5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter.
Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter * Class 2; 10M

Initially I bought this product so that I could download my music from my laptop to my mobile phone.
Published on 5 July 2009 by Steve Holmes

2.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter
Published on 21 Nov 2009 by Brian R. J. Glover

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter., 5 July 2009
Steve Holmes (Fareham, Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin F8T016NG Mini Bluetooth Adapter - Windows XP and earlier not Windows 7 or later (Accessory)
Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter * Class 2; 10M

I must admit I was expecting a longwinded method to set it up, but it was so simple; I just plugged it in to a spare USB port and it was ready to go thirty seconds later. My phone picked up the laptop and vice versa. It really was that simple.
Because the device is so small, you do not even remember it is there; until you have to use it. Simple and easy to use, with fast download and upload usage. Perfect for any Bluetooth device.
I have used it to download maps to my GPS, send print instructions to my printer and store all my music on my phones 8GB SDHC card. I have also used it to retrieve photographs from my mobile phone and from my DSLR camera.
This is perfect if you want to make your computer Bluetooth compatible.
Steve

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin mini, 9 Dec 2009
Mr. D. Fellows (West Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
Does exactly what it says. Auto downloaded and set up drivers on my windows 7 Home Premium Toshiba Satellite Notebook, no need for the disc (Never liked Blue Soliel anyway.) Neat and tidy can be left in your laptops usb port permanently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Windows 7 x64, 2 July 2010
G. Sparks "sparkybooks82" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this adapter with some trepidation as I had previously read a review that said it did not work with Windows 7 x64. Having installed it today I can comfirm this is true...if you use the drivers on the included CD. However if you download updated drivers from [...] although they don't are supposedly only for Vista and XP, the Vista 64 bit drivers work perfectly on Windows 7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, you get what you pay for..., 12 Feb 2010
J. Loft "Lovejoy" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
First of all I purchased a very cheap BT nano dongle (the rounded one). It was, at best, 'okay', and transferred files between my netbook and my HTC Kaiser. But I couldn't get an internet connection using PAN. It had only cost a couple of quid so I put it away in a draw and went instead for this more expensive Belkin product.
What a difference. Installation was straight forward on my Samsung N130 netbook (which doesn't have BT built in).
The software is superb and permits easy file transfer via FTP which is a much better solution to just sending and receiving files as I used to do - drop a file in the bluetooth shared folder on the netbook and it magically appears in the transfer folder on the HTC. No messing about.
The dongle can quickly be switched on and off with two mouse clicks to save a bit of power and stop the blue light on the device from shining. Switching it back on takes less than 5 seconds so it's no hassle leaving it switched off until needed.
Connecting my netbook to the internet using the phone's GPRS connection is a breeze, and the networks connect within seconds usig the Quick Connect>Network settings menu option from the BT icon in the system tray.
The dongle itself pushes fully into the USB socket so you dont see any of the metal connection piece when it's installed.
There are loads of apps on the software I haven't even used yet like VOIP, Hands Free audio, Stereo audio, PIM synchronisation, D-U-N, Send business card etc etc.
In summary, if you're thinking of buying a cheap dongle for a couple of quid - don't, it's a false economy in my experience. Go for this one for a bit more money, Belkin do seem to make some solid products that work properly with good software behind them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little adaptor, Linux Friendly, 15 Nov 2009
P. Cooke (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Currently using this adaptor with Linux - Ubuntu 9.04 - Jaunty Jackalope. Bluetooth facilities are made available by simply plugging in the adaptor. Pairing with my Sony Ericsson and Nokia phones is straight forward. Works well with obex file transfer, rfcomm and remote control feature on the Sony phone. Also phone contacts are easily managed with the Wammu package which can be installed using the Synaptic Package Manager. The range between adaptor and phone is comparable with my other adaptors, however I find the smaller physical size more practical with my laptops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Mini Bluetooth, 10 April 2009
Used to connect a bluetooth mouse. It is so small and compact that it can be left in the USB port of the laptop without fear of being lost or knock out (unlike the old wireless USB type). I read some reviews about connection problems, but I have not found this problem when used with Vista. The microsoft bluetooth mouse is switched of when not in use (this is really easy on this mouse) and once on, just a quick movement and the bluetooth connects. The flashing blue light indicates that it is connected, but this can a little irritating if plugged in to a front or side USB port, I suppose it is there to let you know it is connected, but you can tell this by whether the device works. It should be possible to use with all bluetooth devices, but I have not tried others yet.
Well worth buying.

2.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter, 21 Nov 2009
Brian R. J. Glover (Dartford, England) - See all my reviews
This sub-miniature adapter takes up no space whatsoever. A fit-and-forget piece of kit that does its job perfectly. However, the software that came with it was so complex that once it had inserted itself into my Windows XP Home operating system it took over complete control of my broadband connection, networking facilities and dial-up modem and rendered them all so unusable that I had to uninstall the thing and put it back in the box. All I wanted was the ability to link my mobile phone to my PC. The Setup programme just doesn't allow sufficient control over what is being installed or provide enough information about what each element of the software actually does.

I now use a similar, although slightly larger, product by Sitecom that provides me with just the functionality that I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget!, 12 Jun 2009
Knowing nothing about bluetooth or how it works, I saw this at a very reasonable price and thought I'd give it a go and see if it would do what I hoped it would do, and that was to enable me to transfer files to and from my mobile phone. This tiny adapter was easy to install, worked straight away and now I can shift photos from my Samsung mobile to my pc and back again, no probs! It is so tiny, too, so no chance of knocking it out of the USB as can so easily happen with some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter, 6 Oct 2010
J. F. Pye (Risca, South Wales) - See all my reviews
Tiny thing, easy to lose, tread on, etc., but worked straight off on my linux boxes; found my phone without fail. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant---just brilliant !, 31 July 2009
Mr. Raoul C. Du Valle "duvalle" (Cheshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
Got this for my old Macbook and it works a treat. I download files from my desktop computer using the Belkin mini bluetooth connected in my Macbook with no problems at all. Worked straight of of the box, did not use software, nothing could be more simpler. Love the size, means I can leave it in the laptop on a permanent basis, highly recommended.