Format: DVD|Change

on 3 February 2009
I have the previous seasons from Amazon US and there is a noticeable drop in picture quality and sound quality of the UK transfer compared to the US one. I don't know what is going on with that. There are no subtitles as well which I prefer for late night viewing to keep the volume down. It just seems that this is more or less a cost-cutting type job done. The Series is excellent but this poorly transferred Season 5 leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I don't recommend buying the UK/European transfers of Las Vegas as I personally feel that the US transfer is better on the video and audio side.

The season is good and starts to pick up with good momentum. Too bad that Universal seems to have pulled the plug on this very entertaining series despite "to be continued" in the Season Finale. I strongly feel that this Series has the right ingredients to last for another 3 seasons at the very least. The writer's strike hurt it a lot last season as this season lacks the continuity of the previous seasons but as mentioned previously, it starts to pick up nicely after half the episodes. I will miss Las Vegas for sure and I won't be the only one.
on 30 October 2008
I really enjoyed the last season of Las Vegas it was just as good as the others. There are definetly better things on tv but nothing as entertaining and feel good as this. If you like easy to follow shows with likeable characters and fun, enjoyable storylines then this is a great show to watch. Tom Selleck is great to watch in a role that basically replaces Ed. This is the last season as the show has been cancelled now. I think it was right to end the show whilst it was still good, alot of shows carry on way past the point they should have done. The only thing that really sucks is that they've cancelled it on a cliff hanger and left loads of un answered questions. Which is annoying because althought there are alot of unanswered questions they could easily be wraped up in a feature length episode and give the show a really good ending.
on 1 July 2008
This will be the last season of Las Vegas. Also it ends with a cliff hanging '...to be continued, as NBC in the us cancelled the show before they had finished filming the three epiosdes left. so you will never find out how it really was to end. Sky One have dropped it and will not be showing this season at all. It really was one of the best show on t.V, and with the cliffhanger of 'who did it' from season four to be resolved you just gotta get it, or you will never know who did.
on 1 December 2008
Well i have watched Las vegas since it first started at first it took me a while to get in to it but after my initial doubts i simply couldnt get enough of this series, so when each season ended i wished for another season top follow and they did. This however is Las Vegas's last season (although there is a slight possibilty they may continue if NBC realize the mistake they made pulling it or they allow another network to buy it from) although this is unlikley i hold some hope that las vegas will grace the screen once more.

Well in all the season is fantastic Tom Selleck will never be what James Caan was but he does a superb job as Casino owner and by the end you would think he had had the role all along. The storylines are as good as the early episodes on Vegas have alot of continuity. My own flaw of this (not enough to lower the star rating) is the fact that the season was supposed to have at least 2 more episodes to in effect this season ends on a cliff hanger.

Overall fantastic as usual!
on 20 August 2009
So glad to have been able to buy Season 5 at Amazon, not been released in Australia yet due to the fact that not all episodes have been seen on TV here. Always thoroughly enjoyed Las Vegas, a very enteraining and lively show. Really disappointed it has been cancelled and why oh why did they leave us with a cliffhanger!!! words fail me, a terrible ending to a nice story.
We've watched all five series now and really enjoyed it all. It's such a shame that it's now finished, as it was a lovely, bright, happy and amusing show. Despite it basically being single-episode shows, we tended to go down the "just one more" route, as it was so darned enjoyable and addictive.

This season saw Tom Selleck come in to replace Ed, and I was very pleasantly surprised by his character and performance. I preferred him to Ed and would have liked to have known more about him. Similarly, the lively Piper replaced the lip-quivering misery Mary, who went right down in my estimation over the life of the show.

One character worth a mention is Polly, who is so uttely shameless and amusing about her "personal" life. She made us laugh every time she was on screen.

We're genuinely sorry to see it's over, as it was a show with something for everyone.
on 19 August 2014
Love the Las Vegas series - so much that, after renting them, I decided that I just had to own the set. I already had seasons 1-3, so I needed to buy seasons 4 and 5. This Season came well-packaged, with a solid box containing all discs, and the videos are of great quality. Viewed all discs and had no problems whatsoever. Highly recommended!
on 28 June 2009
Las Vegas has been a great series which was, unfortunately, cancelled in 2008. This final series started very fast and ended very fast, leaving us hanging on, wondering how it all ended! Great fun but a little disappointing at the end.
on 8 December 2013
Now my life is complete! - I have the last 4 Seasons - and this has been the last one in the series - love this series - so entertaining - so AMERICAN!! LOLS
on 6 January 2013
I'm a massive fan, I couldn't not buy the DVDs.

I highly recommend this if you haven't seen it before.