on 7 October 2009
It's smart and easy to install but I've had a number of them over the years. The magic eye ceases to work in some sockets (swap to another and it works so it's not the eye).We even had a new Sky box installed as we thought it was that!

Some have caused interference and have had to be exchanged. I would just like them to be a bit more reliable.

My current one is 7months old and is starting to fail...again!
on 14 August 2009
We recently moved into a new house and ran new aerial cables to most rooms. One of these was 30m long and for speed I connected it directly to the aerial so we could at least have 1 TV connected. Unfortunately the picture quality was quite poor on most channels and not good enough for digital TV.

I bought the booster to supply more TVs but didn't realise the effect it would have on picture quality. It was easy to set up (just screw f connectors on to your cables and connect them to the unit). The picture was instantly crystal clear and we now have a signal good enough for Freeview as well!

Highly recommended and very cheap too!
on 27 December 2011
I have wired this so that Sky can be watched from every room in the house, with a magic eye in the main bedroom so e can change channels there as well as in the lounge. Works perfectly.

Now about Amazon, my wife had someone use her account to do 50 transactions in one day buying gift certificates.She as then locked out of her account. Amazon ere extremely difficult to deal with. Their people had strong Jamaican accents so communication as difficult.

So far to weeks later they have done nothing to resolve the situation, fortunately the credit card company Mand S are much better. My advise to anyone is to take their credit card details off Amazons site. M and S tell me there is a lot of fraud going on on Amazon. My view is that if they dont look after you dont do business with them! But you can of course put your card details back on if you buy something through them, then take it off again to prevent someone ripping you off.
on 25 May 2012
This item is working well and as per the instructions and expectation.

Bought to distribute a TV signal to 6 co-ax leads - so selected this 8 way unit to give spare leads. Selected a unit with F connectors on the advise of an AV expert.

This unit is now doing the job it was bought for in conjuction with a LABGEAR 450W aerial mounted inside a loft and receiving off the Caldbeck Cumbria transmitter which is 20 miles away over slightly undulating terrain.

It has short circuit protection which gives a red led when a bad cable is connected. Only problem is that when the TV (other TV related devices) are connected the led is also red - this is normal state the instructions.

Fixing weak point - it has 2 holes in the back to hang off screw heads - except the holes will not work with size 8 screws or larger. When using a size 6 screw, the head just fits but the screw shank is tight so you need to be 100% accurate (i.e too accurate) when placing the screws. I considered these unuseable. The fixing holes need changing to accommodate at least size 10 screw head and have some play. It is now mounted on a 60 degree loft spar hung by tie wraps off a cup hook.

I gave it 4 stars because of the slight led issue and the poor fixing. Would have liked to give it 4.5 stars. Could not give it 5 stars.
on 4 January 2010
bought this amplifier to replace an existing amp that i could not use with sky multiroom.very easy to install and provides excellent picture throughout the house . also has digital bypass so you can use magic eye or similar to control your skybox from other rooms and at a reasonable price
on 12 October 2013
This make seems to be the best after trying others, some makes seem not able to do what they claim whereas I find the SLX units do exactly what they claim. I have had a few of these in the past and they have lasted without fail for many years. I chose the one with the F connectors this time as I always find they sit in the mess of cables behind the TV and it always worries me that one of the cables will come unplugged if it gets caught and it is so much hassle to move everything out to get to. So with the F connectors being screw in there is little chance of this and plus you get the benefit of a good tight connections, takes any element of doubt away basically. Cannot fault in any way.
on 7 February 2012
The first one arrived faulty and instead of amplifying the signal it degraded it by 20 DBuV. Amazon was, as always, brilliant in sorting this out and another item arrived in a couple of days. The new one is working as it should, however it increases the signal by 18DBuV per port not 8 as I expected, so now my signal at TV sockets is slightly higher than advised but non of my TVs seem to mind. The product itself looks nice and solid maybe slightly bigger than some others but you do get surge protection with it.
on 13 September 2013
Bought this product because of the good reviews and the higher standard of F-type connectors over the other kind. The device distributes aerial and Sky RF2-Out signals as expected. Unfortunately mine did not work with a number of Magic Eye devices (which would work without the amplifier in place).

Amazon have sent me an RMA label and I will be looking for a more reliable brand of amplifier such as ANTIFERENCE A281L-PRO`F` 8+1 SET VHF/UHF to fulfill my distribution needs.
on 1 September 2009
Had picture interference with this amplifier so opted for a non-powered amplifier which works fine. Had an earlier RF connector version from the same manufacturer which was great. a bit dissappointed this actually made the picture worse! I'm sure there will be someone out there who knows what the problem was but to be honest I've replaced it with 2 x 4 output non-powered "pro-ception" f connector amplifiers which work brilliantly without changing any of the other connections.
on 14 February 2012
Have setup my home to ensure sky runs through the aerial to all rooms. With this F-Clip amp i'm seeing very good signal throughout my 4 bed house with no signal degradation at all. This gives a cleaner,crisper signal compared to the old composite aerial amp's i have used in the past and i would highly recommend to anyone.

See one answered question