5.0 out of 5 stars really practical and looks good too
This is a great bin for anyone who wants to recycle but doesn't want lots of bags/bins sitting around the kitchen.
The bigger waste bin is big and wide enough to still empty your bread board into without the crumbs going everywhere and althought the recylcling side is quite narrow, you can still fit a reasonable amount in before having to put it out.
The quiet...
Published on 13 July 2009 by Ms. Julie Davies

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice bin, shame about the overpricing and the poor service!
Published 13 months ago by Kindle Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars really practical and looks good too, 13 July 2009
Ms. Julie Davies (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: simplehuman CW1830 Brushed Stainless Steel Rectangular Recycle Pedal Bin (Kitchen & Home)
The quiet mechanism is really good, and I have no faults with this bin at all! It does work well with the Simplehuman bin liners too even though you could easily just get standard ones.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice bin, shame about the overpricing and the poor service!, 23 Jun 2013
I've had this bin a while now. It's a good size for a family of four and the slow-close lid is nice. The Simple Human bin liners for the larger container work well (though they, like the bin, are v pricey); the ones for the thinner side work LESS well than Tescos Tall and Skinny ones do for a fraction of the price. My main quibble though is that for a bin with premium pricing, I would have expected premium customer service. You don't get anything like that with Simple Human. My bin dented REALLY easily (lightweight knock against a knee whilst cleaning it was enough to dent it). When I put this in a review on their site, they added a comment that it shouldn't, publicly asked me to contact them, and then told me in a private Email that it was my fault. So, my review was made to look like it was a "one-off" problem with my product which they had fixed. It wasn't and they hadn't. I'm not impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplehuman bin, 7 Jan 2010
We wanted a new bin to fit in with our new kitchen. We originally spotted this one in J Lewis and thought it would be excellent for our needs. Unfortunately it was out of stock but bought it on Amazon a bit cheaper.
It fits in very well and the soft close lid is an excellent bit of design.The lift out bins are very easy to empty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent waste collector, 11 Dec 2009
A. Williams - See all my reviews
In this day and age of recycling we find this bin to be an excellent choice for our needs. It sits flat against the wall and the finish is very good. The mechanisim does work as expected with the lid closing down nice and gently, only time will tell if its robust.

We seem to generate more blue waste than any other (cepting beer bottles :o) and Im sure this is the case for most others, therefore we use the blue section for our normal waste products and the larger section for "blue waste"

Would definately buy again if needed and would recommend to friend and family.

HTH

UPDATE Dec 2011

2 years on the mechanism is still working as the day I got it, recommendation still holds

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but very good, 6 Sep 2010
An excellent bin but very expensive. We've had one for about 6 months now with no problems at all. Because of it's size we weren't sure how it would look in the kitchen but were pleasantly surprised at how well it blended in.
Like a previous reviewer we find we generate much more recycling waste than that destined for land fill, therefore we recycle using the larger black bin
The size D liners for the small bin are difficult to find and we can only buy them online. They're not the best fit in the world however and we will be experimenting with a different brand next time. We would still recommend this bin and have bought other Simple Human products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplehuman 50L Recycler Pedal Bin, 1 Dec 2011
Simplehuman stuff often seems expensive and this bin was no exception. But - and it's a big but - it's an excellent product. Well made and finished neatly in brushed steel, the pedal arrangement and "soft close" operation of the lid go some way towards justifying the high price. The twin bins help eliminate the need for a clutter of separate bins taking up floor space. The deal clincher is the 10 year warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bin!, 16 Nov 2011
Was sceptical at first about this bin as it was rectangular rather than round and I wasn't sure that it would be big enough to handle both recycling and everyday waste.

I was wrong though, it's an awesome bin which is extremely well screwed together and has more than enough space in the separate compartments. I use the bigger section for recycling as we have more recyclable waste.

The great thing with this bin as that you can do away with having 2 separate bins so if you have a smallish kitchen it is a great help - this is providing you have space for this bin as it is fairly big so really you need a flat wall for it to go against.

It is pricey but well worth it as I am sure it wall last a very long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 20 Jan 2010
We already owned a simple human bin and loved the fact that you can stand it right next to a wall without the lid banging and making marks on the paint work, the only reason we replaced it was because we now have to split our landfill and recycling and only wanted 1 bin in the kitchen.

True to form this bin is well made and functions as it should. I would have preferred the split between recyling and landfill to be 50/50 (I use the small side for landfill and it is a slightly too small) but that's just my preference.

All in all this is good bin, it does what is says on the tin, I would definitely reccomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent looking bin, 1 Nov 2011
The bin seems to be water drop resistant as well as fingerprint resistant. It looks amazing, closes nicely. But it is about 4 times why I would want to pay, but this is the only nice rectangular bin I have seen that can hold recycling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart bin, 25 Aug 2011
This is an expensive bin. It comes with some free bin bags though and has a soft closing lid. It doesn't mark with fingermarks at all. Its shape is unusual, but fits much better in my kitchen than the round ones which are more easily available and cheaper. The capacity is great. I think its worth the investment, but some of my friends still laugh that I have spent sooooo much on a bin!