Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

VINE VOICEon 11 February 2013
I have read Herodotus at least 3 times over the years and find him to be the most enjoyable historian / original source there is. I like him so much that I have bought him as a gift for friends at least 5 times. I have a copy of this on my bookshelf, but when I saw this going so cheap on Kindle I had to grab it. If you have not read Herodotus then DO. I love the book and can not encourage people strongly enough to read it to gain a real insight into the mindset and world at that time in our history. And yes some of what he writes is mere hearsay but that is not the point, its the way its written and his understanding of events and his era. GRAB IT
on 8 November 2012
I have this in book form, and would find it hard to enjoy as a Kindle read. But if you know and have the book this is a joy to have with you when travelling.
on 12 April 2014
Great read I just can't put it down and it was fantastic value money and because it was a download it was so easy to get
on 23 January 2013
I chose this book because my original copy fell to pieces after many years of rereading selected passages. A very good bargain, for me personally; not for everyone.
on 14 April 2011
Herodotus was called the Father of History. Personally I firmly believe we can only understand where we are today by looking at where we came from. Caesar - Hero or Villain? Alexander - Genius or Megalomaniac? Napoleon - Monster or Misunderstood? These three Are " Heroes " of mine, not necessarily good or bad, but because they stamped their names into History. They have to be read about, in the context of their times, to have any hope of understanding the WHY of them, and why, still today, their names still loom large in HISTORY.