5.0 out of 5 stars Great summary of user involvement in innovation
I enjoyed this summary analysis of user involvement in innovation. It makes a lot of sense to me. The book is easy to read despite being oriented towards the academic community. Will recommend to a few of my colleagues as I can see lessons we can learn within our business.
Published 10 months ago by Jamie Macgregor

3.0 out of 5 stars Let your customers innovate
Published on 13 Jan 2008 by Christian Jongeneel

3.0 out of 5 stars Let your customers innovate, 13 Jan 2008
Christian Jongeneel (Rotterdam, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
The central point of 'Democratizing innovation' is that much innovation is not contrived at a company's research department but at its customers' premises. Companies should therefore actively engage customers, even if it means that new products, being the result of an open process, are inelligible for patent application. Ernst Von Hippel gives plenty of examples, mainly in IT, where this approach has shown considerable merits.

Though not particularly smoothly written this is a clear and interesting book that should be on the to-read-list of anybody seriously involved in innovation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great summary of user involvement in innovation, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Democratizing Innovation (Kindle Edition)

Democratizing Innovation