on 26 April 2010
I had a problem with my washing machine and had to call out hotpoint. They tried to sell me this product but I said no. I then looked on the internet and found it was cheaper on here.

This product is really good. You just pop it in the draw, set your machine to the hottest wash (make sure your machine is empty) and away you go. It cleans your pipes, helps keep limescale down and it stops any bad smells. I just use it once a month.

I've also used it in my dishwasher and I could'nt believe the difference.
0Comment|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 June 2010
Good product, better than any others on the market. Cleans dishwasher & washing machine in an excellent manner.
33 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 August 2014
This stuff is brilliant my washing was stinking my house out and its not old I tried everything to no avail But i used these and the smell has gone I put 2 in together on the hottest wash and it was such a great feeling to go into the kitchen without hooding my nose I do believe the main cause is we stopped using powder all these tabs and liquid is clogging the pipes So Iwould suggest 2 sacets of this limescale remover to start then 1 evrery month it can be used in the dishwasher too and use washing powder sometimes Itried everything for 6 months i bought the expencive stuff too but this is the only thing thats worked oh dont put it on with pre wash
on 15 September 2010
I was suffering from 'smelly washing machine'. The kitchen stank of cooked greens each time I walked by the machine!! Web research tells me that it is because we are all now washing at 30 or 40 degrees. I used the product on a 90 degree service wash (no items in the machine). It helped but I actually had to use the product three times (every other day) to cure the smell as my situation was particularly bad. I shared the product with my daughter who also had the same problem and hers is ok now too. I have now reverted to washing all my 'whites' on 60 degrees and hope that the 'smelly' problem does not return. I hope this review has helped you.
0Comment|157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 December 2011
moved into a new home with a smelly washing machine and dishwasher.
Ordered on amazon and arrived promptly. well packaged.
Have clean & nice smelling appliances.
on 9 September 2012
Limescale and Detergent Remover

I have had this about 2 months now and used 2 sachets, the difference in the cleanliness and smell of the washing machine is amazing. I have tended to use 40 degree washes for most of the time & have used Eco wash balls. This,as my Bosch engineer said is NOT a good idea!! Soap powder plus a hotter wash is far better. The machine sludge just builds up, and I ended up with taking clothes out of the machine wet and not smelling very nice!! I tried a few times running it through on 60 degrees with soap powder + Calgon, and this helped a bit, but the smell was still very evident. Since using this, the machine now does not smell and the slimy stuff inside the seal has cleared with a bit of help from me, with cloths to clean it out. I think it is important to run the machine on some washes at 60 degrees and I will now use soap powder more often. This is an excellent product and I have 1 year`s supply - very good value for money.
on 31 July 2011
Tried other products to get rid of a smell in the washing machine.This was the only thing that worked, but chech filter afterwards, you will be surprised at the amount of crud it cleans out.
on 22 July 2013
I have bought this product after moving house and 'receiving' a slightly smelly washing machine. Used this to thoroughly clean it and it doesn't smell anymore. Seems to work!
on 28 July 2010
This stuff is excellent .... I was having big trouble with my washing machine it was leave white marks on my darks and black marks on my lights. It was very irritating and hard to remove even ruined a few garments. I then found this stuff i have now used it twice in two months (you use it once a month) and i have not had a single mark on my garments... The washing machine drum, glass and rubber come up like new after use and the machine smells much nicer ... It can also be used on dishwashers it did work but i would not say it did a better job than the finish cleaner. Highly recommend it for the washing machine though i will be using it once a month from now on ;-)
on 1 September 2014
Having read the reviews on this product, I decided to give it a go. My washing machine did not smell, but I was worried about the amount of limescale that had built up under the drum of my machine. I could see it when I lifted the filter inside the drum.
I did not expect it to clear after one use, especially as my machine is over a year old and I stopped buying the supermarket tablets as they are too expensive. I was amazed to see that the limescale had completely gone.
I will not hesitate to purchase again.I am really pleased with this product and urge those in doubt to give it a go.