The Giant Gila Monster

This is a picture of life before CGI. The contrived dialog is part of the mystique. You get to see hotrods and large lizards. The blob it is not; but it is a necessary addition to any 50' collection.

A teenage boy and a teenage girl disappear together and the law is getting suspicious.

I want to ask the monster if teenagers taste like chicken.
Watch for your self.

-----------------------------------------
The Killer Shrews

I first saw this in the movies. And let me tell you this is really spooky for kids (or used to be.)

We find our selves on an island where a hand full of visitors, including us, find eerie from the beginning. Of course from the title we are anticipating "you know whats" at any time. But the visitors to this island have no idea what they are in for.

An experiment with the intent of correcting overpopulation has gone awry, et voilà killer shrews. These ravenous creatures must eat many times their weight daily to keep from starving. And I must say that Ingrid Goude (Miss Universe Sweden 1956) would make a tasty snack (not that I notices at the movies.)

Well the people are protected by adobe (mud) walls from the poisonous fanged carnivores (did I mention the fangs are poisonous?)
Wait, it's RAINING!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 19 December 2013
Ok. I love psychotrinic films! They are so unpretentious and just are what they are and in there own way very creative in premise.
If there is posing, it's laughable posing, like the teen in Giant Gila Monster. These are two great films from the genre and the color really works in Giant Gila Monster, more so than in Killer Shrews, but both are great to watch!!
In Killer Shrews, dogs are dressed up like rodents which is nice and out there.
These films are also like a time tunnel and when I watch them I get a buzz from the 50s or 60s decor and general vibe.
I recommend these films whole heartedly!! Jimi Hendrix and Frank Zappa were also fans of these films.
Top stuff!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again