5.0 out of 5 stars Great all rounder
Published on 21 May 2010 by V. Shillingford

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing product - Could do better
We bought this product to replace a Panasonic inverter microwave which died just out of guarantee and would have cost as much to repair as this product cost. This seems to be a common problem with inverter type micros.

We bought the EM-SL60C firstly because it is a standard 'on or off' type and on the strength of the good reviews published here...
Published on 6 Nov 2010 by Stuweb

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all rounder, 21 May 2010
This review is from: Sanyo EM-SL60C 25 litre 900 watt Combination Microwave Oven with Grill, Stainless Steel (Kitchen & Home)
I purchased this item three weeks ago and have given it a good work out. It is quiet and efficient and easy to use. The programs are easy to understand and remember, although the kitchen timer is not needed. It is easy to clean both inside and out and a real find I think. The only down side is that it sits deeply off the wall so it has a much larger footprint than its size.THe microwave defrost settings are a bit keen so I now cut them by 20%. The oven has only 1 fault,It cannot warm, get to temp and start cooking as 1 action so you have to keep going back to it. The grill is great too, but makes the top very hot and child could burn themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 7 Feb 2010
J. Edgecock (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
I recently bought this oven to replace a Panasonic model which was falling apart after only two years use. I am impressed with this model, it feels sturdy and cooks very well in all its modes. The oven is very quiet when cooking. I feel the instructions could be improved, but I found Sanyo customer service very helpful in clearing up something that was not made clear in them. At Amazon's current price I think it is a good bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Micro - Great Value, 10 Aug 2010
Peter White (Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Works extremely well as a Micro, Cooker and Grill and very easy to use despite the manual being a bit sparse. Also a very nice looking modern piece of equipment. A word of warning - make sure it has plenty of space around it. OK against a back wall IF micro'ing BUT pull away when using the oven or grill. The top (obviously) gets extremely HOT when using the Grill, so don't even think about putting anything on the top. Overall very good value for money for a good brand, considering you could pay more than twice as much for the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sanyo combination oven, 15 Oct 2010
S. Henderson (Co Durham England) - See all my reviews
My old Sanyo had been such a good friend to me I was sad to see it fading but not enough to throw it out my son took it. I would love to have been able to get the same model again but it was not to be. I am quite happy with the EM-SL60C it was a little less than half the price of my old one so nowhere near the same quality and the grill is not the same type ( which I have not tried out yet) but it works well enough to bake cakes and make stews etc. It does all the stuff my old oven did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does my bum look big in this?, 3 Aug 2009
Mrs. S. Le Marinel "Sharon" (Jersey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
Inherited an old Sanyo with our new house. It eventually fell apart and the inside had rusted by the vent. Despite that we decided to buy a new one as you can feel the quality in the item. My only reservation is that this model seems to have a big backside and sticks out a lot further than the previous model. Still, very pleased with it so far. Make sure you have plenty of worktop to accomodate it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice microwave, 30 Aug 2010
Mr. Nigel S. Askill (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
Nice solid stainless steel microwave. Fairly simple to opperate. I've only had it for a short while, so I hope it'll last for a long time. (It's had good reviews in that respect).

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing product - Could do better, 6 Nov 2010

Unfortunately our experience so far is disappointing. On taking it out of the packaging we found the door lock mechanism to be very stiff and we have to hold the body of the unit with one hand whilst pushing the release catch to stop the whole unit moving backwards. Once set up it was apparent that the turntable mechanism was defective as it moves around in a series of pronounced jerks and is noisy. Sanyo suggested that the roller mechanism might need cleaning but this made no difference. They added that the jerky movement would not affect the cooking capability! Maybe not, but this is not what one expects from a brand new machine.

The Instruction Manual is very poor as a document and totally unclear in places. One often ends up pressing buttons in 'trial and error' which can be extremely frustrating when waiting for a meal. Maybe it was translated verbatum from the Chinese, where the machine was manufactured. We contacted Sanyo Service and Support to ask how to use the Auto menu to cook a baked potato as the instructions in the manual are obviously incorrect. We have received no reply!

We are disappointed as this machine could be a real winner if the manufacturers paid a little more attention to quality control and spent a little more time and effort in ensuring that the manual is easily understandable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanyo EM-SL60C Microwave, 29 April 2010
Is it possible to get excited by a microwave oven?! Hopefully not! But we were certainly delighted when this beauty was delivered! Despite the fact that it wasn't in stock when we placed the order, our patience was rewarded when we saw it (very glad that we resisted the temptation to buy an equivalent off-the-shelf Panasonic model from the local Comet store that would have cost an additional £70!) The build quality of the Sanyo is convincing (solid door and release button) and its multi-functional capability combined with simple 'hit-and-happen' controls suggests that someone has really thought about the design and user-friendliness of the unit. Go on - treat yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet., 19 Sep 2010
Over the years,I have had several microwave ovens, this being the second Sanyo. I have to say I am very glad I have

returned to Sanyo. This one being a Convection Oven, it has taken the place of my main oven.

I have just made my first cake which has turned out just as well as if it was

made in the main oven. I do think Sanyo are a cut above the rest.

4.0 out of 5 stars for the mother in law, 10 Nov 2010
we bought this for the mother in law , as her old one was worn out after 25 years , she was origialy a little disappointd with the silver finish , but over time , having go used to the controls uses it a lot more than her old one ,and gets bettr results so is very pleased , we though it the best value for money , and are as pleased as she is with the outcome ,,only slight moan woul be the slightly industrial look to it , but thats a personal thing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›