on 4 May 2014
I love these scissors as then are light, easy to hold and the blades are sharp so they cut well.
It is very easy to just stick your hand it the draw and take the scissors out ready to cut - the handles are very well made to fit the shape of your hand.
The blade is an unusual shape (as seen in the picture) apparently ideal for cutting chicken bones - I haven't tested this, but it is easy and quick to cut other things. I did try to cut a frozen pizza (I can only eat half at a time) and it was a tricky, and have decided to stick to what I've been doing up till now and just break it in half over the edge of a counter.
I'm really glad that I invested in a pair of good quality scissors, made by a brand you can trust.
on 25 August 2011
We've been using a pair of these scissors (Fiskars Kitchen & Food Scissors, 18cm) for years and have never found a problem with them. They are still very sharp, comfortable to use and we've never come across anything they won't cut through. We are now buying a pair for our daughter as they are well worth the money.
on 22 October 2011
Fantastic scissors. V. well designed and highly recommended for all kitchen needs, especially cutting and trimming meat. Excellent delivery service.
on 5 March 2012
I purchased these scissors based on the reviews provided by other customers. When they arrived I was impressed with the quality and after washing them, tried them on a pork chop. The scissors just sliced through the meat and gave a clean cut. So I am glad I followed the advise on the reviews. A GOOD PURCHASE.
on 8 May 2015
My last pair of these were in regular use for more years than I can think, and verging on the indispensable. When they mysteriously disappeared I struggled on without for a while, but the fact is I just had to replace them. A considerable relief to find that I was able to do so.
Parcels (whether wrapping or undoing) string, wire, herbs, papers, foil, it is amazing how often I find I need to snip something, and in many cases this is my "go to" tool of choice.
-Added about a month later-
Well, well, the ones that disappeared about 18mths ago have resurfaced, so I can compare old and new directly. The old were very slightly smoother in operation, with the blades infinitesimally more slender, the riveted construction on the old is now a part-plastic (rivet?screw?) they are a year old now, but not showing any sign of problems. Otherwise there is nothing to choose between the old and the new.
So I now have a pair in the kitchen, as before, and a spare in my desk. So pleased!
on 4 April 2011
i am a professional chef and i own 3 pairs of these scissors. they are comfortable to use due to the shape of the handles, the steel is good quality so they hold a good edge and last for ages. i thourally recommend these utensils to anyone.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 February 2013
I've used this for around 2 weeks now, I think that it's worth the price. The blade has a weird sort of curved design that I'm not really sure if it's a feature to cut bones or something, but it works like a normal scissor.

I found the handle soft and nice to grip, it feels very comfortable. I'm a male with medium sized hands and the scissors fit nicely around my fingers, I think that for a person with very large hands it would be more complicated to handle this, but this is true for probably all kitchen scissors on the market right now.

The sharpness of the blade is excellent, I found my previous cheap scissor to struggle with parchment paper but this one cuts it effortlessly. I can start cutting and then just sort of glide it forward without moving the blades and it will cut like a knife, that's how sharp it is. I tried to cut herbs too (rosemary, thyme) and it does the job nicely. I haven't tried to cut chicken breast into strips but I am sure that it will tackle the job as the blade material is very strong and actually thick.

This is not your cheap scissor from the pound store, but I guess that you figured that when you saw the price. In this case, you really get what you pay for, so in other words you're paying more but you're getting quality in return. I would repeat this purchase, and I intend to update the review in case the scissor develops a fault in the future. So far, I would recommend it.

Update: This was purchased in February, it's now May and I've used this a lot for several different things. I used it quite a bit during the Easter period and it cut through turkey bones effortlessly. The scissor is still very sharp. I think that the only thing this would not be able to cut is glass, ceramic, stone or metal, because all the kitchen stuff I threw at it was handled really well. Just one piece of advice: the blade is SHARP. Be very careful when you are washing them, because you can really cut yourself easily. This is the best kitchen scissor I used and I wouldn't try any other brand because now I know that this one offers quality.
on 11 June 2012
The best kitchen scissors I have ever had. They cut through chicken bones like a hot knife through butter!Very easy to handle and comfortable to use. Grat purchase.
on 13 October 2015
Sold as kitchen scissors but are in fact far too short to be of much use. Guess it's my own fault for not checking 18cm was not blade length but in fact over all length but I wouldn't recommend these as kitchen scissors at all.
on 10 April 2016
I'm a huge fan of Fiskars scissors and have them in all designs ranging from small scissors for sewing to pinking shears. I've only bought a new pair of their kitchen scissors because the old ones are coming up for their 25th birthday (or possibly they are even older than that) and, understandably, not as sharp as they were once. It's hard to sharpen them because of the serrated edges to the blades.

I was still pretty happy with the old ones, but when I got the new pair...wonderful and worth every penny!