Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 24 July 2010
Arrived quickly and seems to work extremely well. The telly in the dining room that worked perfectly with the old Aldi amplifier which fed said telly and the PC in my bedroom/study started to suffer from break-up on some of the more obscure channels to which my missus has become addicted (and consequently banished to the dining room while she feeds her 'habit') So when she could no longer watch Rocks&Co and Bid-up TV etc.it was something of a disaster akin to the Titanic sinking! After a mooch around the net, I bought the SLx Gold Amp and Bingo! The lost channels were back clearer (and more annoying)than ever before.
My only criticism...Too many lights. It lights up like a christmas tree on the 24th December. Even the badge is illuminated! If it was behind a telly in a corner it would do a passable immitation of a Philips Ambilight setup. Still LEDs use negligible power so it's no biggie. Recommended.
on 31 August 2009
I purchased this to replace an old unit that worked great with analogue transmissions but heavily reduced the level of digital transmissions. It arrived very promptly and worked great - I now have three additional TV's giving great pictures on analogue AND digital as well as a Sky box output (although I have not tested the "TV Link" across it).

However, the unit has a "Short Circuit Protection" alarm that was FAR too sensitive. The TV's themselves caused it to alarm - i.e leave a short TV manufacturer's cable attached but remove the TV (A modern Sony Bravia) from the other end and the "alarm" disappears. One TV was NOT giving an alarm until I tried (as an experiment) removing the cheap Alba Freeview box before it - and immediately got an "alarm". Obviously this amp was happy with the Freeview box but not the old Samsung portable. I also got an alarm from an empty wall socket (worked great with a TV plugged in)

So, a unit that works great and is well worth the cost - but don't put too much faith in the "alarm" system.
on 10 February 2011
This is a well engineered box. I used it to distribute my loft aerial to 4 different tv sets. Be aware that if your signal strength is already high then the amplification provided by the box might cause you to lose your signal. Although this isn't mentioned in the documentation I was able to prove it by connecting it to another tv that already had a signal that was at 90% strength on some channels. If I put the box in the loop then my tv got no signal for these strong channels but still boosted the weaker channels OK.
on 11 November 2010
I Purchased this to split my ariel into four different rooms. Although currently only running two Tv points (yet to install the others). I am very impressed with this product my digital freeview signal is the best that it has ever been, no loss of quality. I would recommend this to anyone.
on 3 February 2013
This is a very robust and well made product. It has slots on the back so it can be wall mounted and the mains cable has a pivoting connection to avoid cable strain. The power light on the front is quite bright so if likely to be seen worth obscuring with tape or smething. Recommended.
on 7 August 2010
Had poor analogue and missing digital channels due to a long aerial lead run. This item restored quality and digital channels perfectly to 2 TVs. I guess if you have no signal boosting it does no good, but if you have a poor signal then this item can fix the problem. Recommended.
on 10 August 2010
Disappointing to find that although the signal gain is indeed boosted, the digital signal quality degrades quite a bit when this device is inserted into the signal path. I suspect the response is not as flat as claimed. Using 3 x DVB-T devices (2xTVs and PVR) I can see that for a 70%+ signal level at each device, I go from 100% error free when the aerial is connected straight to any device, to a 20% to 80% error level (mux dependant) when the amplifier is inserted. I am now looking for a much better quality device. Modern digital receivers can measure their error performance and indeed perform a degree of error correction thus hiding this degradation - but only to a point.
on 23 May 2010
i brought this to help tidy up the mass of aerial leads behind my tv and boost signal to the 2 other tv,s in the house and it has worked a treat cables now all tidy and all tv,s working brilliantley
on 17 February 2015
Got this to replace an old one we had 10 years of age or more the picture was better the only problem we had was upstairs we lost sky but we changed the RF number and now sky upstairs is better
on 30 January 2013
I needed this just amplify the tv/ sky signal around the house -- as long as you follow the instructions ABC it works, signal amplification for my set up was excellent