5.0 out of 5 stars Fab product, really pleased
Published on 17 Jan 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great with a flaw
We've had one in frequent use for about 18 months, really good value and works well.

But sooner or later the blue plastic clips will break, I think that they should be stronger, definitely the weak point and spoils an otherwise good product.

Published on 3 May 2010 by Peter Barkas

3.0 out of 5 stars Great with a flaw, 3 May 2010
Peter Barkas - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minky Retractable Outdoor Clothes Line, 30 m (Kitchen & Home)

I repaired mine with a 4x40mm carbine clip (about 90p) from the local hardware store, functional but not elegant.

It appears that the Vileda Cordomatic (shown as currently unavailable on Amazon) may have metal clips, but I have no experience of that product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab product, really pleased, 17 Jan 2010
Really pleased with this product. Was easy enough to put up (by my other half) and is now really sturdy. To start with I wasn't sure the lines looked that strong, but actually they have had some huge loads and a toddler hanging off the clothes and they are fine. I have not had a problem with the lines unhooking themselves from the tabs, I just hook them round a couple of times and they are not going anywhere. Maybe its the way we are hooking though. I pull some excess from the reel and then use that to hook it round and let it take up the slack again, so any pull on the already extended line just tightens it further. I also like the fact that when the washing is dry is just winds back into the unit rather than having a line or rotary airer always there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Minky Retractable Clothes line (30M), 9 Mar 2012
Rod (Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
I can't dissagree more with the 1 star ratings, I am using this line - both of the 15M lengths are extracted about 12m and 13m respectively.

I have had more than a fair amount of washing on each line, including duvets and heavy clothes items, and the line does dip a little but has never snapped, drooped, doropped or come lose. I am also not helping the line up with any proping tools, the line is free and only held up by the 4 screws that hold the main unit and each of the hooks for the retractable fixing. I have each line wrapped around the plastic retensions only once each.

For those that have had issues, have you tried contacting Minky and seeing if they have a return/replace policy, i am pretty sure they would be more than happy to help.

For those interested in this though i would recommend it and i would buy again if i needed to, perhaps as an additional line.

For the person who had issues with duvets, have you tried using both lines to hold the duvet, have them slightly apart and put the duvet over both to help support the weight? I dont know what size duvet you are referring to but this would certainly help.

My lines are about 12" - 16" apart (from the unit to the other end where the hooks are) so throwing heavier items over the 2 would help balance any weight issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great washing line, 15 Nov 2009
What a good buy this was. Is so neat and tidy and double the length for those big washing days. Now all I need is a little sunshine!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and Great Design, 25 Mar 2012
AlexKrycek "I Believe..." (Sheffield - England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought this item as I needed to have a little more line for my washing. Great product, well designed and I think will last for years to come. Well worth the money.

The great thing about this line is that within the box, you have all the items you need to get you up and running straight away. There are four plugs and four screws to attach the bracket to the wall, and you have two hooks to put at the other end to attach the lines. It even tells you on the packet what size the drill bit is to make the holes (8mm).

The only point I would make is that when I used the screws and plugs, having used the line for the first time, the bracket did come loose. Now, it may well be that I did not secure the bracket in such a way to prevent this, but having used some longer screws, the bracket is now secure to the wall and I have had no problems since.

Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 19 Dec 2012
Very disappointed with this product, both blue end pieces broken off after using only half a dozen times. Very poor design. Not impressed?

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product, 24 July 2014
We have had this a few months now and can feedback that this is a poor product and that we would not recommend anyone buy this. The plastic wrap-around feet (bottom of the picture) snap off easily and the actual line is flexible - it bends when washing is hung on it so you don't get a taut washing line.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very weak., 27 Aug 2010
B. Berry "Bezz" (England) - See all my reviews
Far too weak. Only pulling it out about 6m and it flops immediately. Had to use two props to keep the washing off the floor. Can't imagine how rubbish it would be over the full length of the line.

1.0 out of 5 stars just does not retract properly., 24 April 2014
At first I thought I had received a faulty washing line as the reviews were very good so I sent it back and received another one. (the postage was nearly the cost of the washing line) This after pulling out the lines wouldn't retract properly either (one not at all) and at best the lines are very limp. (unlike my old retractable washing line which looks very similar). my advice is before installing the metal bracket on the wall, like I did, pull out your lines and see if they retract properly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 1 Aug 2009
K. Brannan - See all my reviews
Having been excited at the prospect of twice the length of washing line that had previously been available, I was quickly frustrated trying to put it up.
I then found that any meaningful amount of washing on the line resulted in the line unhooking itself from the plastic hook, so the line unwound - dropping the washing all over the garden. This happened repeatedly no matter how I secured the line around the hook.
I am now giving up with this line and won't be buying another by Minky.