assembly!

2.0 out of 5 stars From a great pedigree comes this mongrel of a game., 12 Nov. 2009
Mr. A. K. Ogier "juganawt" (Guernsey, Channel Islands, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Stormrise (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Normally Creative Assembly make superb RTS games like the Total War series, but many problems in this game just doesn't seem like it's made by the same people. I like the idea of controlling the battlefield from a unit's eyes opposed to an overhead view, I like the graphics and sound design, I like the "whip select" mode to zip back and forth between areas of the battlefield, but I HATE the controls, the stupid AI, the glitches, the lame script, the horrendous slowdown when more than 5 units are on screen, and the fact that I have not been able to play a single online match because NOBODY plays it.

This game needed more time cooking, and as a result feels unpolished and decidedly average. There are many better RTS games you could spend your money on - such as Halo Wars, Endwar, or Command & Conquer. Only grab this one if it's cheap, or if you are a patient person looking for a slightly different RTS experience.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst RTS out there!!!, 15 Aug. 2010
jimbob magee (northen ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stormrise (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Cons- Camera
Graphics
controls
cant build your army
really really boring

Pros- ummmmmm..... good idea

Overall this game is rubbish. I wouldnt recommended it too anyone. I dont like RTS games which dont let you build your army. instead they give you set amount of men to do the mission. this is why i dont like endwar as well. There are so many better RTS games like halo wars, civilization revelution, supreme commander series and command and conquer 3 red alert. siimply the worst RTS on the xbox 360.

Overall rating 1.5/10 ( and thats being generous.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Experimental weirdness., 21 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Stormrise (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Stormrise is a game set after some sort of sci fi mumbo-jumbo apocalypse involving a force field and vaults to keep the rich and powerful asleep till it was over, who then emerged to find that there were survivors who had spent generations struggling to survive, or something like that anyway, we're never entirely sure on what's going on here. There are good guys covered in glowy light armour, there are bad guys who are named in Maa of all languages (sai roughly translates as the speakers) who run around in tentacle waving frenzies, but all of this is lost due to the quite impenetrable storyline and epilepsy inducing controls that are guaranteed to mke you very, very sick if you play the game for extended periods. as you inevitably will due to it's difficulty to handle troops, and your sheer inability to know what is actually going on. Gets points for trying though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, 28 Feb. 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Stormrise (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Nice idea for a game overshadowed by a rather clunky control interface which is amazing in small fights but when you get into big conflicts can be rather cumbersome, it was designed so you could flick between troops easy on the battlefield. Simply put the problem arises from having loads of squads in the same area as choosing them as you have to have pixel perfect accuracy to select a particular squad where small skirmishes theres only a few icons to choose making it easy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Stormrise (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Do not buy this game it is terrible! It is so glitchy and slow I didnt even play past the 1st mission. It looked a good idea but is a complete failure. If you are stratedgy fan like myself and like game such as command and conquer you will be disappointed by this!

2.0 out of 5 stars good graphics, terrible game, 16 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Stormrise (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I thought that the game itself looked good, the graphics were fine etc, but the controls were awkward and the game play wasn't.very fun, tried to give it a fair chance but was bored almost straight away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Aug. 2014
Good price - thanks

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 21 Mar. 2015
FED UP WITH

4.0 out of 5 stars PHEW!, 26 Jan. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Stormrise (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
MAN HOW MANY OF THE REVIEWS MUST I WRITE, HERE GOES, ITS A GOOD GAME, FAIR PRICE, KIDS WILL EITHER LOVE IT OR HATE IT

Stormrise (Xbox 360)
Stormrise (Xbox 360) by Sega (Xbox 360)