5.0 out of 5 stars McAfee is Number 1 again!
We previously owned AVG which, although has been good for about 3 years, and is very friendly on your specs, let in some bad Virus's and trojans which cost us two HDD's. Fed up of worrying day after day, I got McAfee from my Vine account.

Published on 24 Jan 2009 by Picard

1.0 out of 5 stars A backward Step
Published on 28 Sep 2009 by Mr. David Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars McAfee is Number 1 again!, 24 Jan 2009
Picard (USS Enterprise) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: McAfee Internet Security 2009 - 3 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I never though I'd say this again, but McAfee is back to it's best! The last version I owned was around 2002, which was funnily a bad period of Norton too. This latest 2009 version of McAfee runs quietly in the background and you rarely get pop-up's, if at all during the day. Definition updates are always being installed, and the interface is very clean, though these days they all look the same.

The only pop-up's I ever get now are when McAfee asks if a particular registry change should be allowed. Aside from this, you'd forget it was in the background.

We've been so impressed that we got rid of all the other 3rd party Spyware/Trojan protection apps and have just stuck to this - so far no problems! Our first scan also revealed some spyware which AVG didn't catch - one of which an annoying advert worm that ran on MSN.

Don't look anywhere else - McAfee 2009 is excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 4 Feb 2009
This review is from: McAfee Internet Security 2009 - 3 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
Have used McAfee for years and never had a virus (although I am also a careful internet user). McAfee operates an automatic annual renewal subscription. Don't be misled by the apparent convenience: I have found that it is more expensive than buying a new CD every year. (Which doesn't make sense!!!)

1.0 out of 5 stars A backward Step, 28 Sep 2009
This review is from: McAfee Internet Security 2009 - 3 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
I n July changed from Norton to improve performance. Worst decision I have ever made. System is for ever installing updates or telling me " my computer is not protected" The impact of this is at least 30 to 40 minutes of snail speed proceesing. Have attempted to contact Customer/technical support but treated with indifference or no come back from company Resigned to dump the product asap.

5.0 out of 5 stars McAfee Internet Security 2009, 8 May 2009
This review is from: McAfee Internet Security 2009 - 3 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
Have always used Norton antivirus but decided to try McAfee as Amazon had a brilliant offer on and it was a lot cheaper than Norton.
Highly delighted with the ease in which I was able to download it onto two computers.
Used it now for about a month and touch wood no problems so far. No annoying download reminders like Norton. Seemingly it does it automatically for you. Only annoying bit is when I use a couple of well known sites which I know are secure and I get a pop-up warning me of unsafe website....but it gives you the option to continue or abort.
Summing up I would say it deserves 5 out of 5. If you are unhappy with Norton please try this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good product from a trusted name, 1 Jan 2009
James B. Spink "Jim" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: McAfee Internet Security 2009 - 3 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
McAfee is one of the most trusted names in Internet security packages and they have been making well regarded software for over twenty years. This Internet Security 2009 option is the middle product in McAfee's current range, offering everything that VirusScan Plus does with additional anti-phishing, ID theft protection and parental controls. The Total Protection option offers additional SiteAdvisor Plus and comprehensive password protection which are not provided here.

It may be worth checking out the Total Protection 2009 option as, at the time of writing, Amazon are offering it for about £15 cheaper than this package! Also you will need to decide whether you need a single user version or one for three PCs, as both are available.

There are plenty of security safeguards provided with Internet Security 2009 without it being overloaded with additional tools and features you may not need. SiteAdvisor is McAfee's unique way of giving web sites a safety rating by marking them red, amber or green BEFORE you look at them; useful but not perfect.

There are good anti-virus and anti-spyware included which are automatically updated throughout your one year subscription, plus a two-way firewall and a network manager (3 PC version). Altogether a useful software package which is straightforward to install and use. If you are looking for a big name in internet security and, for whatever reason, may not want to use Norton, then McAfee could be your best bet.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2009 edition, 4 Dec 2008
Reviewer (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: McAfee Internet Security 2009 - 3 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
This is my second year of mcafee security and it does not let down. The interface is fantastically easy to use, and stays firmly in the background, only letting you know its there if it brings something to your attention. I like this as with Norton, I couldn't stand the annoying updates windows!! It is easy to request a quick scan, or even a deep clean of your computer and registry. Other feature I found useful was the tabs to overpower windows defence systems and use the much more useful Mcafee software. It also lets you help set up a network, and keeps this protected, ideal for more than one pc in the house. It even gives 3 pc's protection for the year. However, do note that the year starts for all 3 pc's as soon as the first one has it installed. At the minute is half price, you will be lucky to find it cheaper anywhere else in my opinion

5.0 out of 5 stars internet security, 21 May 2009
Mrs. S. M. Davies (UK) - See all my reviews
Easy to install.
Used McAfee for a few years now.
Never encountered any problems.
Cheaper to buy new cd every year than to download it direct when subscription expires.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product OK, Company Not, 13 Oct 2009
This review is from: McAfee Internet Security 2009 - 3 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
I used the product and was satisfied with its ability to do its job.

However, when I wanted to cancel my subscription, I found the process to be atrocious. Firstly, pursuant to their policy, they took the renewal money out of my account 1 month before it was due, which took me by surprise. So I quickly looked into cancelling it and getting a refund.

The customer support website said it would be as simple as sending an email, but when I got there I found the email link greyed-out. The only option was to download some Chat software and talk directly to a customer service person. I don't like installing rubbish on my machine and I don't like having to waste time waiting to chat to a support person in real time, so this was annoying. Finally I spoke to someone and got the refund, but it would take 5 days to process. This was also annoying.

Henceforth, I wouldn't touch McAfee products with a barge pole, regardless of whether it works or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight forward replacement for expiring on-line subscription, 5 April 2009
This review is from: McAfee Internet Security 2009 - 3 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
Works fine and although I only need it for 1 pc at the moment, it was almost the least expensive replacement for continuing my McAfee subscription - I certainly did not like the, although slightly cheaper, online arrangement for buying it and allowing McAfee, by default, to automatically renew annually at whatever prevailing price (ie well above the least expensive alternatives).

4.0 out of 5 stars McAfee Internet Security 2009, 16 Mar 2009
This review is from: McAfee Internet Security 2009 - 3 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
Purchased the latest version from Amazon as it was cheaper than uppgrading direct. Delivery was very prompt.

Uninstalled Internet Security 2008 and installed latest 2009 version. Install went without a problem on my 3 computers. Hey presto when you run it it looks exactly the same with no apparent difference. Goodness knows if there is any improvement. Having said that McAfee seems to run quietly in the background updating iteslf as and when new definition files are available. Scan as previously is slow but it does not seem to cause my computers to run more slowly as I continue to work. You can do a quick scan if you want.

Security Suite hasn't caused me any particular problem in the past so it is a case of the devil you know. Whether there are any gremlins that it hasn't zapped I cannot say. Not currently aware of any particular problem.

McAfee Internet Security 2009 - 3 User (PC)
McAfee Internet Security 2009 - 3 User (PC) by McAfee (Windows Vista / XP)
Out of stock