5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
I bought this DVD with a little hesitence due to the somewhat hit and miss history of movie adaptations in the past.The name of Frank Darabont swung me in the end due to his stunning work 'The Green Mile' and 'Shawshank..'.I sat down on a sunday afternoon with a thought of hopefully just being entertained for a couple of hours,as a fan of of thoughtful horror i was not...
Published on 24 Nov 2008 by Mr. M. Brindley

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and Mist
This was one of my all time favorite Stephen King stories. I loved the suspense created by the scenario that depicted shoppers trapped in a supermarket store and under siege by Paranormal entities. It's a really simple plot but very rich in human drama along the lines of 'Lord of the Flies' and how people tend to go absolutely bug nuts at the first whiff of an...
Published on 8 Nov 2008 by JEY

‹ Previous | 119 20 21 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Another Null!!!, 14 Sep 2009
Roberto Nike (Germany, Munchen) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mist [DVD] (DVD)
Yet another ridiculous movie from an ex-horror master.
I can not believe they spend money to film things like that.

1.0 out of 5 stars It only deserves that one star for a reason., 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Mist [DVD] (DVD)
Yes, we could argue until blue in the face about the dodgy CGI, the even worse acting, and the cardboard plot, with enough holes in it to make it practically nonexistent. But, at the end of the day, there are plenty of times when I never let any of that stop me from enjoying a film before.
And The Mist does have some good points. I particularly liked the unexpected heroes, especially the assistant manager of the supermarket. Small, bespectacled, slightly overweight, but brave and skilled with a gun, and resourceful too. I loved him.
But, as the title of this review says, The Mist deserves only one star, and for one very good reason.
That ending.
I won't give it away here, I hate spoilers, but let me assure you, the ending is contrived, and left me steaming with anger. It is a stupid, stupid ending, and Darabont, with his years of experience in the business, should have known better.
Ruined the whole film for me. If you insist on watching it do as another reviewer suggested and switch off about ten minutes before the end.
That's where the film should have finished, leaving us to wonder at the ultimate fate of our five protagonists.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one of his better ones!, 21 Nov 2008
Fordy Finn "Agent Finn" (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mist [DVD] (DVD)
Felt very disappointed with this latest Stephen King based movie. The effects are very dodgy to say the least and having almost the entire movie set in a super market was mucho boring zzz The cast were Kings usuals i.e people from the likes of Green Mile & Shawshank so no problem there but the story was just, well not very Stephen King. I much prefer supernatural type stories from King and this is like a cross bewteen War of The worlds and Joes Apartment! I expected the 'bugs' to start talking in little muchkin voices at one point. I gave this movie 2 stars for the ending, now theres an ending to end all endings! (Wont spoil it for you if you decide to give it a whirl)!

2.0 out of 5 stars Below average horror, 4 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Mist [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Adapted from the Stevn King book (and clearly having lots left out) this is a below average horror yarn that is in the main badly acted and with no real sense of horror. I'm no die hard horror fan but this didn't even make me feel any sense of unease. The characters are shallow and you don't really care what happens to any of them. How people give this 5 stars i will never know. To put this film in the same league as Pulp Fiction, 2001, Leon etc etc is very misleading. Below average, therefore 2 stars. Recommended ? No not really, there must be something better to pick. Pandorum, District 9 - both out recently and both 4 stars, very decent films and considerably better than this.

1.0 out of 5 stars it's behind you, 18 April 2009
C. Clennell - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mist [DVD] (DVD)
this in short is a very bad film and you feel like shouting it's behind you like some bad panto the wicked stepmother is marcia gay harden oh dear great actress with films like millers crossing thomas jane is the towns knight in shinning armour with members of the cast splitting in two groups they either joined wicked stepmother or prince either way it dont end happily for the village of castlerock yet again i think not sure saying that because it's stephen king based story directed by frank darabont why down on his luck i guess schlock horror at it's worst if only they had come to the shock ending earlier and saved my eyes from watching two hours or so of this drivel

1.0 out of 5 stars Another bad King adaption, 18 Jan 2009
This review is from: The Mist [DVD] (DVD)
I love King, yet again and again I get fooled into watching the incredibly poor film adaptions. Some King films are classics, Shawshank, Green Mile, Misery, Carrie, Hearts in Atlantis, The Shining even The Running Man is entertaining. However all the stories containing his 'monsters' and other such creations end up looking absolute trash when converted to film. I don't know why. They all look low-budget, poor special f/x, terrible over the top and laughable acting. I remember 'Dreamcatcher' was hailed with having an amazing twist (and it didn't, it was just stupid) and now the same has been said with this, not only that but is also said to be the greatest most terrifiying film since The Shining. Well it aint. It is not Scary in the slightest and the plot is just the same old rubbish that has been seen time and time again but with no real explanation. Finally the twist, is just isn't a twist simply, the ending is simply poor at best. A complete waste of 2 hours to see probably the worst ending I have ever seen, the film creates no tension or feelings for the characters so by the films ending you don't really care or even shocked by what happens to them. Dont waste your money, unless you like stupid monsters and bad acting.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT WATCH!, 19 Mar 2009
Chris Morse "faraway_pictures" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Mist [DVD] (DVD)
Hats off to the writer and director, they managed to make an ending I genuinley hated. They turned it from a movie I would have watched and watched into a movie I wish I'd never seen. All thanks to the last 5 mins.

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH, 26 Jan 2009
Harsh Critic "Fan of Great Music" (Ramsgate, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mist [DVD] (DVD)
One day someone will make a good film of a King 'nasty', but this is not it. Too many holes in plot. Just a couple: compare first creatures (tentacles) with all subsequent creatures (mixture of Alien, Arachnophobia and umpteen others); first night attack then no more night attacks. Primeval on British TV has more realistic creatures than this. I never saw so many stereotypes in one film before. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH!, 26 Jan 2010
Daniel O'rourke (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mist [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Just awful, can't believe so many people like this film. Not scary, terrible special effects, bad acting. The ending is just funny when it really shouldn't be, that's how bad this film is.

1.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTMENT, 21 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Mist [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The film is a disappointment! I liked "Green Mile" and the "Shawshank Redemption" - but this is no more than a joke. The narrating isn't good and the characters are not really convincing. The annoying "God..." blabla is not working (outside the States or bible belt) - because it's too thin and transparent (even more stupid: the violent solution to this dumb woman - brilliant massage in our time! (Caution! Irony!)) and it distracts you from the "thrill". The SFX are competely ridiculous and the overpraised ending makes no sense at all (psychologically) So, it's a complete waste of time and money - even the lost of colour won't make it better! Sorry for my english - I'm not a native speaker...and I'm still angry about watching this movie!

‹ Previous | 119 20 21 | Next ›

The Mist [DVD]
The Mist [DVD] by Frank Darabont (DVD - 2008)
4.13