This Gym Ball is simple and effective for a wide range of exercises. I use mine for stomach, back and leg exercises, as well as using it instead of an office chair to improve my core stability whilst on my computer. It is easy to inflate and all you need is a foot pump (like you use on your car) and a slim adaptor that most pumps comes with these days. This feels stable to use and is the most recommended size at 65cm. It is hard to achieve the full 65cm size, but with perseverance and a lot of pumping you can get very close to this, alternatively you can always put it in the back of your car and go to a garage or use an electric pump that are now widely available. There are numerous DVD's and books of exercise programs (as well as websites with information) to go with a gym ball and I recommend you use one of these so you can get the most out of your ball. They are simple to use and can be extremely effective. This is well worth considering for your home exercise regime.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 3 March 2010
Finding it hard to believe the other reviews which complained about the lack of a pump, if you wanna pay twice the price for a ball with a pump then go ahead.

I inflated the ball with my own 'inbuilt' pump of lungs and mouth in about 5/10 minutes, put the stopper in and I'm away.

No complaints, functions exactly as a gym ball should for just about the lowest price out there
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this ball to use whilst pregnant as the midwife suggested bouncing on a gym ball to help bring the babies head lower into the cervix. I was a bit worried about using it at first with my considerable extra baby weight but this ball took the weight much to my surprise! Despite bouncing on it like a mad woman though towards the end of my pregnancy, baby had other ideas about arriving and came 10 days late in the end but on my checks with the midwife baby was low in my cervix and in a good position for the weeks before and so I can only assume the ball helped. I've packed it away in case we decide to have another and will definitely be bringing it out to bounce on again if that happens:)
on 1 February 2013
Bought for pregnant partner, have had no complaints so far. Only downside is that this ball is the smaller variety, so when you sit on it your hips end up lower down than your knees, something which isn't ideal when pregnant, midwives say you want the bigger ball on which you end up with hips higher, better posture etc. This is not the balls fault though, if we'd known we would have just bought the larger size. Is fine for light pregnant exercise though, and even could be used for general workouts and stretching.

Also, I feel slightly embarrassed for the people moaning about the lack of a pump with the product, etc. I blew this ball up to full size, using only my mouth and lungs, in about 5 minutes. Just like blowing up a big balloon, no pump, no 'adaptors', no 'valves' necessary. Why overcomplicate things? It arrives as a flat ball, with an air hole, and a plug to stick in the hole once you're happy with the firmness and size you have blown it up to.
on 12 July 2009
I am really pleased with this ball, as I wanted to get an anti-burst one for adding into my Pilates programme, so that I could feel more confident when working out intensely without the fear of getting injured in case of a puncture. This one appealed as if it does get pierced, it will deflate slowly.

The price is great, it's easy to pump up (I used a foot pump with a football type nozzle) and the colour is very calming, which is an added benefit when working out - I didn't want boring black or anything too bright and this lavender is very appealing.

It's the perfect size too if you happen to be 5ft 2!
on 20 March 2010
This exercise ball feels really strong, and is slightly textured so it's not too slippy. I have slid off exercise balls before!
My only problem is that it's such a lovely colour that my daughters want to sit on it all the time!
A really good quality exercise ball!
on 4 January 2013
make sure you have a pump adapter before you purchase this item. or build one with a starbucks straw & duct tape. i am very surprised to read that people can inflate this with their lungs.... all in all, very unpractical - it should be clearly stated in the description

bought it as an office chair, thinking the 65 cm would be a good height & based on other reviews, but unless you have a very low table it is way too short.

will be returning. would not recommend.
on 30 December 2012
Takes longer than it looks to pump up and thankfully I had the right pump to hand... you can't use an ordinary bicycle pump. And don't be fooled by the noddy looking value stopper, it works a treat. I've had the ball for 2 months and it's not lost any air.
I would have given 5 stars if the description was more specific/helpful/honest about the pump and value requirements, eg requires air bed pump, or something of a similiar ilk.
on 27 December 2010
Arrived as described. No pump supplied (though none specified in description). I used a foot pump to inflate to size - it initially appears to be a little smaller than advertised 65CM but once inflated to a decent pressure its fine. From what I can gather the adaptor need to inflate the ball is a fairly common one - if you have a track or foot pump already I'd imagine you have the right adaptor.

No complaints so five stars.
on 9 May 2011
Lots of the reviews below seem to focus on the fact that there is no pump and/or the ball was delivered late.
I can't comment on that (my ball arrived on time, with a pump) but in terms of what it actually DOES, it's excellent.
I sit on mine in the office, rather than using a chair, and the effect on my back has been remarkable. Try it if you're a sufferer...