5.0 out of 5 stars NO PANNING FOR PANS
Published on 3 Oct 2010 by D. Payne

3.0 out of 5 stars Good pans, great lids, rubbish handles, and over-priced
Firstly, these are good-looking pans, and for some people that's probably important. But they are also considerably deeper than standard, and with dual pouring edges/lips, they might not be to everyone's taste.

The lids are particularly good in terms of appearance, however, the design makes it impossible to rest them at an angle, so that boiling over can be a...
Published 15 months ago by Jimbo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars NO PANNING FOR PANS, 3 Oct 2010
D. Payne - See all my reviews
This review is from: Judge Vista Draining 3 Piece Set (Kitchen & Home)
I'd never heard of the Judge brand before buying a set. The reviews were good beforehand so I decided to heed the advice. I'm no pan expert but these are solidly built and feel that they will last a long time. They seem to conduct heat well and are up to temperature quickly and evenly. The lids have an extended neck with drainage holes - these seem like a bit of a gimmick but work well. The only downside is that the design of the lids means that you cannot store one saucepan upon another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality feel, 10 April 2009
tallpete33 (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Judge Vista Draining 3 Piece Set (Kitchen & Home)
I've owned these pans for well over a year now and am very pleased with them. They feel solid and weighty, but not overly so. The lids are clear so you can easily see what is going on inside and the lid drain holes also release the steam very well but I actually prefer to use a colander for emptying. The bottom is thick steel with the logo embossed on them which looks quite stylish. You can twist the lids around for the different sized holes, or none at all even, when cooking. The pans clean up well, stack easily and generally have a good quality feel about them. You can get a non-stick milk and frying pan to complete the set also.

At around sixty pounds, these are a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars judge vista pans, 8 Aug 2010
This review is from: Judge Vista Draining 3 Piece Set (Kitchen & Home)
I have had judge vista pans for about 30 years and bought these for my daughter. They are now even better with draining holes and greater depth. I even considered giving her my old ones!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money, 20 Oct 2011
This review is from: Judge Vista Draining 3 Piece Set (Kitchen & Home)
Bought the first set of Judge Saucepans after returning a similar set to M & S which after only 18 months use the copper base had started come away from the pan. Unfortunately, their new range have metal handles so prefered a refund. As I have had the larger matching pan to this set for many years without any problem I decided these were the pans for me. Very pleased, easy to grip handles on pans and lids which don't get hot, love the vents as you can leave the lid on and save fuel by reducing the heat. Not too heavy to lift when full but at the same time are very stable on the gas rings. Great value for the money, have just purchase another set for my son for Xmas.Judge Vista Draining 3 Piece Set

5.0 out of 5 stars good idea, 8 Oct 2011
This review is from: Judge Vista Draining 3 Piece Set (Kitchen & Home)
very good idea with different size draining holes on rim of lid saves having to cock lid to one side for draining . Thay are also a bit deeper and heat up very quick in whould recommend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and just as expected, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Judge Vista Draining 3 Piece Set (Kitchen & Home)
I did not want a full set with a frying pan and milk saucepan as we already had more than one of these. After looking around we came upon this set to replace some saucepans that had seen better days. They are strong and sturdy and the draining lids help steam escape as well as remove the need to use a separate colander. I think they are excellent and exactly what I expected. The service from the supplier, Pots and Pans, via the Amazon marketplace was faultless and the delivery was very speedy and well-packed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased!, 2 Feb 2012
This review is from: Judge Vista Draining 3 Piece Set (Kitchen & Home)
These are really excellent saucepans - solid and sturdy and easy to clean, so far. I am using them on a gas hob but it is good to know that, if we ever moved, they could also be used on an induction hob.

The draining lids are fantastic - saves having to drain food in a colander or sieve.

Very pleased with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Saucepans I have ever had, 7 Nov 2011
This review is from: Judge Vista Draining 3 Piece Set (Kitchen & Home)
I had my last saucepans for 30 years and I thought they were good but these saucepans surpass them. They clean easy, look good and I like the depth of them. The straining glass lids are great. I love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 9 May 2011
This review is from: Judge Vista Draining 3 Piece Set (Kitchen & Home)
I would not buy anything else, my last set lasted me ages until I burnt two of them in one go. I still have a pan that looks as good as new that is over ten years old. Buy them you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars best in class, 13 Feb 2009
K. Rickard (Evesham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Judge Vista Draining 3 Piece Set (Kitchen & Home)
I have recently replaced all my pans with this Judge panset and am delighted with them. The lids are clear, allowing you to see if the pan boils dry. There are two sets of drain holes, one large, one small, allowing you to drain veg without taking off the lid. Also you can rotate the lid to allow steam to escape when cooking or not, as you wish. They are a good weight and well made. Best in class. Excellent value.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›