Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: CLASSIC|Change
Price:£2.35+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 7 December 2011
I needed to cut some thin glass (1.5 mm thickness) to replace a broken meter glass. This tool works very well and produced a much better cut than the equivalent tungsten carbide wheel types. Practice on a piece of scrap glass first as it is important to get the angle between the cutter and the glass right for an even score. Watch that the cutter does not chip the glass as it runs off the edge. Dipping the glass in white spirit did not produce any noticeable improvements. Others are right to score the glass only once - going over the score produces an uneven cut. Once scored, the glass parted very easily with very little pressure. It was not necessary to use pliers or any tool to do this. For the price, this is an excellent choice. I don't know how long it will last, but I have made about 25 cuts so far with no problems. Note I have not tried it with thicker glass.

The construction of the tool is actually quite good - the handle is wooden and the metal parts brass. The head and side cutter are screwed in place. If you have had poor results with the wheel types buy one of these - you cannot go wrong at the price!
on 17 April 2012
I read the reviews before i purchased this glass cutter, thanks to all the reviewers. The price is unbelievable, great little tool. If you are a novice like me do ask for glass cutting tips like tapping the score line underneath before you try to snap it.
on 18 August 2011
Unlike some of the reviewers this glass cutter worked as expected, done what it was supposed to do, and worked very easily. It was purchased to cut some glass for a few picture frames, and this was completed very quickly, and with no problems whatsoever. It is now waiting to do more work as and when the need arises. For its cheap price I thought that it would last for one or two cuts and then the diamond would fall out and get lost, but no it worked well and I am well satisfied with it and would thoroughly recommend it. Perhaps, I received a good one, but I have to relate my experiences and how I found the one I received, I would certainly buy another should the need occur. Not only this but the supplier delivered this cutter very quickly, it seemed like the next day, after ordering, this has to be mentioned for accuracy.
on 2 December 2012
Gave the sheet of glass one cut, thought it had not broke the surface towards the end. I looked to see what the problem was, then noticed the diamond tip had gone. Poor quality, my one at least.
on 17 March 2011
After repeated failures with wheel type cutters this works to perfection. I have both the 2 and 4mm versions and find the 2mm gives the tidiest results with window/picture glass.
on 12 May 2014
Difficult for me to evaluate - the glass proved to be hardened glass. No way to cut it at all. Left 2 cuts on the glass and the diamond tip still on, had to give it up after searching internet that tempered glasses were not possible to cut.

The cutter itself is cheaply made, maybe good for some cuttings. Worried for a while that the whole tip will fall, but it did not.
on 11 November 2012
A great little cutter at a good price.

They still have the same limitations as traditional steel cutters, but the diamond tip produced a very fine consistent line on the glass surface with much less force than a steel wheel cutter. This means that it is easier to use and less chance of glass breaking under pressure. It is also possible to produce slight curves on some glass.

Well made, great value, don't even consider a steel cutter.
on 10 February 2012
Very easy to use and better than the price would suggest. Only used it twice but worked great both time
on 7 December 2013
Hi, I don't normally write reviews but I had to in this case. I achieved one good quality cut - then felt a clunk which I assume was the cutting diamond breaking off the end - and then it was useless. I followed all the various online tips of gradually wearing in the cutting structure and flushing with white spirit but in the end you do get what you pay for.
on 10 January 2016
Awkward to use. This would have been FAR BETTER if the diamond had simply been embedded in a metal disk at the end of the wood, so that it could be accurately used live a pen or pencil. I found the brass bit for breaking the glass useless for small mosaic tiles: tow pairs of pliers worked much better.

See one answered question