4.0 out of 5 stars Five star show but not the best box-set release
It seems from other reviews that my feelings on this boxset are not unique and so I can be brief.

The show itself is outstanding with six seasons of dynamite; witty, intelligent, moving and captivating all at once, it truly is one the finest shows to come out from across the pond in a generation, right up there with Scrubs, Friends, South Park, Family Guy and...
Published on 23 Aug 2010 by Mr. A. E. Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars Fab series, not so fab boxset
Well if you're reading this you're clearly a fan of the series, so why bother wasting your time telling you about the series?

The box is pretty granted, but so fiddly which is annoying to get a disc out, and once you open it, the individual series tend to fall out!!!

That's liveable but what is truly annoying about this boxset is the lack of 'play...
Published on 12 Aug 2010 by Neryrose

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 2 Feb 2010
As expected its really good, as anyone purchasing this boxset would know. It's classic SATC at a brilliant price!
I had bought all the dvd's seperately a few years ago and as time has gone by my little girl has trashed them all lol and i had wanted the new boxset but it was always too expensive. this is brilliant price.
only problem is it doesnt come with the shoebox that is pictured -otherwise it would of been 5star!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Bible!, 29 Sep 2009
H. Carlton "autobiogfreak" (London, Eng.) - See all my reviews
This is not a television series. It is a religion. A philosophy. A reason for living, almost. This, the wittiest
and most knowing show ever written, is my Bible.
Every bedside should have one.
I go to sleep with an episode, feeling secure that I am with my best friends.
Yes, I love them all....who would I choose out of Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte? I just don't know.
I also must say here that every single supporting character, from Magda the Nanny to Mr. Big, to Stanford the nice gay and Anthony the bitchy gay, to Mitzi Von Mufflin to any passer-by admiring Charlotte's King Charles Spaniel, has been perfectly cast. You may sometimes feel that Carrie's get-ups are a little over-the-top, but you will never feel a tiny walk-on role could be played by anyone other than the actor chosen.
What do I most like about the series? Its wit, its pace, its intelligence. It did not under-rate the viewer and for that I love it. I dare you to be bored by one minute of Sex And The City.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sex and the City, 10 Jan 2008
S. Stanwell "Dolly" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Original.
That is the word I would use to describe the Sex and the City box set. I love the idea of it being presented in something that encapsulates the whole being of SATC - sassy, fashionable and hard to resist. Being only 18, you'd think I wouldn't understand the whole "dating game" and basis of SATC. But you know, I defy any one to not understand it. The 6 series take you through a journey which you see each of the 4 characters develop through the good times and the bad, yet although you're not there, you feel like your living it with them, and you're sharing their heartache and joys with them. I have never watched anything like this, and I am sure I will never see anything like it again (until the film, which I cannot wait for!!). Even my boyfriend has said that he can sort of understand SATC. It just shows that although it is written by a woman for women, it is universal in its message about love, marriage, heartache, death, insecurities and disappointments, and how different people deal with them in everyday.

I think you would be silly to not try and match yourself to one of the characters, be it Charlotte, Samantha, Miranda or Carrie, there is one of them in each of us and I'm sure the situations they found themselves in are not too dissimilar to the ones women find themselves in everyday.
How the dealt with the finale of the series was pure genius, it wasn't made to look like everything was perfect in New York just as Charlotte would have wanted, but it left it so that it showed that despite bad situations, things can come good in the end, even if they do need working on.
It truly is a wonderful series, and it shall be missed!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the bests...., 3 Dec 2005
By A Customer
This box set is incredible. i can't explain my feelings wjen i got it. the box itself is a little bit different from the one shown on amazon website. it is not pink and black but white with pink writings on it. all the seasons are packed in different design covers, some of them are really outstanding and amazing like a piece of art.. if sex is not a stranger to you, it is a must to buy it... no regret is guaranteed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch the SATC girls whenever you want!, 28 May 2007
Cathy Ahern (Warrington, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
Sex and the City is my all time favourite TV series for so many great reasons. Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte are all so different but all come together because of their strong bond of friendship. What's so great about this TV programme is that it's written by women for women and you can see this in the stories which all have an emotional truth in them. Trying to balance problems at work whilst trying to work out who is the Mr Right boyfriend for you? Carrie and the girls are shown living through the same things. Yes they are New Yorkers and have loads of money, but there is something about them that makes you think that they really would be very special friends to have.

This Jimmy Choo inspired boxset is great because you have literally every episode in order and ad-break free. Beautiful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Poor quality ... worst than CD quality, 11 Dec 2012
I have a Samsung Bluray player which is a decent player and a Sony Bravia TV which is a good quality TV and HDMI connection but when I play this DVD it looks very bad quality.
I can play other DVDs with a much better quality on this player and TV but this is a very bad quality DVD,

1.0 out of 5 stars No Italian language for seasons 5-6, 5 Dec 2012
I bought it because it was multilanguage and included Italian translation, in fact only seasons 1-4 are in Italian too, seasons 5-6 are only in Englilsh and French.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 5 Mar 2011
This review is from: Sex and the City: The Essential Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I thoroughly enjoyed SATC after watching them all night after night when ComedyCentral replayed them, so I figured I'd buy the boxset and enjoy them again at my own leisure. If you're buying this, you probably have already seen the series; if not, it's worth every penny. The actual show is definitely worth five stars. Other reviews seem to cover the excellence of the series, so I will focus on the design.

The box is a bit of a pain, and if I was buying this now, I would probably choose to buy the other design as it looks more sturdy and reliable. If the tassel on the front of this box breaks, that would be extremely awkward, and inside, a small piece of fabric allows you to lift the actual DVD holder out of the box itself. It all seems a bit fragile. I'm giving this three stars on the basis of the flimsy box design.

1.0 out of 5 stars Substandard, 9 Aug 2011
Many of the DVDs don't play all the way through and freeze. Then returns itself back to the main menu. Recommend buying the seasons separately. This has happened twice to me now. Won't be getting a replacement for the third time!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good series - shame about the production quality, 14 Feb 2009
This review is from: Sex and the City: The Essential Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Anyone who watched/is watching Sex and the City on television knows what to expect from the boxed series - sharp scripts, great characters and plenty of eye-catching fashion. But some of the discs have sections where the image pixellates, and the plastic cases tend to break when the DVDs are removed. This isn't good enough for a high-priced boxed set of DVDs.

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

Sex and the City: The Essential Collection [DVD]
Sex and the City: The Essential Collection [DVD] by Timothy Van Patten (DVD - 2008)
56.99