5.0 out of 5 stars So many fun parts to work with!
Published on 2 Jan. 2012 by Margtc

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty product but ok for playtime.
As you can see from the pic there is a little stick bridge, there should be 2 holes drilled into the overhang legde on the right had side of the right hand house to securely fix the bridge into....well mine came with the holes drilled on the wrong side of the house!
Published on 8 Jan. 2011 by Claire

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So many fun parts to work with!, 2 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Trixie Natural Living Frida Tunnel System, 47 x 22 x 15 cm (Misc.)
I'm very pleased with all the components in this set, and use them in unconventional ways to fit it into my gerbils' tank. The great thing about this set is you can use the parts together or separate so your gerbils have something new and interesting once in a while. I took the roof off the main house because I was concerned about bathroom issues, and used the newly opened space as a start off point for one of the long wood ladders this company also makes (which are also awesome, by the way) and haven't had a problem there. If you're concerned about the ladders not fitting into the holes, invest $1 at the hardware store for a fat nail and you can make your own hole. I just lean the ladders up where I want them, anyway. They're really sturdy and stay in place. My gerbils have been busy on construction/improvement projects on these since they went into the tank, meaning it keeps them busy and keeps their teeth trim!

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty product but ok for playtime., 8 Jan. 2011
Claire (Cambridgeshire. England) - See all my reviews
For this reason I have only given 3 stars as my hamsters cant use that bridge as it s unsafe for them to do so.
I was sold mine by surepets and they are useless as they didn't try and help at all by refunding or replacing my item...so never use them!

This is a very large product and it's great for syrians and dwarf hamsters.
There is one fault though, my hamster peed in the houses and the wood went mouldy :( So either use a wood protector such as plasti kote or only use this when hamsters comes out for playtime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Playground, 1 Nov. 2011
After reading many bad reviews about product issues I was dubious about spending money on this, but it's quite possibly the best small animal product I've ever purchased (they enjoy all the climbing ability and sturdiness). The ladders slot neatly into their sockets and the equipment fits together perfectly. The size is fantastic for large and small hamsters, though I myself have Gerbils.
Obviously I will (after half a year or so, with Gerbils) need to buy another when they have chewed it down to nothing, but it's a tough playground that's survived their climbing and chewing excellently, it's completely worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 16 Mar. 2011
recieved this item very quickly, it comes with one house, 3 ladders, a tunnel and another house, there are 2 drilled holes where the ladders are meant to be placed.... mine however didnt, the holes were to close together on 2 sides, so 2 out of my 3 ladders could not fit into the pre made holes, i was then left with the 1 ladder attatched to the house which gets placed over the tunnel! gerbils have preety much eaten one side of the house!
only problem is they dispatcher should check that all 3 ladders should fit this before dispatching it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Holes deceptively small, 29 Aug. 2012
I bought the large hamster/ degus sized version because my Syrian is huge and I didn't think he'd fit through any of the holes. Most of them are plenty big enough for him to waddle through except for the two on the very top part of the house. They almost look smaller in real life than they do on the picture. I think he'd get about half way then get stuck, but it's not much bother to make them a bit bigger to accommodate him. The one on the right hand side house under the bridge is also a bit of a squeeze for him but it's still big enough to let him through if he wants to.

Other than that I was really happy with the quality and how easy it was to put together, it all slotted in perfectly. I think he'll be really happy with it when he wakes up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 22 Nov. 2013
Bought this for our gerbies Harry and Rory, when it was on offer at £9.99, just waited for the price to drop.... it does happen if you are patient and keep checking the price (and other sellers), it arrived and my children were soooooooo excited, we purchased this to go in the Trixie hamster run/pen so they can have a good run around and it is the perfect size (placed in the middle so they cant jump over the fences) its a good size and although our gerbies have a nibble it seems to be strong wood so can take a good amount of knawing, also if you place newspaper/tubes/toilet paper/egg boxes in with it, it gives them something else to do, doesn't fit perfectly together but is sturdy enough to just slot together and doesn't move, I dare say its the luck of the draw whether you get a good one or not, children didn't want me to glue it as then they can change the pieces around for different combinations, Anyway our two gerbies love it and that's what counts !

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for dwarf hamsters., 5 Dec. 2014
I had to laugh at the photo with a Syrian hamster on the label, this is definitely only for dwarf hamsters!
I bought this to go in the playpen for my smallest Russian hybrid & some of the holes are a bit small even for her, my Chinese would get through them but not much else! Most of the entrance holes are OK though so it's definitely usable.
Does need a bit of sanding down as some of the edges are a bit rough with a few splinters but I've come to expect that with this kind of toy & it's easy enough to do, also the holes where the ladders slot in aren't big enough so they need a bit of work too, the tunnel in the middle doesn't exactly fit well but is stable enough to be safe.
Overall good enough for supervised playtime.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but take apart before use., 7 Sept. 2014
I love this product! My gerbils have so much fun with it! The reason I give it three stars is because the wooden bridges are too small for my gerbils to climb; so I removed them and my gerbils can get up fine now. Also, the tube connecting the two sections is far too loose, so I separated them, and now I have two houses and three bridges, so I personally suggest you separate everything as I find it takes up less space, and just think it works best. Keep the bridges on if you are using this for a dwarf hamster or mouse, though, as they may not be able to get in to the top level. Lastly, I wouldn't recommend this product for any thing larger than a Syrian hamster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 27 Feb. 2013
I have a very large hamster and wasn't sure if this was suitable, but bought it anyway as it was so cheap. It is a very large set but fits into my hamsters large tank. If you use a cage, make sure you measure it.
My hamster is able to get into the bottom houses however the small opening on the second floor is too small for her to get through. Se still enjoys climbing over it and as you can use the pieces separately it means you can change it round and keep the set up interesting.
Only downside was the holes in which the ladders attach where not large enough for the pegs to fit into and I had to make them larger.. Overall a very good product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Didnt fit together but....., 16 July 2013
I got this for my two Degus, it arrived pretty quickly, and is quite aesthetically pleasing, but the parts didnt fit together, so i had to let them have it as two separate houses with the connecting tunnel I improvised into a forage hay and occassional treat feeder thing. They seem to enjoy the sum of the parts, they are especially fond of ambushing each other from the various access holes, and apparently it tastes pretty nice, but if yours turns up and ends up looking like the one in the picture, I'd be surprised.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›