5.0 out of 5 stars Simplehuman bin
We wanted a new bin to fit in with our new kitchen. We originally spotted this one in J Lewis and thought it would be excellent for our needs. Unfortunately it was out of stock but bought it on Amazon a bit cheaper.
It fits in very well and the soft close lid is an excellent bit of design.The lift out bins are very easy to empty.
Published on 7 Jan. 2010 by digifool

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice bin, shame about the overpricing and the poor service!
Published 21 months ago by Kindle Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice bin, shame about the overpricing and the poor service!, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: simplehuman Rectangular Recycler, 46 L - Fingerprint-Proof Stainless Steel (Kitchen & Home)
I've had this bin a while now. It's a good size for a family of four and the slow-close lid is nice. The Simple Human bin liners for the larger container work well (though they, like the bin, are v pricey); the ones for the thinner side work LESS well than Tescos Tall and Skinny ones do for a fraction of the price. My main quibble though is that for a bin with premium pricing, I would have expected premium customer service. You don't get anything like that with Simple Human. My bin dented REALLY easily (lightweight knock against a knee whilst cleaning it was enough to dent it). When I put this in a review on their site, they added a comment that it shouldn't, publicly asked me to contact them, and then told me in a private Email that it was my fault. So, my review was made to look like it was a "one-off" problem with my product which they had fixed. It wasn't and they hadn't. I'm not impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplehuman bin, 7 Jan. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars really practical and looks good too, 13 July 2009
Ms. Julie Davies (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great bin for anyone who wants to recycle but doesn't want lots of bags/bins sitting around the kitchen.
The bigger waste bin is big and wide enough to still empty your bread board into without the crumbs going everywhere and althought the recylcling side is quite narrow, you can still fit a reasonable amount in before having to put it out.
The quiet mechanism is really good, and I have no faults with this bin at all! It does work well with the Simplehuman bin liners too even though you could easily just get standard ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly engineered aesthetically pleasing product, 23 Oct. 2011
still searching (MK UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a totally utilitarian product that, however, also looks great, particularly in kitchens with stainless steel features. The self closing lid, which closes satisfyingly slowly, means that you never have to handle the the outside. However, even if you do handle it the fingerprint-proof brushed stailnless steel finish means that no evidence is left behind - a Godsend if you have sticky little members of your household with sticky little fingers! The bin's shape also means that if you want to site it in a relatively narrow gap it is possible as it fits almost right up to the wall.

The only potential downside is the cost of the bags. The bin comes with 5 when new but replacing these is a bit of a pain. However, I fit any white liners and secure them to the inner black plastic bin with a large elastic band - so problem solved!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 28 Feb. 2009
H. O'Callaghan (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this bin 2 years ago and have been really impressed with it, as have many admiring visitors to my house!. My bin had a plastic lid which broke recently. I emailed the customer services and a replacement metal lid arrived 4 days later and my bin is now working perfectly again! Fantastic customer service for an excellent bin. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality appliance, 16 Aug. 2010
This is an expensive receptacle for rubbish but you get what you pay for. It looks expensive, works perfectly and has a very long guarantee. It is ideally shaped to take up as little space as possible for a 50 litre bin. If you can justify the price you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rolls Royce of Bins!, 29 Jan. 2009
I've had this bin now for a couple of weeks and I'm thrilled with it. The bin liner is completely hidden from view which gives it a really tidy appearance. I love the way the lid closes - it's on a damper so there's no clank when the foot pedal is released. Unlike my previous bin, this one fits right up to the wall which is very convenient. The outside of the bin really is fingerprint proof, after 2 weeks there's not a mark on it. I know it's sad to be this excited about a bin but every aspect of the design has been so well thought out. Well done Simplehuman!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted!, 8 Nov. 2012
Great quality bin that looks good and is practical. Ideal for standing against a wall and easy to change the bags. No need to bother with the expensive simple human bin liners as standard black bags work just as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bin!, 16 Nov. 2011
Was sceptical at first about this bin as it was rectangular rather than round and I wasn't sure that it would be big enough to handle both recycling and everyday waste.

I was wrong though, it's an awesome bin which is extremely well screwed together and has more than enough space in the separate compartments. I use the bigger section for recycling as we have more recyclable waste.

The great thing with this bin as that you can do away with having 2 separate bins so if you have a smallish kitchen it is a great help - this is providing you have space for this bin as it is fairly big so really you need a flat wall for it to go against.

It is pricey but well worth it as I am sure it wall last a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent waste collector, 11 Dec. 2009
A. Williams - See all my reviews
In this day and age of recycling we find this bin to be an excellent choice for our needs. It sits flat against the wall and the finish is very good. The mechanisim does work as expected with the lid closing down nice and gently, only time will tell if its robust.

We seem to generate more blue waste than any other (cepting beer bottles :o) and Im sure this is the case for most others, therefore we use the blue section for our normal waste products and the larger section for "blue waste"

Would definately buy again if needed and would recommend to friend and family.

HTH

UPDATE Dec 2011

2 years on the mechanism is still working as the day I got it, recommendation still holds