Size: 3 Piece Set|Colour: Silver|Change

on 3 October 2010
I'd never heard of the Judge brand before buying a set. The reviews were good beforehand so I decided to heed the advice. I'm no pan expert but these are solidly built and feel that they will last a long time. They seem to conduct heat well and are up to temperature quickly and evenly. The lids have an extended neck with drainage holes - these seem like a bit of a gimmick but work well. The only downside is that the design of the lids means that you cannot store one saucepan upon another.
I've owned these pans for well over a year now and am very pleased with them. They feel solid and weighty, but not overly so. The lids are clear so you can easily see what is going on inside and the lid drain holes also release the steam very well but I actually prefer to use a colander for emptying. The bottom is thick steel with the logo embossed on them which looks quite stylish. You can twist the lids around for the different sized holes, or none at all even, when cooking. The pans clean up well, stack easily and generally have a good quality feel about them. You can get a non-stick milk and frying pan to complete the set also.

At around sixty pounds, these are a good buy.
on 3 December 2011
I never thought I'd find myself reviewing saucepans but these are so good I just feel I have to tell others.

I bought my first Judge saucepans a couple of years ago because of the self-draining lids, having had a few narrow escapes when lids on previous pans slipped as I was holding them at an angle to the rim to drain out the boiling water. Not only do the self-draining lids work really well - greatly reducing the accident risk as you simply hold them in their fitted position to drain liquids - but of course you can also position the lids while food is cooking to allow steam to escape, reducing the risk of things boiling over.

I did think that to get these lids there might be some compromise on overall quality but after a good deal of use the pans look nearly as good as new and I'm sure they have many years of life left. I've now bought a couple for my elderly mother, to help her cope with cooking as her hands get more arthritic.
on 13 February 2009
I have recently replaced all my pans with this Judge panset and am delighted with them. The lids are clear, allowing you to see if the pan boils dry. There are two sets of drain holes, one large, one small, allowing you to drain veg without taking off the lid. Also you can rotate the lid to allow steam to escape when cooking or not, as you wish. They are a good weight and well made. Best in class. Excellent value.
on 17 April 2012
I did not want a full set with a frying pan and milk saucepan as we already had more than one of these. After looking around we came upon this set to replace some saucepans that had seen better days. They are strong and sturdy and the draining lids help steam escape as well as remove the need to use a separate colander. I think they are excellent and exactly what I expected. The service from the supplier, Pots and Pans, via the Amazon marketplace was faultless and the delivery was very speedy and well-packed.
on 28 October 2013
I bought a set of these pans to 'top up' a single one bought about 5 years ago. Needed the complete set for a new induction hob.

The pans are superb quality, and even though one pan is 5 years old and the others are new, the old one looks as good as the new ones. Still shiny on the outside and as good as new inside. They're very easy to clean, and don't stain.

The design is really very nice and modern, and the pans work perfectly on our induction and infra-red hobs.

There are pans on the market for three times the price. I honestly can't see what they would offer that these pans don't. They're well made, heavy duty, look good, stay like new and do the job perfectly. If you're thinking of paying more for other makes do yourself a favour - buy these and spend the savings on something else - or maybe a bigger set! I can't normally be bothered to review things but the makers of these pans deserve your custom!
on 28 September 2015
Good, solid pans. Take more room in the drawer than my old pans and do not stack as well but much nicer to use. They feel solid, good quality and I particularly like the holes in the lids which allow you to drain the saucepan with the lid on. The lids take more room in storage as well because of this but if you have the space it is worth it.
on 8 August 2010
I have had judge vista pans for about 30 years and bought these for my daughter. They are now even better with draining holes and greater depth. I even considered giving her my old ones!!!
on 20 October 2011
Bought the first set of Judge Saucepans after returning a similar set to M & S which after only 18 months use the copper base had started come away from the pan. Unfortunately, their new range have metal handles so prefered a refund. As I have had the larger matching pan to this set for many years without any problem I decided these were the pans for me. Very pleased, easy to grip handles on pans and lids which don't get hot, love the vents as you can leave the lid on and save fuel by reducing the heat. Not too heavy to lift when full but at the same time are very stable on the gas rings. Great value for the money, have just purchase another set for my son for Xmas.Judge Vista Draining 3 Piece Set
on 2 February 2012
These are really excellent saucepans - solid and sturdy and easy to clean, so far. I am using them on a gas hob but it is good to know that, if we ever moved, they could also be used on an induction hob.

The draining lids are fantastic - saves having to drain food in a colander or sieve.

Very pleased with this purchase!