4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Series In Awful Packaging
As a life long Cheers fan,and after re-watching all 11 seasons of it on DVD, I decided to purchase this set to get my fix and Dr Crane was my favourite character in Cheers.
Iv just finished Frasier and its a fantastic series, superbly written and well acted.
Season 1 to 7 is about as good as TV gets, there are some amazing episodes and the writing is...
Published on 6 Oct 2011 by D. Mccaffrey

1.0 out of 5 stars Great comedy, shame about the packaging :o(
I'm going to dispense with the review of the actual series because everyone knows how good it is. This is simply to share my thoughts on the actual box packaging which is I'm afraid to say poor at best! There is a cardboard "book" for each of the eleven series and 4 discs in each but rather than the usual plastic snap in holder the discs are simply slotted into a cut out...
Published on 8 Nov 2010 by alex pickard

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Every disc is sratched: Shame on you, Paramount, for these package!, 13 Aug 2011
I love the show frasier. As a not native speaker watching such a great TV Show like this helps me, to improve my english - above all it is more entertaining than watching news in englisch.

But the package is a shame. The discs are in slipcases made of carton.
Because of this, every disc shows scratches on the sensitive surface. Depending on the kind and intensity of these scratches,
your player has problems, to play one or two shows per disc correctly.

Regardless of how careful you take the disc out of the slipcase they are scrached. So I guess these scratches came from putting the disc inside during the packaging process.

So my advice is: Don't buy this box. Better buy the seasons in standard plastic boxes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need sub-titles?, 2 Mar 2010
flyinghyphen "flyinghyphen" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Frasier Season 1 Subtitles are: English for the hearing impaired, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish
Frasier Season 2 Subtitles are: English for the hearing impaired, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish
Frasier Season 3 Subtitles are: English for the hearing impaired, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish
Frasier Season 4 Subtitles are: English for the hearing impaired, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish
Frasier Season 5 Subtitles are: English, English for the hearing impaired, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish
Frasier Season 6 Subtitles are: English, English for the hearing impaired, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish
Frasier Season 7 Subtitles are: English for the hearing impaired
Frasier Season 8 Subtitles are: English for the hearing impaired
Frasier Season 9 Subtitles are: English for the hearing impaired
Frasier Season 10 Subtitles are: English for the hearing impaired
Frasier Season 11 Subtitles are: English for the hearing impaired

2.0 out of 5 stars Great show, terribly packaged, 31 Aug 2011
When I found this set for such a good price I was thrilled, because I'd always wanted to see Frasier from start to finish having loved what I'd seen of the show beforehand. Getting 11 seasons for such a good price seemed almost too good to be true... and it was. The packaging for this set looks nice but it is so badly made it's a bit of a joke. The individual fold out carboard sets for each season are incredibly flimsy and crease very easily. My main dissapointment is the lack of attention to protecting the discs. The discs are held in cardboard slots, these slots are either too loose so that the DVDs fall out, or too tight so that it's pretty much impossible not to scratch the disc when taking it out or struggling to put it back in! Some of the sleaves were even ripped, presumably when the manufacturers attempted to force the discs in. Because of this, many of the discs skipped when I tried to play them and I do mean MANY. Unfortunately this full series set seems to be part of a trend at the moment, where DVD producers make their sets cheap to make rather than pay any attention to protecting the actual product (the DVDs). If you can get the individual sets at a decent price, they're worth getting, because Frasier is a terrific show from start to finish... but I wouldn't reccomend this set to anyone.

PS: If anyone knows how to contact the DVD manufacturers to complain, please let me know how. Because I am disgusted by the lack of care taken in making this product. I frequently sell things on Amazon that are USED and I wouldn't even think of sending someone a product in such poor condition... so certainly wouldn't expect it from a brand new and sealed product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless, 19 April 2009
Mark Reilly "Panthera" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frasier Complete Collection (Series 1-11) [DVD] (DVD)
"Frasier" is a comedy program about a radio-psychiatrist in Seattle, taken from the character of Frasier in "Cheers".
A classic program with a great balance of features. It's a clever comedy, but not something you have to be "super-smart" to enjoy (despite what some people think). Some episodes have an element of farse that would rival Fawlty Towers, like "The Ski Lodge" or "Perspectives On Christmas". Others throw the characters into brilliant predicaments, like Frasier and and his brother Niles trying to maintain a new restaurant without a kitchen staff or accidentally getting their father high on pot. The characters are all convincing and funny and really go well together, even when they clash (i.e. the father-son relationship of Frasier/Niles and their dad). The dialogue is superbly clever and funny and is just full of great one-liners as well some really amusing speeches. All of this comes together in a beautiful style that is unique to "Frasier".

