on 28 November 2009
Having owned this game for about 6 months now (and owning the PC version), the fact that I am still playing it is very surprising - usually I'd having finished it or got so irritated with it I would have traded it in! It is your classis match 3 - the other reviewers are correct in saying the storyline is laughable, it's just a poor attempt to try and link the jewelboards.
Effectively the boards change shape slightly every time you move a level, and you play the same levels repeatedly, but with a higher difficulty setting as you progess through another 'chapter' in the story. Sounds very boring, but it is addictive!! The plus point is it's an easy game to put down when you get bored or frustrated, and then pick up a few days or even weeks later to try again. I will plug at it unitl I'm finished it, and it will propably stay in my collection as it does have a lot of replay value.
on 27 March 2009
Addictive for a bit - but then can be a bit repetitive after a while.
on 29 November 2010
This game is the most addictive I've played in a long time. My housework is going to pot!! "Just one more level" as all I can hear myself saying!
You have to line up 3 matching colours to clear that space, doesn't sound very exciting but once you've started you feel compelled to finish that level. The levels start of fairly easy, to lull you into a false sense of intellect. Then you get the toughies. Once you can clear the easier ones you then need to clear the spaces twice in one go. With added obstacles like the 'warrior' which if you get 3 of these in a row those spaces have to be re-done.
There are a few different versions of this game. But this is by far the BEST.
on 29 June 2010
So much has already been written about this, but I wanted to add my two pence worth! The gameplay is very simple so anyone of just about any age can play. However, the gameplay is very tactical so it suits slightly older children up to adults such as myself. Very young children may be bored by it as there's not much by way of animation or voice acting. If you want to kill 15 minutes, you'd be hard pressed to find a better diversion. More fun than say Dr Kawashima, but I personally didn't find it as addicting as some games. It was [and still continues to be] great fun though.
VINE VOICEon 19 August 2010
I haven't found much to recommend this game. The storyline is so interruptive to playing the various levels, and is absolute rubbish. Whoever compiled the storyline should be shot. It would be useful if they had a knowledge of English, as the grammar and style of language is appalling. I just kept skipping the storyline as it had no relevance to the game whatsoever. I almost feel embarrassed for whoever compiled it, as they certainly do not speak English. There is a complete disconnection with the game, so for me this is a thumbs down.
on 30 January 2011
very entertaining game suitable for all ages. as an epileptic i also found that i could play it without too many flashing images
on 12 January 2009
Enjoyed this game, very addictive but a bit disappointing after playing it on the PC! The games do tend to be a bit repetitive but still good fun. Big disappointment was the way it finishes! It doesnt tell you that you have completed it, I was waiting to move on to what I thought was the next level & the credits started to roll so I went back & did the last level again in case I had made a mistake, but no! That was it! (Unless anyone can tell me different???)
on 28 October 2008
Brilliant game - if you like jewel macthing puzzles then you'll love this! Loads of boards to solve, so will keep you going for ages.
very addictive!
on 30 March 2010
I love puzzles and games like this, I was not dissapointed, I could play this for hours - if I'm not too carefull!
on 3 October 2009
Found this item very addictive working through the search for jewels. Our visiting daughter tried it and it immediately became her "I must have item " (She now does!!!) The Professor Layton "Curious Village" is also very good including several puzzles in the story - so much so we have now bought "Professor Layton and Pandoras box". However not started that one yet - the neglected house is in need of a dusting!!!