Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

4.5 out of 5 stars4,003
Size: 8GB|Change
Price:£2.09+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 4 April 2010
Before getting to the actual memory card, I'd first like to mention two things I like:

1. It comes with the MicroSD adapter - something I find very useful.
MicroSD is almost *the* standard for mobile phones (with even stubborn manufacturers like Sony Ericsson slowly ditching their proprietary formats in favor of this) but the problem is, a lot of larger products (like cameras and laptops for instance) take only the standard SD card.
Here, it is advantageous to have the adapter because all you have to do is plug the card in your adapter and you're ready to transfer your pix/files from your phone to your laptop and vice versa.

2. The packaging won't injure you.
Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of those horrible plastic-clamshell packaging which takes a knife and two steady hands to cut open; fortunately, this card ships in a neat cardboard cover which surrounds a re-sealable plastic 'case' that can also double as a storage case in case you need it (although wasn't probably intended for that purpose).

Getting to the actual card, I found the card reasonably fast with okay read and write speeds; this is most likely attributed to the "Class 4" speeds it carries, but to be honest I'm not too sure what that means for the average joe (who's probably only going to use this on their phone or whatever)

The only (small) complaint I have is that its a tad bit difficult to pull the memory card out of the adapter, but then that's hardly a complaint considering the performance and the price, so I gladly give this five stars.
66 comments|390 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 January 2013
There are far too many fakes about and its essential you test your card on receipt, some fakes will pass some of the test programmes, so test with ChkFlsh, Crystal Disk Mark & especially H2testW. H2testW tests the full capacity of the card, so will catch any using aliasing to fake larger than real capacity. A card with full capacity but high error rate/slow write speed indicates a 'ghost run' fake.

I`ve added images to the product gallery to assist in visually identifying genuine & fake cards.

Good results:
A 32GB card should have a formatted capacity of around 30GB, format in FAT/FAT32 only (NTFS shortens life of flash media & wont improve performance)
A class 4 card must have a write speed of 4MB/s minimum (large files) the first result in Crystal Disk Mark should indicate that.
Read speeds should be over 12MB/s.
review image
1919 comments|304 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 December 2011
Before buying this item I spent a good two hours looking for the cheapest and most trustworthy seller online. After watching several adapter and card packs on ebay and comparing about twenty shops on google shopping it appeared that no one would let this item go for less than amazon even when taking delivery charges into account. It arrived promptly and works perfectly. Save yourself some time and look no further than here. I've done the research for you. You're welcome.
on 26 October 2009
I bought three SanDisk equivalents and then bought three of these. Don't bother with SanDisk, these are twice the speed for the same money.
22 comments|140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 September 2009
I bought this SD card for my phone as it has very little memory. This card has enabled me to download an enormous amount of music to listen to on the go. well worth the money :)
on 11 April 2011
The MicroDS card is ok. I have used it for a few weeks now, and it quite fast recording in my Lumix TZ7. The adpter is absolutely useless! The lock slide button was so loose that it moved by itself each time I slid it into the phone. Fortunately I had a spare Sandisk adapter. I thew it away!
4 Star for MicSD and 1 Star for adapter.
on 22 July 2011
This is a great value card and works very well in my HTC Desire HD. Its seems to be genuine as you would expect from Amazon and is a lot cheaper than you can find in the shops. Did not need formatting worked as soon has I put it in the phone. Copying the contents of my old disk (which I had put onto my PC) was very fast. Delivery was very slow, 12 days
on 8 February 2009
Does what it should at a very reasonable price!

Two minor probs experienced:-

1. Getting the card out of its plastic adaptor storage/transportation case (not the retail packaging!).... The clasp on the case makes it nigh-on impossible to get into and I had to resort to using a knife blade to prise it open!

2. The micro card itself sits flush in its sd adaptor which makes it difficult to pull it out, so could do with a small ridge or indentation on its upper edge in order to be able to easily remove it from the adaptor, or out of slots on equipment that aren't spring-loaded (e.g. Blackberry Storm!)

Other than that, very happy! And of course, despite ordering with a super-saver delivery and expecting a 14 day delivery period, with Amazon's inimitable efficiency, the card arrived within 2 days!

Tim.
on 10 April 2014
I received this ahead of the due to deliver date.

I ordered two on the Monday and received them on the Thursday.
According to the paperwork, I was order 99 of 100!

The goods are excellent and fast working.

I used the first one in a Blackberry curve mobile and that showed a big increase in speed, the second in my Nokia 113 phone with same speeding up.

So I can only say THEY ARE BRILLIANT!

If you need one for your mobile, go for it.

It only goes to show that Amazon offers good quality along with very keen prices.

I mean to say, 2 X 8 GB media cards for under £6.00 delivered!

WOW.

Victor of London.
on 1 April 2011
I am not rating the seller, only this product. You really do need to test the product soon after buying it. I kept this product unopened as it was to form part of a present (an advent vega tablet which sold out before I could get one), so it was 3 months before I then opened the package and copied a few photos to it. Then kept it to one side until I copied some more this weekend. when I wanted to see what was on the card, there was nothing and in fact it said it needed formatting, which, after several times trying, I decided I could replace the photos anyway and eventually tried to do. The window popped up which said it was 8GB and not 32GB and then said it could not be formatted either. In properties it had 0 bytes used 0bytes free so it was a ~Dud~ and probably a fake. So - check it by copying some files across and see if it works, and check capacity is what it says it is!
66 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse