4.0 out of 5 stars Makes up in functionality what it lacks in looks
It may not look much, but I'm typing this review on one of these babies (having just finished the one for my own blog) and have found it to be quite usable.

Published on 29 July 2008 by Mr. P. Howard

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor performance and cheap nasty feel
I bought this to replace a fading KeySonic, and was very disappointed.
After plugging in everything seemed fine, but the touchpad makes the mouse stutter around the screen instead of having a nice smooth motion.
(Added to that having the mouse buttons on the left hand side is really annoying although i'm sure you would get used to it.)
Keys are clunky and...
Published on 1 Sep 2009 by Keith Allcock

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes up in functionality what it lacks in looks, 29 July 2008
Mr. P. Howard (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sandberg Wireless Touchpad Keyboard (Electronics)

Looks aside, the only objectionable thing I can find about this keyboard is the noise of the keys; I'm used to the relative silence of the MacBook Pro keyboard. Unlike the similarly curved good-ole Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard the ergonomics of the Sandtech are quite easy and quick to get used to, I don't believe they hold any real benefit however.

The green windows media center button at the bottom middle of the keyboard is practically impossible to hit accidentally, so fear not in that respect!

The trackpad is excellent, it supports two finger scrolling a la Mac OSX, one finger tap to left click and, bizarrely but usefully, three finger right click. It takes a little getting used to, but it's a hell of a lot easier to use than a laser mouse on the arm of a chair. Two finger scrolling isn't as smooth as I would like, but it does the trick.

The left and right mouse buttons, on the left side of the board, are a little nasty but you shouldn't need to use them often. They're intended for thumb use when simply mousing with the keyboard and holding it like an oversized game controller; it works but I'd rather keep it on my lap!

There are a wealth of function buttons, some of which seem to do nothing much in OSX apart from the good-ole volume control and transport controls (play/pause prev/next) which will probably be the only ones you're likely to use anyway!

I can confirm that this keyboard works excellently with the PS3 and trackpad functions such as two finger scrolling, three finger right click and single finger click work alongside, of course, the keyboard itself.

Overall, if you're looking for an HTPC keyboard or an all-in-one wireless keyboard for your PS3 you can't go far wrong with this. It also takes 2xAA batteries instead of 3, something which drives me crazy about the Apple keyboard as my batteries are always charged in pairs or fours and needed in Xbox 360 controllers!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor performance and cheap nasty feel, 1 Sep 2009
Keith Allcock - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sandberg Wireless Touchpad Keyboard (Electronics)
I bought this to replace a fading KeySonic, and was very disappointed.
Keys are clunky and keypresses of multiple keys (Alt+Tab) would fail to be recognised, and then go into a loop.

Stay away from it, Sandberg should be ashamed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beauty with no brains, 24 April 2009
Sunil Goswami (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sandberg Wireless Touchpad Keyboard (Electronics)
The keyboard is lovely. It's not even as bulky as it seems in the pictures. It's long and graceful, and I like the colour scheme.

The setup was smooth and easy and I liked the small USB dongle.

My first beef with this was that they have put the Delete key where the Right Control key should be. I am a touch typist and I hate it when manufacturers do that.

Other than that the funky touchpad worked fine and I overall liked and accepted the keyboard.

Now, to the real stuff. After 2 days it stopped working! No, not completely, just the QWERTY line would not type, which is ironic since it's a QWERTY keyboard. I tried changing batteries, removing distance so it was next to the laptop literally touching the laptop keyboard, re-inserted USB dongle, restarted the computer, restarted the keyboard (on-off), plugged it into another laptop, clicked the ID button...everything I could think of.

Then, after a day of experimentation, it was reunited with its packing box and nudged to fly back towards its warehouse. Back to Amazon. Hopefully, I'll get a refund soon.

Next!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool piece of merchandise, 2 Aug 2009
D. C. M. Smart "Freewheelingdom" (Brighton UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sandberg Wireless Touchpad Keyboard (Electronics)
This wireless keyboard is unique. A bit tricky to get used to but has some brill features. Word of warning; you might need another mouse and keyboard to boot into Windows to set it up, especially if you're doing a clean Windows install. I'm running it on dual boot XP pro/64 bit Vista Business and it works fine. Keys are a little sensitive. I touch type and some times I will press an unwanted key by a mistake. Scroll feature is great. Don't like the ergonomic v shape design very much but for the price well worth it.
It's plug and play and needs no drivers, that is okay, but it's a pity you can't reasign shortcut keys. But this is not a huge problem because the extra keys it has do just about everything.
One thing I really liked was the fact that all of the main keys are in the standard position and are the standard size, especially the ENTER key.
Some of the shortcut features don't work on my copy of windows, I think you need Media Centre Operating Systems for these, the green button in front of the space bar for example, this does aboslutely nothing for me. Good point about it is that it doesn't get in the way. All of the media player buttons and internet buttons work a treat. The buttons that don't work are some of the function buttons. My favourite function button that does work though is the close program function. The function arming button stays on until you depress it which is good. This button turns the F buttons into differnent uses. Only button I really miss is a sleep button.
Once setup the keyboard works in dos and will boot into your bios if needed. You sometimes have to press the needed key a few times here though.
I needed this keyboard for a cramped situation and it's perfect. You can turn the keyboard off easily, so whilst away your cat or dog won't set of Metalica full volume by walking on your keyboard.
I've not got much experience with laptops so the touchpad is quite new to me. But if you're used to touchpads then you'll have no problem.
As to the battery life, no problems yet a week on with my regular disposable Duracells and a lot of use. There is a low battery warning light that I am yet to see whether or not works. Hopefully not for a long time.
I work with this wireless keyboard on my lap, am using it now. A brilliant keybaord. Go for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars is good for the price, 26 Jun 2009
Ms. Larissa Zoe Pavitt (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sandberg Wireless Touchpad Keyboard (Electronics)
i recently purchased this item and, it is very good. although someotime the keyboard mouse clicker stick sometimes it is still a good buy.

Sandberg Wireless Touchpad Keyboard