on 7 February 2011
I had a problem with my 2003 VW Passatt 1.9tdi. Both ABS and Traction Control lights were on. From researching on the web I narrowed the fault down to a wheel sensor but had no way of knowing which one it might be. When I received this unit I connected it up and immediately read the fault code for Right Hand Front wheel sensor. Cleared the fault code and re-checked. Fault still remained so I knew it was a genuine fault. I can now source the correct sensor and replace for a fraction of the cost of sending to a Dealer / garage to carry out diagnostices and fit a new sensor. I also recently had a flat battery on my car and I was able to reset associated fault codes for this. Genuinely a good product, compact and easy to use. Codes are easy to read and as said before if they are not in the book then they are easy to source on the web. It will be keeping a place in my glovebox from now on!!
on 7 July 2009
This item saved me pounds in diagnostic check charge .
Very easy to use

Negative point ( only slight )
Not all codes are listed in the book provided
A quick internet search found the answer to my fault code that was not listed
on 7 June 2012
I received this scanner and straight away plugged it into my Skoda Octavia,it came up with 3 faults that were causing it to run badly,i now know its going to be a cheap fix..this scanner is well worth the £22 i paid for piece of mind...well worth having
on 11 May 2016
I bought this item hoping it would save me the cost of having to go to a mechanic and pay for them to read the error code on my car before they had even carried out any proper work. It cost me £25 at a local garage and then a further £60 at the Seat dealership as "they had to confirm the fault I had given them was correct". So I was looking forward to getting this and saving some money. Unfortunately the item did not do as described and would only display "ERR" to every option.

I have a Seat Ibiza (59 plate) so could just be the vehicle type but the description of the items states "SEAT, Volkswagon, Audi" etc etc, so there should be no problem. When I asked the seller if it was compatible with my car, a full refund was offered. To me, this suggests they aren't being fully truthful with the description.

The unit was made from a cheap plastic and VERY lightweight. It felt as though there was nothing to it other than the plastic case...

The menus were quite easy to navigate but every choice returned an ERR reading so I could not give anymore detail on this.

The instruction manual wasn't too bad but did seem to miss out a step, though it was still pretty obvious what you needed to do.

My advice is that you probably get what you pay for with these things. Look for something from a reputable manufacturer (which will probably be a little more expensive) and save yourself two lots of postage costs, as you will most likely have to return this item at some point.

It took a while for the seller to get back to me when I had an issue initially but once first contact was made, response was almost immediate to subsequent questions. Seller was polite and offered a replacement or full refund for the item.

Delivered quite slowly but was during the estimated timeframe so no real problem there.
on 24 August 2009
I bought the U281 to check the codes on my VW Polo TDi (2000 model) and can confirm it works fine!
It's a lot more convenient than a Laptop and USB or Serial cable, and is small enough to keep in the boot so I can have it to hand when I'm trying to catch that pesky intermittent electrical fault I have.

All in all a handy little gadget.
on 22 March 2010
An excellent piece of kit for the price. It's simple to use with the operation more or less intuative. The instruction book is adequate although it does not contain an exhaustive list of fault codes. This is not a problem as the codes it does not contain are available on the internet. I use mine on my Ford Galaxy as the diesel engine version uses VAG codes.
on 15 August 2015
This product claims to work on all VW/Audi models (except vans). It does not work on my VW Jetta. I just keep getting linking error!. Typical made in China shoddy goods. Also when I received this "new" product the plastic packaging had clearly been opened and restapled suggesting this is not a new product - maybe another customer returned the product for the same reason.
on 16 February 2016
Had the airbag light appear on my Golf mk5 R32 after new key programmed by local specialist. This device read and reset the fault code. I believe that the key programming device must have caused a miscommunication between the instrument cluster and the airbag system somehow, thus the error and the purchase of this device!
on 8 September 2010
My 2002 MK 4 golf 130 tdi had an airbag fault light on (which is an mot fail).
Bought this , which arrived in 2 days , and it reset the fault and the light on the dashboard went out.
Easy to use and well worth the money in my opinion.
on 30 May 2011
Bought this for my mk5 golf as whenever i put my car in for a service the dealer seems to then spend half an hour going through the codes they have come across during the service and then trying to get me to part with cash for what are pretty non essential repairs.

Very easy to use with clear instructions and at the moment my ecu is showing no codes. Will check prior to putting my car in for its next service and will be interested to see if I concur with the main dealer findings.