4.0 out of 5 stars optical finger mouse
Published on 1 May 2009 by beanybear

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs user configuration software
Well, this has changed since you first read it. My review was a bit biased so here's what i think after using it for a while.

Here are suggestions:
Get the positioning on your finger right.
The pictures show that it can be used on the index finger or the second finger.
I'd recommend the index finger. Then if you place the finger mouse 'strap'...
Published on 29 Oct. 2010 by D. C. L. Ford

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs user configuration software, 29 Oct. 2010
D. C. L. Ford "Technomancer" (Broadstairs, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: USB 3D optical finger mouse - PC - black 1200 Dpi (Electronics)

Here are suggestions:
Get the positioning on your finger right.
The pictures show that it can be used on the index finger or the second finger.
I'd recommend the index finger. Then if you place the finger mouse 'strap' across
the first knuckle joint, holding your hand flat, the mouse should be 'twisted' to
enable you to reach the buttons and wheel comfortably, (the wheel is the tricky one),
i find about 45 degrees towards the thumb is good for me.

The 'strap' is also an issue.
You need it to hold the device firmly without cutting the blood supply to your finger
off. It's an elastic strap with velcro so it's easy to adjust.

Other than that, it's quite 'fun' and because you can use it on most surfaces it's
versatile.

Hope this helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only good for dragging, dropping and a getting finger cramps, 14 April 2010
Mr. P. Leung (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my laptop due to the 2 reviews I read on Amazon.co.uk being pretty good for this little device.

It is not good, and very badly designed. As you can already see from the picture the mouse fastens to your finger through a velcro strap. Now the to get the mouse hooked on to your finger doesn't require you to fasten the strap tightly but it'll give your finger a cramp after 10 minutes of usage even on the most loose fastening (short of falling right off).

If this wasn't bad enough the positioning of the buttons is terrible, it would have been much better if they had somehow placed the left and right click on the velcro it self Not that its hard to make a left click but you have to put enough pressure on the button that it slightly moves the position of the mouse, this will either cause you to make a drag & drop or highlight some text. Lets say all you will ever need to do is highlight text, this still isn't easy because the mouse pointer will still move to a different position just from your own clicking. If you click it carefully enough you make just make a proper left click, but the whole point of a mouse is to make navigating easer, not some pinpoint arduous task

The inaccurate clicking can be solved by tighten the velcro strap but then this cuts off circulation to your finger so you cannot win either way. I even tried putting it on my middle finger but all to no avail. Look at the image at the top of the page and imagine how uncomfortable it would be to spin the scroll wheel, the motion is very unnatural for the thumb. Another thing I tried was to place it very high on my index finger (like where you would wear a ring) this feels slightly more comfortable but the clicking problem still persists.

Still I didn't give up there. I decided to try and use it like a pen, without slotting my finger through the strap. Still didn't work, clicking problem still there and if you're going to use the mouse like that then you may as well get yourself a real mouse, like a trackball if you have no space to use the more traditional mouses.

I tried to like this product and I tried to get it to work in every way I possibly could. I'm not so disappointed because I only wasted a fiver, but I'm writing this review so you can save yourselves some time and money.

4.0 out of 5 stars optical finger mouse, 1 May 2009
This is fun and easy to use once you get used to it and get the position of it right for you.(this doesn't take long - you get used to it very quickly) It's versatile and I use it on my leg mostly because it's a comfortable position there (that sounds a bit pervy!)- I have my other hand resting on the other leg and this is much better for your posture than just having your right arm up on the desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Design is good and for certain people it'll be fine, 7 Aug. 2014
This is a basic but decent mouse, that does it job, needs a little getting used to but it does what it's supposed to. Design is good and for certain people it'll be fine, while others may find it gimmicky. Overall, its a mouse and it works, even if you need it for emergency only, nice product, i like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars love it, 31 Oct. 2013
love it really easy to use and works perfect don't no what other people are complaining about its exactly what it shows and dose exactly what it says just wish it was wireless but for the price you cant complain i am also going to get a few as gifts for people

2.0 out of 5 stars I find it awkward to use, 16 April 2015
I keep trying to find an easy way to use this. If you use it as pictured it has opposite effects! Left is right and up is down!!! Maybe I'm missing something. But I lent it to my best friend's girlfriend and she could not get to grips with it. Mind you, for the money, if you want to give it a try and you manage to master it, let me know how you "wear" it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 21 April 2015
Let's say first, that you cannot use it as they suggest, strapped to a finger. Don't even go there. HOWEVER, the product has marvellous options for modification. I stuck a plastic tube into the finger strap and I hold that and it's very comfortable to use that way. The buttons could be in a better position, but for £1.50 ish this is a great gadget if you think outside the box a bit. I just ordered 2 more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting idea, works better for browsing and email, so far so good., 26 Dec. 2014
interesting and fun, needs the right surface, desk is not good but trousers or fabric in general seem to work fine. Typing is a bit strange at first but a nice change from the usual mouse. I'll keep swapping with both, for graphic workings it's no replacement but light browsing, emails etc are easier and it allows for a change in position so my back should relax when I'm using this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Finger optlcal mouse, 28 Mar. 2014
Yes, well there is not much you can say about this item. If you have got short stubby fingers then you will find it a bit difficult to use, your thumb can have a problem using the scroll wheel. It's cheep so I suppose it's ok but I tried it on and off over 2 days got cheesed of with it and so reverted back to a normal mouse. Let's say it works and that is it.

4.0 out of 5 stars well its the finger mouse?, 18 May 2012
quite like this...different and fun...and i have to say pretty usefull...and the price is worth while.just plug and play really....take the time to play with it..it is different but is worth trying for just the courage to do something different...and it is not expensive...would make a great gift for the gadget computer fan.