TOP 100 REVIEWERon 24 March 2014
This is an extremely large oven glove. The silicon stretches about 285mm from the tip of the glove to the cuff, with another 95mm of black material beyond that. Therefore it covers most of your forearm nearly up to your elbow, which I'm sure will protect against almost all possible steam inflicted burns. The silicon material is extremely heat resistant. You can take something extremely hot out of the oven and stand holding it indefinitely without being burned. I've had other oven gloves that wouldn't even given two seconds of protection.

The main problem with this glove is if you just buy one, it is going to be very awkward to take a heavy cast iron casserole out of the oven with just one hand. In my opinion, a much better option is to buy Master Class Double Oven Glove RED, Silicone instead, which is made by the same company from the same materials but covers both hands. If all you need is an oven glove to cover one hand, this one is ideal.
As a new convert to silicone muffin pans and bread pans I was quite anxious to try these silicone oven mitts. They arrived very well packaged, encased in a plastic case. Very attractive red at first glance and hard to miss.

I have long thin fingers, piano playing fingers I have always been told. These were a perfect fit, even some wiggle room at the tips. They are silicone outside and comfortable cotton inside. I can move my fingers very well. A brush baster was also a part of this package. I was making a new cheesy zucchini casserole, and this was the perfect time to test these mitts. The oven temp was 425 degrees, very hot. At the end of baking time, I pulled on the mitts, opened the oven door, hot air blasting, and placed my hands around the very hot casserole dish. I took the casserole out of the oven, and placed it on a mat on the counter. The mitts worked very well, no heat was able to get through, the mitts were not slippery on the casserole dish, and I was convinced that these mitts were very efficient.

I had purchased a new bright red mixer and these mitts match perfectly. It seems the mitts were destined for my kitchen. My son-in-law is a barbecue fan, and I will lend him these mitts to try at our next meal.

Price is right, mitts are comfortable,work with very hot kitchen pans and dishes, and the color is a clincher. Product was provided for review.

Recommended. prisrob 07-02-14
on 14 August 2013
I have always avoided purchasing oven gloves, as when I have used them in the past, I have found the heat still comes through. I was sceptical about this glove, and only bought it for my husband to use when turning the metal kebab sticks on the bbq as he burnt himself previously. He found the process of taking it on and off when alternating between tongs for flipping steaks/burgers etc too much hassle though as they are large and the excess material made it difficult for him to grip other utensils when wearing them.
I however, have used it non stop for loading and removing all manner of items in the oven. I can't get over how thin they feel, yet don't let any heat through!
on 1 May 2014
They are easy to maintain but not sure can deal with as much heat as other gloves. If carrying anything you can feel the heat coming through the glove and a safe area to place the pot needs to be nearby.
They do cover you hand and fore-arm well and can grip easily.
on 29 September 2011
This item is very good and is the best oven glove I've owned. However I was expecting heat resistance, but after holding an oven dish I can still feel the heat coming through after a few seconds. It lasts much longer than a "traditional" oven glove, but my expectations were not met hence the 3 stars.
on 1 September 2010
Really nice, flexible glove, easy to grip and non-slip. Completely protects from the heat. The gloves are long so stop you from burning your arm on the side of the oven or shelf etc. I have tiny hands and find them great to use but they are big enough for my hubby to get his hand and arm in. Would recommend them.
on 13 February 2010
It might look a bit cumbersome but it gives a good sensitive touch. Well worth the price.
on 22 December 2011
I bought these feeling slightly wary of what hubbie would make of them - he does most of the cooking. However, he says they are really great - they block the heat, grip the trays, and are a generous fit. I add that they can also be wiped clean.

Unlike it appears from the picture, these gloves actually have a long arm sleeve which covers at least half of the lower arm. Ours are red in colour.

These gloves are about function over looks - and when they are so head over heels more functional than cloth oven gloves, who cares about looks. Hence 5 stars.
on 24 February 2014
Kitchen Craft Master Class Silicone Oven Glove. I like the idea these protect from burning right the way up the arm. The thumb which is moulded a bit too thick for my use gets stuck on the oven door as I open it, but I just grip the glove harder, just a case of getting used to it I guess, I like to use these I get a pair, when going to the back of the oven or getting heavy wet or dripping pans from the oven.

Take care
mrbluenun
on 2 July 2013
I needed a new pair of oven gloves and wasn't quite sure what I wanted, so looked at the reviews that others had made. I cook a lot of breads and pizza which require the oven to be at it's hottest temperature and so wanted gloves that would protect my hands from the heat. I previously owned a cloth set of gloves that were not joined together and felt that for me this was the best configuration. However, although well padded the previous set of gloves did start to let some heat through, which as they were nearing the end of their life got worse. I therefore started to look at what was on offer in silicone protective gloves and eventually decided to purchase two gloves as I liked the freedom this gave me.

These gloves are excellent because they are very long on me - coming almost to my elbows - so protect my arms when reaching to the far back of the oven. So far they haven't let any heat through to my hands, even when the oven is working at 300 degrees C. They also have super grip and are large enough for my husband to be able to use as well (he has very large hands).

I would recommend this glove to any cook that wants full protection from high oven heat and a firm grip.