5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement to a old HD capture device
I bought this product back in November 2009 and been using it since, the quality of the item is good and it looks like it long time. As the title says I bought this device primary to replace a HD capture device I had at the time; the Hauppauge HD PVR. The reason why I replaced the device is because the HD PVR doesn't allow you to have the device act like a webcam, the...
Published on 4 Sep 2010 by XeWoN

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited capability
This product seems to promise to do a lot but the reality is very different. It does capture certain resolutions very well but that is it. 1280x720p@50 1280x720p@59.97 1280x720p@60 for HDMI and standard PAL/NTSC interlaced for component input. I once got 1920x1080i@60 half-working: the first interlaced frame was shown in the top half and the second interlaced frame in...
Published on 22 July 2012 by Andrew Peter Mee (Barthax)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect quality, 18 Oct 2010
Ben Edwards (Hampshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: INTENSITY PRO (Personal Computers)
You can't get better than this capture card unless you have 3.0 USB which very few people have. A little tricky to set up but once you have it's absolutely stunning. I can't really fault it and don't listen to anyone who says it doesn't work with Playstation because it does, they're just idiots. Anyway, i would seriously recommend buying one! Five stars all the way!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lot of fuss for pc but perfect for consoles, 3 Aug 2011
This review is from: INTENSITY PRO (Personal Computers)
The product is absolutely amazing, turns out 1080i videos from a high standard graphics card and gaming computer and streams smoothly with no lag to the internet. This is due to the rendering being on the actual card rather than taking up cpu from the computer itself. I originally bought this to record pc gaming, however, due to the fuss of the output not wanting to show on the monitor that i was recording from i had to buy additional products in order to record pc games to upload to the internet. This consisted of a HDMI splitter to get the output and a PCI-E extender cable due to the placement of my PCI-E socket.

However this is a machine that rules over the HDPVR all day any day. Just make sure you have what it takes before purchasing! Or you'll be running around like a mad chicken like myself to get it to work!

Enjoy your new BMD intensity pro.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works amazingly well., 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: INTENSITY PRO (Personal Computers)
Although it is a little bit on the expensive side, I would recommend it to anyone looking for HD recording with absolutely no lag at all.

I'm using this with my PS3, and I had to buy a component cable for the PS3 in order to record from it due to the PS3's HDCP. I ended up buying a cheap component cable and initially when I plugged it directly to my TV, there was horrible ghosting, but when I plugged the component into my Intensity Pro, and output the video from the card to my TV via HDMI, the ghosting was completely gone!

As for the software, it doesn't play that well on low screen resolutions (1280x1024 or higher is best), and I would recommend looking up various guides on youtube about the software.

A brilliant piece of kit, would recommend to anyone who has a computer with a spare PCIe slot!

5.0 out of 5 stars black magic pro, 20 April 2012
This review is from: INTENSITY PRO (Personal Computers)
I was very suprise by the speed delivery. By the comments of (9) user, i was bit unsure to buy for that product. I am a independendt video grapher and adobe user.My computer ( I7, Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Motherboard ). very easy set up PCI card, but for adobe cs5.5 user, there is function, need to set up, i had to asked to one of my friend who is media specialist and my media file is AVCD file sony format. Finally, result was superb on my hd real time TV screen while my editing. I am really recomend to someone who want to buy this prouct for budget video editor like me.

for adobe user,
there is 3 step need to do
(1) down load the latest program from blakckmagic.
(2) set the format in Blackmagic Design Control Pannel.
(3) And premiere pro, project setting in sequence setting, choose revelent file
and you done.

1.0 out of 5 stars probably a good product if you can get it to work., 7 Sep 2011
Mr. Oliver Tatlow "Ol" (Bradfrod, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: INTENSITY PRO (Personal Computers)
Bought this supposedly plug and play component and spent several days mucking about trying to get it working. Discovered after purchasing that you need a very powerful computer and whether your motherboard will be compatible is a bit of a lottery. I would recommend not to buy this unless you really know what you are doing with computers and research thoroughly to make sure your machine will be compatible.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning, 13 May 2010
B. Buckingham - See all my reviews
Amazon fail to mention this product will not work with any Dell systems. I found this out the hard way. You have been warned. check the black magic support site before purchasing

2.0 out of 5 stars This product will not work with Playstation 3 due to it not being HDCP compliant, 18 May 2010
Amazon fail to mention this product will not work with Playstation 3 due to it not being HDCP compliant. I found this out after I had purchased but before it was shipped but a quick email to them and they had responded and cancelled my order in a few hours.

INTENSITY PRO