4.0 out of 5 stars Cooking Success!, 25 Mar 2012
This review is from: Beka Tagine 28cm / 2.3L (Kitchen & Home)
This tagine has a modern,sylish appearance combined with a practical ceramic lid which is easy to remove when hot and not too heavy to handle.The base sits happily on ny ceramic hob and has not stratched it, though I am careful to lift it off and not drag it. It too, is not excessively weighty, despite being cast iron. Both components wash easily by hand.I have now cooked several Moroccan dishes very successfully with it,and it can be used for a variety of slow cook recipes as well. It has none of the disadvantages of pottery tagines, some which have heavy lids which are difficult to handle when hot, and which shatter easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beka Cast Iron Tagine, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Beka Tagine 28cm / 2.3L (Kitchen & Home)
I ordered this as wanted a cast iron tagine as opposed to a ceramic one as I use an electric cooker. This arrived in good time beautifully packed. I had a recipe which was for stove top cooking, as opposed to cooking in the over, which I used almost immediately. Wonderful. The only downside is, I suppose, was that I was a little disappointed that the cast iron base is internally more rough than I was expecting. However, once I seasoned the base prior to cooking, have never looked back. It is heavy being cast iron/ however, not that bad; and the glazed top is light, so with the "handles" makes the whole thing easy to carry. I now wonder how I ever did without it a it is so versatile.

ARRAY(0xaa0b11bc)