on 24 April 2009
I bought this DVD writer to replace an optronic dvd writer that my son had damaged.

Came nicely boxed with some nice programs bundle in with it like power dvd nero and secur disc softwsre.

To be honest I was sceptical at first when I was able to get a Dual Layer DVD rewriter for this price.

But that was soon dispelled as the the bundle software with the disc included a nice piece of software that ensure the drive has the lastest version of the firmware so it keep the writer fully upto date.

I have used it now to back up varoius files and information on both Dual Layer, Single Layer DVD and CD and I have had not errors or problems with this machine.
VINE VOICEon 3 March 2009
This is a perfectly functional DVD rewriter drive. It doesn't get five stars because it only comes in black, it took me two days to see where the jumper settings are recorded (to be fair that was probably just me) and it doesn't come with any instructions. I didn't need any instructions, it went on with no difficulties and has worked as well as expected.

It burns up to 20x speed for a standard DVD+/-R and up to four times for a DVD-RW.

If you are replacing an existing drive, don't mind a black drive and know what you are doing, then there's nothing to complain about for £15.
Bought this as a replacement drive for the one that came with my PC as it had developed a fault where the tray wouldn't open reliably.

I was on the look out for silver drives that were all the rage when I got my PC 3 or 4 years ago but they are few and far between and more expensive.

Fortunately my PC also is coloured black as well as silver so no loss on looks with this.

The bonus was that this drive is actually faster than my old one confirmed by burning DVD's almost a fully minute quicker than my old drive.

A doddle to install, no problems so far with any SW that reads from the drive, iTune, Roxio etc

Umm'd and ahh'd about the rating because it is just a DVD drive, the box and instructions are sparse so if you are new to PC maintenance it may not be the best option.

However in the end price and delivery time swung it to a 5 star for me
on 30 May 2009
An excellent and fully functional device, once I got the jumper in the right position - in the centre for a slave. Get this wrong, and neither master nor slave is recognised by the operating system. As supplied, the jumper is in the master position, and there are no instructions.
on 28 April 2009
Arrived really quick. Great Service provided by Amazon.
Installed in minutes. Very quiet in operation.
on 7 June 2009
Very simple to connect and was suprised to find it does not require any software to install it. Very good product - would recommend to anyone wanting another DVD writer.
on 8 July 2009
I was really worried when my drive was stop working,But i am relly happy now. because this product and the price is very good.This one don't come with any cd but as soon as you plug it in it will work like a baby, no noice nothing.I really love it.
on 26 June 2009
This is a very good price for this box of tricks,BUT its not a plug and play item,you have to find software for it,that having been said, yes ,its good,and exceptional value.
on 20 June 2009
i found this rewriter to be great i've burnt cd/dvd and dvd dl and all have worked great, at £15 this is £10 cheaper than in pc world you can't go wrong really
on 3 February 2010
The Lg22np20 Auaa50b 20x Dvdrw Bare Back it is what it says on the box. It`s easy to install and shouldn`t take any more then 10 mins to fit in, The cable select comes as default to MASTER but can be changed, It DOSEN`T come with any cables or screws so just make sure you haven`t thrown them away all thats left to do is select your region for ENGLAND IT`S 2, and away you go :-) The packaging is excellent it`s got enought foam and bubblewrap inside to handle the journey. So if you dont mind it being black, cableless and screwless, I would highly recommend this item