The box set is also a good buy (at least when I got it at 85). The 11 series are arranged in 4 leafed cases within the box and the dvds are the same as in the individual series box sets (including the interviews and celebrity voices features of the early series). Each episode of each series is indexed on the back of these cases so you know where to find what you're looking for. Since the episodes tend to have clever, catchy titles it's often very easy to remember which episode a particular moment happened in.

In short, if you've got the money, it's more than worth buying. Even if you watched it non-stop, it would still take days to go through it all, and it's the kind of program you can watch repeatedly (I have and will continue to do so). There's no program out there (comedy or otherwise) that I'd rank above "Frasier".

5.0 out of 5 stars How can you not love Frasier???, 9 Mar 2013
I was hesitant to purchase this product due to previous reviews on packaging but I took the risk in doing so and I'm glad I did.
There is one DVD that did play a little obscure but overall I am very happy with the product.
Very quick delivery and have watched the entire box set already in just a few weeks.
If you like Frasier half as much as I?.......... It is a MUST have:). Thank you amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars impressive initial viewing, 10 Nov 2012
Having read earlier reviews - many very scathing - I ordered this Frasier box set with some trepidation. To date, have watched only 4 episodes, all of which have been of perfect quality. The packaging appears quite adequate - presumably a major improvement based on earlier reviews. If the remaining discs are of equal quality, I shall consider this purchase amazing value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frasier, 26 Jan 2012
The show (5/5)
I've decided to buy this boxset, even if I've never seen the show before, because of all the positive reviews found on the web. While I'm writing this review, I've seen seasons from 1 to 7, and there is absolutely no sign of decline: I'm very happy with this purchase. The writing is smart, and the acting is maybe the best I've ever seen in any sit-com: especially David Hyde Pierce is fantastic as Niles Crane, Frasier's brother.
The show gives its best in the episodes characterized by a series of misunderstandings, which create very funny situations. This kind of episodes is present, more than once, in every season.

The content (3/5)
Subtitles are well described in the 'produtc details'. English subtitles for all the seasons.
Special features on each disc for the seasons from 1 to 3. Then only in one disc of season 9.
Typical things: episodes commentary by authors and actors, some insight in-depth, undortunately no bloopers.

The package (5/5)
I see that many have complained. In my case nothing went wrong.
Also, I like this packaging very much: smart, colourful, eco-friendly and space-saving.
Follow the link for photos of the product:

[...]

ps. this is my first review, and I'm not English: I apologize for all kind of errors you were forced to read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just The Packaging..., 18 Feb 2011
Ms. L. J. Braisby "leigh" (Doncaster, South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
First off, Frasier is an absolutely fantastic, witty, highly amusing, wonderful Series that I have enjoyed every moment of. The end Series is heartwarming and very emotional.
The only thing that lets this down is the Box that the set comes in. The outside box is durable and quite well made, with a very cute picture of Eddie below the Frasier logo. However mine has stretched out at the sides so looks quite old, even though I've only had it about 2 months.
The single cardboard fold-outs that each Series come in are a complete failure and are a major let down, they're squeezed in extremely tight to the Box which makes them bend and leave marks and even scratches on the Disks... I have had problems playing some of the Disks, and have had to clean the majority of them due to the marks that have been caused due to pressure.
If you do buy this Box, check the disks before playing them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great show - unimpressive set., 10 Feb 2011
Readers of this will already know how great the show actually is. My comments are on the set itself. The cardboard sleeves are very cheaply put together and I can see where others are complaining about damaged discs. Mine are all ok. However I'm watching on a 46" plasma and picture quality is not good. I acknowledge we are always raising expectations and I don't know if its because of my upscaling blu-ray or in spite of it, the playback is certainly looking its age.I've also tried it on my old dvd player but no difference really. I would have thought a great show like this would have deserved a bit more effort in the remastering department. That said don't let this put you off. At current prices it's still a great buy and once past the "pretending to be an old vhs" images there is some real sparkling stuff in there. I'm still glad I bought this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best TV comedy ever, 27 Sep 2010
Marc Mywords (Beirut, Lebanon) - See all my reviews
Smart, sophisticated and very funny, amazing script and wonderfully acted from first to last episode.

The box set is nice looking and a bargain, it does suffer a bit from the cardboard packaging as the CD's tend to have a mark line where the edge of the cardboard meets the discs, this makes my image jitter in some instances but I've managed to 'clean' every CD I've watched so far. FYI you can use either a damp cloth (water only) or for extreme scratching a bit of toothpaste (yes it works and does not damage your player, of course not in excess), these usually do the trick. So the packaging could have been better but it's such a bargain to have the complete set that I can overlook it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›