5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Shrek fans !
Published on 3 Nov. 2008 by mummy spoon

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the rest of it?
I have to say that I love Shrek - and that's hard for me to admit being a 24 year old male. Never the less, when I heard there was a new Shrek DVD being released I didn' think, I just clicked and bought it.

Published on 9 Nov. 2008 by A. Willmer

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the rest of it?, 9 Nov. 2008
A. Willmer (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Shrek the Halls [DVD] (DVD)

I'm not so gulliable that I was expecting an amazing, three hour epic for my money but I was hugely disappointed when the credits started rolling after twenty minutes. Hardly enough to even keep the kids occupied ofr long, is it?

However, on the plus side there are a few gags that will have you chuckling and it's a fairly heart warming tale. All in all I would say this is a product for those looking to complete their Shrek collection and not for anyone who is hoping to keep the ankle biters happy when Christmas excitement starts to take hold.

3.0 out of 5 stars shrek fan, 7 Nov. 2008
D. Hutchinson (spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shrek the Halls [DVD] (DVD)
i must be one of the biggest shrek fans going, i was so looking forward to shrek the halls arriving, and though the dvd is good viewing i found it a bit disapointing that it was so short, but at least the price reflected that. shrek and fiona's babys are SO cute
it is a must to a shrek collection

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Shrek fans !, 3 Nov. 2008
mummy spoon (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shrek the Halls [DVD] (DVD)
I love to get in the mood for Christmas by watching some good Christmas films, I watch certain ones such as Miracle on 34th street, The Santa clause, scrooge, The Snowman , Elf and It's a wonderful life every year but my two children and I were really excited when we saw this advertised on Tv last year as we love the Shrek films. We were not disappointed, although it is fairly short it has all the humor and charm of the others and a good christmassy feel, we also get to see a little bit more of those cute little Shrek babies.
It's a must for Shrek fans and anyone who just wants a different Christmas film to watch this year. I should also say this Dvd has loads of special features on it aswell as the film so it's a bargain at under £6.

3.0 out of 5 stars less than 21 minutes long (not including titles), 20 Dec. 2010
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Shrek the Halls [DVD] (DVD)
Donkey (and company) tries to get Shrek into the Christmas spirit.

Unfortunately, Donkey is one of those annoying people that starts on about Christmas 6 months before the event (not unlike some well known supermarkets), and Shrek is one of those people who just wants a quite time with the wife and kids. Donkey just can't take the hint and takes over.

Languages and subtitles available are: English; Danish; Norwegian; Finnish and Swedish.

The "film" lasts 27 minutes (including extra long titles at the end). In fact, if you take the titles out of the calculation the film only runs for 20 minutes 49 seconds - rather disappointing even though you have 6 minutes of various Christmas Carols over the top of the titles.

To be honest it looked like someone had the idea of a Christmas section for one of the films, but it was decided it wouldn't fit.

Extras are:

Sing-a-longs
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Deck the Halls

Games:
- Gingy's Dunking Game - spot the gingerbread man
- Shrek Carnival Craze Demo

Animation Jukebox - interesting way of advertising other films

Overall "Shrek the Halls" was a disappointment - far too short, with the lesson that you have to be nice to everyone even when they are ruining your Christmas. Of course it could just be the Scrooge in me coming out.

When the film came to an end we were left asking was that it, and that is the problem with this short, even though the story is "complete" there is still something lacking.

3.0 out of 5 stars good viewing rubbish price., 27 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Shrek the Halls [DVD] (DVD)
these little spin offs are great to watch as just like the originals.....but not very good value at all at just 25 minutes or so long.
but what can you do when they put these out and your kid is shrek mad?

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first two films, 6 Jun. 2010
Joanna Jones (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shrek the Halls [DVD] (DVD)
This film wasn't as good as the first two. I found it hard to get engaged with it and was a little bored while watching. I was also a bit disappointed that I didn't get to see the shrek babies until the end of the film and they didn't have a very big part.

However, there were still some good, funny lines. The part where the ugly sister said Prince Charming made her hotter than July made me howl with laughter!

It is definitely worth watching but don't expect the masterpiece of the first two. They've made Shrek 4 which I hope is an improvement.

3.0 out of 5 stars Way Too Short..., 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Shrek the Halls [DVD] (DVD)
I'll not go on about the story plot and Shrek's cute babies, as it has been done many times before in other reviews. I will however say for what you have to pay for this DVD (RRP New Price ) it is way too short. You just get settled into the potentially good story line... and it ends leaving you wanting more. So, unless you can get it cheap on Amazon or your a Shrek fan, I would simply avoid it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointing...., 5 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Shrek the Halls [DVD] (DVD)
As usual a great for all Shrek fans just could have been a bit longer but you will enjoy it I am sure.

3.0 out of 5 stars Watchable...., 26 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Shrek the Halls [DVD] (DVD)
Slightly disappointed by this film, definately not upto the standard of the Shrek films. My children watched it but were not rocking with laughter which they do with the films. Its okay and its not very long so its over before you get too bored with it. I think the kids may watch it occasionally but its not going to be a favourite.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money - too short, 10 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Shrek the Halls [DVD] (DVD)
Thought this was full length shrek movie (didn't read the info properly). Only lasted roughly 30mins and didn't keep my sons (who usually like shrek) enterained at all. It's just cashing in on xmas films - don't waste your money. Would be ok if you just wanted to somethng for them to watch before bathtime at xmas but not much else

Shrek the Halls [DVD]
Shrek the Halls [DVD] by Gary Trousdale (DVD - 2008)