5.0 out of 5 stars Giottos MH7000-652 Series 1 Ball Head With Quick Release
This is an exceptionally well made ball head. Of the three available sizes I use the MH7002, which is the largest and most sturdy, able to hold up to 8 kilos. However, they all function identically and even the largest is very lightweight.

Published on 30 Jan 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Ball Head - But use on a monopod.
Published on 17 Sep 2009 by RB

5.0 out of 5 stars Giottos MH7000-652 Series 1 Ball Head With Quick Release, 30 Jan 2011
This review is from: Giottos Series I MH7002-652 Ball Head with Quick Release (Electronics)

I've used it on a tripod and monopod to great effect. The issue over the inadequate tilt is somewhat bogus as the head tilts a whole 180 degrees and swivels 360 degrees. The head allows for full adjustment in all directions, up down left, right, forward, & back whether on a tripod or monopod. I think the assumption from some reviewers is that the head should be able to pan when in the landscape (default) position thereby allowing the full 180 degree slot to be moved through 90 degrees without releasing the ball joint. This is not the case. The reason for this is the single adjustment lever used to allow both tilt and swivel. However, this means you can't use the head for tripod panning so it is unsuitable for video use. In essence, the device is a traditional photographic ball head suited for positioning the camera in a fixed position on a tripod.

The 3 spirit levels are accurate though a little small and not easy to read in subdued light or with a large dslr camera fitted. The levels do allow the head to be adjusted without the camera in place, which makes it easier to adjust.

The 5 year warranty is superb. The QR adaptor plate (MH652) is available separately and only costs about £20 so the head should be good for a lifetime's use.

I love the one I bought, the MH7002-652 and can't believe they are offered at such a low price. It's a device that one will grow to rely on because time and again it won't let you down. So long as it is used correctly of course.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Right Head, 11 April 2011
I am using this Head on a Giottos Monopod, to great effect. Age has finally caught up with me, so not so steady with my my hands or on my feet. Suddenly I am enjoying my D700, 70-300VR lens, with many more hits than before. Incredibly easy to use. A must if you are over 75. Or even Younger!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great head, puzzled by other reviews, 1 Jan 2011
For thirty odd quid this is an absolute steal. The head is incredibly simple but effective. Essentially one screw tightens the two sides of the head onto the ball, holding even a heavy Canon 50D and 70-200 L lens firm. What's really clever though and I think the other reviewers must have missed is that the single screw also locks/allows the head to rotate easily allowing portrait as well as landscape orientation, portrait via the two slots either side of the head.
I'm using this head on my monopod but am considering buying another for my tripod as the control is very simple and would suit the cold mornings I usually find myself working in due to the ease of use with just one screw.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Ball Head - But use on a monopod., 17 Sep 2009
This is a pretty decent ball head but is a bit curious. I bought to use on a monopod and I think it's well suited to this purpose but rather less so for as a normal tripod head. Why? Well movement tilt movement laterally is very restricted (possibly no more than 10 degrees) unless you use the slots (of which there are two) which give full 180 degrees range in one plane. So it's pretty useless on a tripod as you continuously need to move the legs/column around to use the slot. But this restriction actually works really well on a monopod and is better than a normal full scope ball.

Additionally, it's quite light, has a good sized adjustable knob and is pretty solid on the lock (noting that you will need to spend a lot more to get better stability on a ball head so this is pretty picky).

Quick release plate is ok but I've since upgraded to a Kirk quick release platform to be able to use Acra style plates. That upgrade cost somewhat more than the original ball head. Hmm!

So very good/ideal for a monopod. I'd pass by for use on a tripod though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price good head., 7 July 2014
A. Marriott "Morph" (UK) - See all my reviews
Cracking little ball head for the price, holds my 50d and 200mm lens no problem, only thing I dont like is the locking handle has to be pulled out to lock it off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quick release safety lever fault, 15 April 2014
Be careful when purchasing this product. Mine arrived and the safety catch for the quick release did not have to be pressed to active the release. I would not want thousands of pounds of expensive camera equipment to hit the deck and smash. Amazon have been quick to refund, but please carefully check your product

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my Giottas tripod, 23 Mar 2014
A. Birchall - See all my reviews
Perfect addition to replace the fixed head on my tripod, especially at this price! Would certainly recommend it to my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and effective, 15 Nov 2013
Simple to fit to mono pod, quick release is safe and fast to use, tilt is fantastic. Excellent build quality and great value for money

4.0 out of 5 stars Ball Head Review, 20 Sep 2011
Very quick delivery, well packaged too. Head is a little heavier than I expected, but seems well built. Very easy to setup, and has a smooth nicely waited action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Giotto MH7000-652 ball head, 16 April 2011
Bought for a trip to Edinburgh to go with a Giotto Monopod. It was not the item listed but after contact with Fotosense they dealt with the problem quickly and professionally. The ball head and Monopod combination meant I was able to take photos in low light with great results. No large footprint as you get with a tripod, a third the weight and can be used as a walking stick. This ballhead is the smallest and lightest of the 3 65 series head but perfectly adequate for my Canon 50D. I would recommend this to anyone.