5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
This animation is incredible. My little boy adores it and tells anyone and everyone about it. I am a massive fan of Oliver Jeffers' books, from one of which this animation is based upon, and therefore I was apprehensive on my first viewing. My concerns melted away within seconds, the animation is breathtaking, and the narration and music complement it beautifully. If you...
Published on 14 April 2009 by Little Miss

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but be warned... it's short
I picked up this title to try to keep the kids quiet for an hour while I got some work done. The box states that running time is approx 50 mins. However, be warned that the running time of the actual feature is 24 minutes 2 seconds! My 3 year old isn't very interested in 'the making of' which must be included in the running time stated - a bit odd really...
Published on 28 April 2009 by Doc Snipe

‹ Previous | 110 11 1229 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 19 May 2009
Phurst - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
A simple story well told and beautifully made that captures the heart of even an old cynic. We stumbled on this over Christmas and were captivated by it. Something to watch time and time again to lift your spirits however young or old you are.

5.0 out of 5 stars A story about a beautiful friendship between a boy and a penguin...., 2 April 2010
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
Beautiful animation... My daughters(4+2) and I have watch this over and over... and you will never get tired of it... the mellow narration and the beautiful soundtrack accompanies the animation just beautifully.....

5.0 out of 5 stars One to keep!, 4 April 2010
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
Having read the book (a few million times with my youngest!) I was interested to see this - and it is charming! Captures the feel of the book brilliantly and was loved by all generations of the family!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderfull story, 5 Feb 2010
J. Spurr - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my grandaughter and she loves it she has it on every night as she goes to sleep she particularly likes the bit where the giant octopus appears it realy is a wonderfull story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Animation For Young Children, 24 Dec 2008
DL Productions UK (Merseyside, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
Having just seen this, being an animation fan - I felt I had to write about it. It's amazing computerised animation is wonderful, and the storyline is sentimental.

A young boy opens his door to find a penguin at his doorstep. He's not really happy about him being there, so he desperately looks to have him taken away. He tried to put him on a boat, but the ship has sailed away. The only way he can is by going it alone, just him, the penguin, a rowing boat and some food.

This is a delightful tale of a young boy's journey to the North Pole to take a penguin back, with some very sentimental moments, and shows youngsters how a friendship can develop unexpectedly. The animation is smooth and an absolute delight - with beautiful colours swishing on and off screen, with beautiful narrative perfect for young children (I would say 4-8 year olds will love this). It's also good fun for all the family, and has a great underlying message.

Definitely worth a rent - and hopefully will have fun and exciting extras.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerising, 17 Jun 2010
D. Rowland (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
This was bought for christmas for our 2 1/2 year old who loves Oliver Jeffers' books and it didn't disappoint. He absolutely loves it and so do I. The animation is just stunning and the music and narration are so peaceful and calming that I never tire of it (and it gets played a LOT). The story is very touching and on first seeing it, our son was visibly moved by the heartwarming ending (I may have wiped a small tear away myself). This is by far the best animation that I have seen and I'll be buying copies for everyone I can think of. Incidentally, I think a running time of 25 minutes or so is just perfect for this story. The book itself is short and simple and this is in keeping. And it doesn't seem to bother our son, because when it finishes he just presses play and watches it all over again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Worth the cost of inter-continental shipping!, 23 Jun 2009
T. Haight (Sterling, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
A boy and a penguin. Just watch it, I can't explain it. Magnificent. It made me feel like a child again believing in all the good things in the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous DVD, 31 May 2009
M. Mac Shane (Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD for my children as we love the authors books - the DVD is a delight for adults and children - thoroughly happy with the purchase :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply, 5 Stars, 12 Feb 2010
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
This really doses the book Proud.I would put it up there with anything Pixar has made.Its is only around half an hour long so buy it on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original, 28 Jan 2010
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
The story is simple but fascinating.
And Characters are so cute.
I also have the original picture book, but I prefer this one.

‹ Previous | 110 11 1229 | Next ›

Lost and Found [DVD]
Lost and Found [DVD] by Philip Hunt (DVD - 2009)