5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
Published on 14 April 2009 by Little Miss

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but be warned... it's short
I picked up this title to try to keep the kids quiet for an hour while I got some work done. The box states that running time is approx 50 mins. However, be warned that the running time of the actual feature is 24 minutes 2 seconds! My 3 year old isn't very interested in 'the making of' which must be included in the running time stated - a bit odd really...
Published on 28 April 2009 by Doc Snipe

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 14 April 2009
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
This animation is incredible. My little boy adores it and tells anyone and everyone about it. I am a massive fan of Oliver Jeffers' books, from one of which this animation is based upon, and therefore I was apprehensive on my first viewing. My concerns melted away within seconds, the animation is breathtaking, and the narration and music complement it beautifully. If you are to buy one dvd this year, make it this one. I promise you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars sublime, 13 April 2009
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
I have just watched this completely by accident on televsion, it came on and I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. I have come straight on here to buy it. The animation is absolutely wonderful, the story is warm and fuzzy, a nice tonic for my cynicism! I highly recommend this for all ages, im 25 and I found it spellbinding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 23 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant. I loved it! My wife loved it! My grown up children loved it! My Grandchildren loved it! And it's just the right length to hold attention. A beautiful little gem!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, cute, and faithful to the book., 29 May 2009
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
Oliver Jeffers' Lost and Found is my favourite childrens book. Not just because of the story - but because of the beautiful illustrations which manage to capture the emotive scenes perfectly. He has such a unique style that when I heard they were creating a CGI short film adaptation of the book I was disappointed. With such stylistic artwork, 'Lost and Found' is one of the least likely candidates for a successful translation to film. So I was blown away when I watched the DVD and realised that not only had they managed it, but they'd achieved it beautifully without losing any of the magic of the book.

The story tells of a penguin who appears on the doorstep of a boy who then attempts to return it to the South Pole. Every creative device has been used to inject both characters with emotion, they are incredibly cute and there are little moments of pure brilliance (the scene where the penguin shuffles up to the boy in the bus shelter is fantastic).

The book itself is very short, it's a five minute read but the director is a fan of the book and worked with both Oliver Jeffers and his brother to work out the new and extended scenes to create a film which is around half an hour long. This is all explained in the 'making of' featurette. You get a sense of the dedication of the team to ensure that the film was made as faithfully to the book as possible.

In a nutshell: The animation is top notch and Jeffers' artistic style has inspired a beautiful short film which can be enjoyed by anyone. It is slow paced but it still manages a good 'rewatch' value, and what is my favourite childrens book is now one of my favourite family films. As well as the original book, a longer version using images from the film is also available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep to your heart!!!, 18 Oct. 2009
B. raimonda "raimonda" (padova, italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
I write from italy. I, my housband and our little son are falling in love with this little boy and the tiny penguin.
The deep story, the soundtrack and the picture are touching .... there are no words to describe!!!
Thanks to the author and all the staff for this wonderful gift!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming, engaging childrens entertainment for 4 to 6 yrd olds, 13 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
My 4 year old son has watched this on numerous occasions and still enjoys it. He also watches Dumbo, Bolt, Bambi and Pingu over and over to give you an idea of his interests. This 3D animated story seems to have a calming effect. Beautiful animation, relaxing and pleasant musical soundtrack, with a simple but engaging and positive storyline subtly/subliminally(?) about assumptions, judgement, loneliness and ultimately friendship.

5.0 out of 5 stars the sweetest story and animation ever!, 6 Oct. 2010
Helen Martin "Hels Bels" (Farnborough, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
This story is so lovely and the animation is just brilliant! We all love it from my almost 3 year old niece to my 18 year old son. Also the the aunties, cousins and grandparents love it, so it suits all ages although I guess it helps to have a little person to watch it with!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 1 July 2009
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
My whole family watched it together and we loved it! The images are so lush and rich and the story itself was heartwarming. I cried watching it and so did my friends who i lent it to. I'm a fan of the book and am really pleased at how it was portrayed in this film. Loved every bit of it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Calm and beautifully paced..., 7 Nov. 2009
S. M. Belgrove (Brighton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
Wonderful story beautifully told, amazing animation creating a calm and relaxed atmosphere. I love pixar films but this is in a class of its own.

5.0 out of 5 stars DELIGHTFUL!, 1 April 2010
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
We have an adored collection of Oliver Jeffers books and I decided to take a risk with the dvd (not often being a fan of books turned into films). I have to say honestly however that this film is stunning! It left my 4 year old in tears, the first time he's ever really shown any real emotion to stories. He was broken hearted when the boy and the penguin said goodbye and then cried buckets with happiness when they found each other again and cuddled. The graphics are perfect and are accompanied by gorgeous music. The pace of the film is just right for young children and of course the makers couldn't have chosen a better narrator than Jim Broadbent. I would love them to do the same with the other Jeffers books, this really brings to life an already delightful book. Although not a review option, I'm going with 6 stars!!

Lost and Found [DVD]
Lost and Found [DVD] by Philip Hunt (DVD - 2009)