5.0 out of 5 stars very good
very good piece of kitchen equipment.. I sharpen my knives from the tip towards the handle, so the magnetic tip on the sharpening steel makes it very easy to guide the knife.. It's also very easy to maintain, just wipe it with a dry cloth/ tissue after every use(if that's a chore to u, u probably won't be bothered to sharpen your knives anyway)
Published on 6 Nov. 2012 by engwooi

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, so disappointing!!
Published 21 months ago by J. Halpin

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, so disappointing!!, 17 Aug. 2013
J. Halpin "book addict" (Hove UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stellar James Martin 25cm / 10" Sharpening Steel (Kitchen & Home)
After thinking for sometime what to buy, I finally chose the James Martin steel because I have some of his knives. It arrived in reasonable time, but cheaply and unprofessionally packed. Then with excitement I started on my knives. It does nothing, I have tried all styles, and two or three times on some knives and nothing. It is disappointing and useless. I really feel let down. Don't buy!I intend to return mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 6 Nov. 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 4 May 2013
John Nichols (Norn Ireland) - See all my reviews
Although I have a stone which is perfect the steel is very good for keeping the cutting edge between full stone sharpening, I have had others but this is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 April 2012
Comfortable hand grip and effective if you can use a steel! The only steel I found comfortable to hold and could use with confidence

5.0 out of 5 stars very good product, 6 Aug. 2013
excellent product with a easy to hold handle grip, the steel part was easy to sharpen your blunt knifes etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality sharpener, 12 Jan. 2013
S. P. (Leatherhead, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent sharpener made of the right hardness stainless steel which puts a good edge on your knives . Previously, I had a cheaper one which looked nice but ended up with a polished surface after little use. Not much good for sharpening knives. Electric sharpeners are ok, but do wear your knives out more quickly. The Stellar sharpener has a comfortable handle with sufficient steel guard to protect the hand. The 10" length also feels safe and effective whether sharpening a short knife or a longer carving knife

5.0 out of 5 stars Get one and save the cost of new knives, 31 Oct. 2013
This is a must for the kitchen and is made to a high quality. The instructions must be followed precisely to achieve good results. We now have three 'new' knives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Present, 17 May 2013
Brought as a Present and was just the thing my son in law Wanted I was pleased with the price lot cheaper the the stores

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job., 18 Sept. 2013
looks good and is good.Will definitely recommend and probably buy for friends in need !! What more can I say ?!

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 1 Mar. 2015
Not the worlds best steal but then he's not the worlds best cook