5.0 out of 5 stars It exceeds my expectation
Published on 7 Aug. 2011 by Deborah K. Chan

3.0 out of 5 stars It works...once you figure it out.
The cable is quite substantial, which is good for security, but makes fixing the lock on to your laptop quite tricky (you need to hold the lock in place whilst scrambling the combination...you may need 3 arms). The lock works. You can reset the combination ok (unlike others I've tried).
The instructions are provided in a number of languages but are brief!
I...
Published on 31 Mar. 2009 by D. Donnelly

3.0 out of 5 stars It works...once you figure it out., 31 Mar. 2009
D. Donnelly "Dave D." (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kensington Combosaver Combination Notebook Lock Ultra - Security Cable (Accessory)
The instructions are provided in a number of languages but are brief!
I could follow the instructions (just about) to reset the combination, but was not entirely certain I had it right, because I couldn't attach the lock (it has a different mechanism to others I've used)
The instructions to attach the lock are awful. I couldn't understand them so called their technical support. Their technical support is awful too, I gave up. My advice is just ignore the instructions and try the lock until you figure it out yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars It exceeds my expectation, 7 Aug. 2011
The image of this product does not do it any justice. I was surprised to find the cable so thick and strong. Bearing in mind some of the reviews here, I expected this K-lock to be slightly difficult to use, but it is not. It is very well-designed, easy to use with clear instructions. It is indeed true that it might need a bit of dexterity on the fingers to use it in the beginning, but after practising a few times and when you get used to the way it works, it becomes easy. I would recommend to anyone who wants good anti-theft protection for their laptops.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job., 29 April 2012
H. Lancashire - See all my reviews
This lock does the job, if you need quick laptop removal, or prize security very highly then this is not the lock for you.

Pros:
- Proper packaging, full instructions, apparently genuine product (unlike other locks according to some reviewers)
- Easy to set code, it took me a couple of minutes
- Fits my laptop; I have a Dell XPS
- Thick cable (as laptop locks go, this is no "Kryptoflex")

Cons:
- Fiddly to lock, as other reviewers have said, it almost requires 3 hands, but it is doable.
- Not secure: unless you remember to scramble the code every time you leave the lock (with or without your laptop attached) someone could memorise the code from the lock, return, and steal.
- Potentially flimsy. I have only had this lock for ~2 weeks, however the lock feels as though it will have a lifetime of ~2 years before giving up.

If you remember to scramble the code, and don't want to worry about keys, then yes, I would suggest this lock, but it is not the be-all and end-all of laptop security.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 12 Nov. 2010
Bought this product as in my job we use similar locks to secure the computers we work with, so I knew what I was getting when I placed this order.

T-bar locking system seems very secure, although im not going to test it buy trying to pry it out of my macbook pro.

The only fault is that the rubber attached to the lock to prevent the metal of your lock from scratching your laptop, fell off straight away, and all my attempts of placing it back on have failed. Not the end of the world but a tiny disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin!, 9 Feb. 2012
I had previously bought a lock from a high street shop which promptly fell to pieces after 3 months of normal day to day use. This one is much more solidly built and I would imagine it would stop most people who took a fancy to my latop. Easy to set up and use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., 26 Aug. 2011
Awesome. Simply the best-in-class in my opinion, it is worth the price. Good materials, and a free-online-service to store your cable code is also included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kensington Combi Lock Review, 19 Oct. 2009
P. Atkinson (UK) - See all my reviews
Ordering was easy and description of product accurate. Delivery prompt and in excellent condition. Product itself exactly as described and of good quality. Would certainly use again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy safety, 31 Oct. 2010
Does what it advertises. Fits nicely into the slot in the side of a laptop. The mechanics are positve and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality though, 27 Aug. 2014
This was supposed to fit my laptop but didn't. Good quality though.