5.0 out of 5 stars Very good on flights
Published on 23 Jun 2010 by D. C. F. Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars ok
They're ok for the price, but not great.

good points:
- they're blocking out a lot of sound already when just putting them on in passive mode without any music
- very good sound in active mode
- reasonably comfortable, with large earparts, so they don't squeeze your ear
- you can unplug the cable at both ends and replace it completely. Most...
Published 5 months ago by code_monkey

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good on flights, 23 Jun 2010
I looked at a lot of noise cancelling headphones and choose these based on price and reviews on the internet. I recently used them each way on a four hour flight to Turkey. You can only use them for about three hours because of restrictions on take off and landing but they proved comfortable during that time and I have a large head and large ears. When I first put them on I disappeared into my own peaceful world. I could listen to my MP3 player without turning up the volume. You can still hear a faint background noise. I could still hear my family and stewards speaking to me but occasionally had to take them off if they were not close to me. I could hear the announcements over the speakers clearer than without them. After a while I wondered how much effect the noise cancelling system was having compared with the natural over the ear effect. I switched off the power and was amazed how much noise came in - almost as much as taking them off. The sound quality was probably not as good as my old hi-fi headphones at home but was fine considering what I was listening to and where. I have a couple of problems with my hearing and usually take a few hours to recover after even a short flight. Having used these I was in perfect condition at the end of each flight and can recommend these to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable bargain, 5 Sep 2013
M. A. Nagle (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LINDY NC-40 20425 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones (Electronics)
Wow. If you want loud, they're loud. The noise cancelling is superb; low frequencies disappear, which makes public transport - even here in London - far more bearable. True, the sound quality is not pristine with the cancellation turned off but that's easily rectified by turning it on! With this level of cancellation, and this deep and powerful a sound for under fifty pounds, it's hard not to resort to superlatives. I'd recommend these headphones unreservedly to anyone who doesn't have hundreds of pounds to spare on the only marginally better Bose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 17 April 2012
Bought for 30 and worth every penny. I used these NC Headphones on a 4 leg journey to New Zealand, and they were great. They cancelled out the aircraft's hum and also produced a crisp and clear soung quality. After wearing for nearly 30 hours straight my ears slighty ached from the headphones pushing against them (but after 30 hours all headphones will do that) They came with a flight adapter and were incredibly hard wearing, havent changed the AAA battery yet either!

Would buy again in a Heartbeat. Why spend 150 on Bose when you can have 5 pairs on Lindy NC's instead?

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 10 Feb 2014
They're ok for the price, but not great.

good points:
- very good sound in active mode
- reasonably comfortable, with large earparts, so they don't squeeze your ear
- you can unplug the cable at both ends and replace it completely. Most headphones I went through over the years I had to throw out because the cable got dodgy
- comes with a nice bag and adapter
- relatively cheap

bad points:
- enclosed cable is quite short
- headphones are very heavy
- in passive mode the sound coming out of the speakers is noticeably muffled, which I didn't expect
- in active mode if you move around or chew something and your ear touches the membrane inside the headphone, it makes
- active mode burns through the batteries quite quickly
- even in active mode you can *still* hear people talking around you, it just makes everything sound tinny and distant.

Conclusion: You get what you pay for. If you just want to lower the noise around you it's fine. If you suffer from APD, you'll want something stronger.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 19 April 2012
excellent headphones i used them on a long plane flight,and these made it much more bearable,I would definately recommend them especially good for talking books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 12 Mar 2013
pansipotter (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
I spotted these after trying to save up for another (much more expensive) brand and spotting a review in What Hi-Fi

They cover up the sounds of noisy coworkers and the kids!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 4 Mar 2013
Mr. K. Dobson (Thame, Oxon, UK) - See all my reviews
Used these on a flight last week. They do a very good job of cancelling the background aircraft noise. Tried them on the transfer bus but they weren't as good cancelling the different noises there.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 28 Feb 2013
Bought for my husband, he's blind and background noise whilst listening to his books or radio or anything drives him to distraction,not any more these are superb are noise cancelling.I reccomend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value - makes 200+ headphones look VERY expensive, 9 July 2012
I bought and returned a 200+ pair of sennheiser active noise cancelling headphones. They were too quiet, the quality did not seem that good and to top it off they came complete with a scuff on the housing. So I was looking for an alternative, and researched online finding these Lindy phones. They got a very good rating/review from What Hi-Fi, so I thought - for 40 you can hardly go wrong. And I was absolutely right! To my (non audophile!) ears, these subjectively sound better, do an admirable job of noise cancelling and are of more than adequate quality. They are also very comfortable.

Excellent, unbeatable value at 40! A SIXTH(!) of the price of the competition.

One thing to note - do not tap the headphones when in use, it interferes with the noise cancelling circuitry and makes it sound like a loose wire. I was ready to return these, thinking they were faulty - but this is not a fault. Don't tap it and it's absolutely fine (this IS mentioned in the instructions).

4.0 out of 5 stars For the money good., 25 Oct 2013
Can be a bit tight on the ears during a long flight, but for the cost worth every penny. Would buy again.