5.0 out of 5 stars Maypole trickle charger
The only difference between this and more well known named brands is the price. It equals anything on the market. Well packaged and speedy delivery. It does what you want at a fraction of the price. Highly recommend product and supplierQuality Maypole Battery Trickle Charger - 12v.
Published on 1 April 2010 by P. Clay

3.0 out of 5 stars Badly made but effective car charger

ASIN:B001C608JO Maypole 7401 Automatic Trickle Charger]]
Published on 12 Mar. 2012 by madmax

5.0 out of 5 stars Maypole trickle charger, 1 April 2010
P. Clay (Kent UK.) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple charger, 15 May 2010
This review is from: Maypole 7401 Automatic Trickle Charger (Automotive)
Very basic trickle charger, but does what it says on the box!
Works well on smaller batteries ie motorcycle, which is why I purchased it.

4.0 out of 5 stars using as a "battery tender", 23 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Maypole 7401 Automatic Trickle Charger (Automotive)
Bought to replace a failed battery minder to stop the car battery discharging on a car I only use once or twice per month. Works perfectly.

On receipt of the unit I cut the crocodile clips off and soldered on a cigar lighter plug. Since the cigar lighter in my car is permanently live I simply plug the trickle charger into the mains and the other end into my cigar lighter socket and this unit keeps my battery fully charged without harming the electronics on the car. This will not work if you have a car where the cigar lighter is disconnected when you switch off the ignition (eg. VW & Audi)

Make sure to remember to unplug the charger before attempting to start the car.

Only 4 stars since the unit does have the tendency to get significantly hotter than the Draper unit it replaced. Initially it concerned me, but after keeping a close eye on it for the first couple of months I can say that I'm OK with it, but I do keep the charger well ventilated and away from anything else.

3.0 out of 5 stars Badly made but effective car charger, 12 Mar. 2012

ASIN:B001C608JO Maypole 7401 Automatic Trickle Charger]]
This was my third charger, as the first two arrived broken.However the black and red crocodile clip covers broke off immediately on this one the first time I used it.(This was the same problem I had with the previous two.)Couldn't be bothered to order yet another one,as I suspect they are all badly made.All that aside,the charger has done exactly what I wanted it to do.It charges a battery on a car that is used infrequently without having to disconnect the battery.I have never found it to become hot,and it does cease charging and re-commence as required.The wires from each crocodile clip are a little short, and this coupled with the fact that the clips are also a tight fit make it a bit awkward.I must add that if you lose all the colour co-ordinated clip covers for this item,the wires leading to them are both black.This means you have no way of knowing which clip is red and which is black.

4.0 out of 5 stars battery charger, 1 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Maypole 7401 Automatic Trickle Charger (Automotive)
Good solution to the continuing problem of my motorhome battery going flat in winter due to lack of use.
Being automatic,I can leave on charge in situ under the bonnet 24/7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks can be deceiving, 10 Mar. 2014
Antoine Camilleri (Malta) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Maypole 7401 Automatic Trickle Charger (Automotive)
At first glance the Maypole Trickle 7401 looks like a normal adapter with crocodile clips instead of the normal socket. Yet what sets it apart is the construction and longevity. I have a number of them connected 24 hours a day and they have been performing flawlessly for over 3 months. Most other adapters would burn out, yet this unassuming little charger keeps on going, maintaining my batteries at optimal charge. They occupy minimal space, unlike other chargers, which is a great plus point.

The fact that these chargers can be used on both conventional and maintenance free batteries is a key selling factor.

Considerations:
If you have an "always active" cigarette lighter, the Maypole trickle charger can be used to charge your battery using an optional cigarette lighter adapter.

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Trickle charger, 23 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Maypole 7401 Automatic Trickle Charger (Automotive)
Trickle charger purchased to keep the battery in a classic car fully charged. The car is not used very often particularly in the winter. The trickle charger is designed to keep the battery fully charged. Working well to date.Quality Maypole Automatic Battery Trickle Charger - 12v

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Maypole 7401 Automatic Trickle Charger (Automotive)
I bought this charger to keep my motorbike battery topped up during the winter as it isn't ridden much at this time of year. It is ideal for this task, so at a fraction of the price of it's competitors this charger is great value for money. I have taken care to handle the clips with carefully as, according to other reviews, they tend to be a bit fragile. I haven't found this so far but I am considering replacing them with a plug anyway, which will connect to a socket I have attached to the battery, for ease of connection. This will avoid the necessity of me having to remove several bits of my bike to expose the battery every time I want to top up the charge.

Excellent product - I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Had over a month, 26 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Maypole 7401 Automatic Trickle Charger (Automotive)
got this about a month ago for my race car , put the battery on for the 1st time after it being trickle charged for a month with the unit permanently trickle charger plugged in , bingo battery is a good and fully charged,
The Trickle charger does get warm when you 1st put on the battery and the red LED glows bright but after a while this dims off .
All in all does what is say's and seems ok although the clamps feel a little flimsey

3.0 out of 5 stars connecting electric wire, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Maypole 7401 Automatic Trickle Charger (Automotive)
the electric connecting wire is not of a reasonable length to reach from electric point to battery without using an extension

Maypole 7401 Automatic Trickle Charger