Price:£3.98+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 19 August 2011
Really good jerry can made of a touch plastic. It holds approx. 5L and is colour coded to indicate its for petrol. The jerry can has a nozzle that screws onto the can to make pouring far easier, this also neatly clips away once finished with.

Overall, its a jerry can but a pretty good one !
on 13 August 2012
I've used this type of petrol can for my lawnmower petrol for years and wanted to replace it. It must be years because it was bought before we had unleaded petrol and it was red. A piece of the spout had broken off and the cap retainer had also broken and the whole thing was very scruffy. I chose this one because of its square flat base which I think will be more stable and better than the other type with the more rounded appearance that tended to roll over sometimes especially when you are trying to fill it.
on 6 November 2012
I've got two of these. They are suitable only as a 'distress purchase', but for nothing else: to be bought at a petrol station when you have run out of fuel. Otherwise they are barely fit for purpose, threads on spout and pourer are very poorly cut: the spouts leak and drop petrol. In summmary, these cans are of very poor quality and hardly worth the ~£5 paid
on 11 February 2016
I filled this up for the first time a couple of days ago. Have just been into my cellar to a really strong smell of petrol. No matter how I try to screw the lid on, I can't get a good seal, and if i turn the can to 45 degrees, I get petrol dripping out.

I have had to stop using due to safety.

Shame as other reviews showed it a good. It feels sturdy enough, not not being able to hold petrol / fumes, its unusable.
on 17 May 2014
Have used it once but seems fit for purpose. quick delivery and so far no leaks.
Cap and nozzle screw on without a problem.
Down sides are the sharp edges along the moulding joins and small gap between handle and main body.
Good value at under £4.
on 20 December 2015
Got it for recycling the petrol I'm using to clean some bike parts.
It does the job well but, if for some very funky reason you're buying for everyday use I wouldn't recommend. A bit too rough and the flexible neck too stiff (which might be a good thing as, at least, it stays in the desired shape)
on 22 June 2015
It's been well over twenty years since I bought a petrol can - I always kept one in the car cos I could never afford more than a fiver's worth of petrol! The problem was always a leaky join between the can and the spout - wasting fuel and causing a hazard. So I was completely confident that a new one would have a better connection, now that I need one for my first petrol lawn mower. Not impressed then, to find this one leaks just like the old ones used to, resulting in a small burnt patch on my lawn. Couldn't someone invent something better than this?
on 10 May 2016
Excellent container with good design for holding the filler in place. Green for petrol, black available for diesel. Good price, about half that of Homebase. Holds a gallon. Being made of plastic will not rust of course. 5☆
on 26 October 2014
Good quality. Only drawback is the nozzle is unfinished - this is why only 4 stars. If you wanna use it on an expensive car, I suggest you to cut the excess and use a lighter to burn around (of course BEFORE FIRST USE!!!) to make it smooth and particleless, in order to reduce anything goes into your engine.
on 27 April 2014
It does the job fine, but it does leak from the cap when you are pouring fuel.
I bought it as i had to, I would only use it once so it was just a use and throw away thing, which was good for the price. It did the job i wanted it to do but not to without the leaking issue.
Would I buy this if i needed it permanent and regularly, then no.