1 Review

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy!, 3 Mar 2013
SuziB - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: HTC Touch Dual Sim Free Unlocked Mobile Phone (Electronics)
First I was sent the wrong phone, so had to wait whilst they sent me the correct one. So I didn't receive it until mid November. They did refund my postage, but I did have to chase them up as they "forgot"!. Within days the stylus, which had been glued back together, broke as the glue wasn't strong enough to keep it together. You could see the glue clearly.
I wasn't too bothered & ordered some replacements. Then the charger that was sent with it (not an original HTC charger) stopped working. Luckily my daughter has the same phone so I was able to borrow & use hers.
However it's now the beginning of March, so I've had the phone 3 & a half months & have only used it to make about 20 phone calls & sent a maximum of 100 texts. I've not used the internet, camera or anything else so it's had the bare minimum of use & yesterday it died! I've tried a different battery (my daughters) a different sim card. Left it switched off for ages etc but nothing will get it to work, it's just stuck on the "Smart mobility" screen. I've lost all of my phone numbers as I can't copy them from my phone to the sim as the phone won't work.
As you can imagine I'm very annoyed, the phone cost £35, the replacement stylus another £5, so that's £40 I may aswell have flushed down the loo! I should have realised that there might be a problem when they only offered a 30 day money back guarantee, after all if a product is fit for purpose you would be more than happy to offer a longer guarantee. I know I'm stuck with it & there's nothing I can do (that 30 day guarantee) but I stupidly didn't believe the other bad reviews, now I'm stuck without a phone, have lost all my phone numbers & am £40 out of pocket. Please don't make the same mistake as I did. When people give bad reviews it's clearly for a reason. You can excuse 2 or 3 as one offs, but more than that, there's obviously a problem!