‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and long lasting, 9 Jun 2009
This review is from: Trangia 27 Hardanodised Cookset With Kettle & Spirit Burner (Sports)
I've had one of these for years and you can't beat it for simplicity and hard-wearing. If you look after this it will probably out live you! I've tried several other light weight options like the Triad Stove and the White Box with a mug/pot combo but for the sake of a little extra weight this can't be beat. You can always leave the kettle and second pot at home don't forget plus the fuel is much cheaper than gas alternatives in my humble opinion...

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this review!, 18 May 2013
Ok. This is the trangia 27-8 ul-ha which translates to the medium size ( 2x one litre pots ) with the 0.6l kettle. in "ha" or hard anodised.
The description doesn't state that its "ul" or ultra light but it is when it comes.
The whole package weighs 825g and packs down into 18cm round by around 10cm high.

This is by far the best price I could find for this version on the Internet. And am very pleased with it. the hard anodised pans should give years of easy service and are a pleasure to clean.

If your reading this review you must have already researched trangia so treat yourself to this one it's worth the extra cash and in effect your saving money! Well that's how I justified it to myself anyway.
Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars SO much easier to clean than the normal Trangia, 25 Sep 2013
J. Chandler (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Scrubbing trangias to get burned food off in freezing campsite washing up water is no fun.

I bought these as an addition to my 'normal' Trangia 27 for a two person camping trip, and found I hardly used the old pots - washing these ones up was SO much easier!

The little kettle also proved to be very useful, though when stored the lip seemed in danger of scratching the side of the inside pot. Also, when stored you put the burner inside the kettle, where there is the possibility of meths leaking into the kettle, so put the burner into a resealable bag and put that into the kettle.

Highly recommended over the base aluminium Trangia.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Stove, 6 July 2013
This is the Ultimate Stove (Together with the Trangia 25). My previous Trangia 27 stove lasted nearly 30 years. Unfortunately the burner had started to corrode and the non stick saucepans were showing their age. Because this cooker was on special offer it was cheaper to buy a complete new kit rather than to replace the individual parts.

I never go anywhere without my Trangia I hate to think how many cups of tea and various meals it has helped to prepare over the years. It has been from Land's End to John O'Groats a couple of times on cycling holidays, on Dartmoor, up Snowdon and just about everywhere in between. I think the ultimate use was on holiday on the beach, frying bacon for some butties, followed by a brew of tea. Lots of people were looking round to see where the smell of bacon was coming from! I should have opened a Cafe on the beach, I would have done a roaring trade.

5.0 out of 5 stars A work of art, 12 Jan 2014
Trangia stoves elicit a very mixed reaction from outdoor folk, as they aren't the smallest, hottest or fastest stoves on the market. However, they are a full cook set in one package and they work like a dream as far as I am concerned. And really, to have a burner, windshield, 2 pots, frying pan and a kettle in this pack size is pretty damned good. If you are debating whether to spring for the hardanodised finish let me say this - DO IT. I blasted a starchy stew at full heat for ages a few nights ago and there was not a single trace of sticking. This is definitely the ultimate cookware finish for camping gear. I've used this set every day for the last week and I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice piece of kit, 28 April 2013
I used it this weekend. Camping in sub zero and blustery wind. The cooker worked a treat. I could not fault it. That said I only made tea and coffee and packet soup and beans. I am confident it will be very useful in future. I like the sealing cap over the burner that allows it to be stored for a short while without having to empty out the meths.

5.0 out of 5 stars trangia cooker review, 9 April 2013
This is an excellent product , well made , well thought out and easy to use . I cannot fault it . I have used it in extremely windy conditions to see how it worked and it boiled a litre of water in nine minutes . I have an old Primus 96 stove which I have used for years but I am happy to retire it in favour of the Trangia. No more searching for a sheltered spot on a dead even surface on the side of a windswept hill !

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Compact Stove, 16 Sep 2014
Paul Tinsley "Tinz" (Guernsey, British Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
A Trangia never fails in providing many ways to cook, under a generous amount of heat. This set includes a kettle which is a really great idea, but the kettle lid does have a plastic handle that will melt if the flames from the methylated spirit reach it in high winds. This happened to me during a camp in Sark, so I have deducted a star due to a weak kettle design.

I cooked tins of food, curries and even made a really nice scrambled egg with this kit. There really isn't much of a limit on what you can cook, even a full English Breakfast is possible with a bit of careful planning.

The rest of the kit was outstanding, as I have come to expect from this brand. It is worth the money, but I would forget the kettle version, until they improve its design. I was able to brew a cup of tea in winds gusting 50mph, with just a little bit of shelter from my tent, so that's an outstanding result!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant, 29 Aug 2014
Mr. Richard L. Underhill "Frodo" (Brighton. UK) - See all my reviews
Once you get the hang of cooking with the stove, I found it an absolute delight. Everything is easy to clean and the way everything stacks together neatly is really impressive. Spirits burn a bit faster than expected, but I can't blame Trangia for the nature of chemical reaction. I bought the gas burner replacement to go with it for a recent camping trip, but in the end managed fine with just the spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... have used Trangia before and reckon they are the best despite price but as they last a really long ..., 5 July 2014
Not used this one yet but 2weekends time on D of E Silver Assessed expedition with my students so looking forward to using it then - have used Trangia before and reckon they are the best despite price but as they last a really long time really not expensive - would recommend the gas burner add on if you are impatient for dinner and coffee mug at end of long day!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›