5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic collection born from bravery!
Published on 2 Dec 2008 by McStick

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing
Published 3 months ago by Gemma W

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic collection born from bravery!, 2 Dec 2008
McStick (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Spirit Of The Glen Journey (Audio CD)
This is the second disc in the collection by the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, and both are as good as each other. Judging by the average 4 stars for the previous disc, you can see why I'm giving this a 5 star! (In addition to this, while the war was not universally popular, these soldiers are only doing their job and I feel by buying this disc you can send them your support!)

Back to the review, this collection is different from any other which I have heard in the past. I can almost feel the emotion of the band during the recording! Very good collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars spirit of the glen 2, 8 Dec 2008
This review is from: Spirit Of The Glen Journey (Audio CD)
I bought this as my late father loved the bagpipes, and he would have enjoyed this recording. It is so moving I found myself crying. Our soldiers are so brave and to record this in basra is a marvellous achievement

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 11 Dec 2008
Mr. K. Frere "grim" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spirit Of The Glen Journey (Audio CD)
Just by watching the video clip, this disc has just got to be awesome, you can feel the heart and soul in the piping, ordered this for my partner for christmas cannot wait to hear it in all its passionate glory. Well done guys truly awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... A SURPRISINGLY GOOD BLEND OF MUSIC, 5 Jan 2009
This review is from: Spirit Of The Glen Journey (Audio CD)
This is a surprisingly good blend of music there's not just the sound of bagpipes and drums here.
There's also guitars violins flute piano keyboards and backing vocals.
Each track builds up into a good rich sounding blend of music .
I've always liked the sound of the royal scots dragoon guards ever since they played amazing grace on the old seven inch forty five r p m singles but because of the different instruments and backing vocals involved in this c d the music is a richer sound.
Most of the tracks are easily recognisable in this c d and classed as easy listening Celtic medley starts of with Danny boy drifts into woman of Ireland (first heard that on mike oldfields voyager c d ) and finishes of with a well known lively Celtic tune ( the title escapes me ) .
Dear Lord and Father and in Flanders Field for my money takes the edge of what would have been a perfect easy listening c d there is singing involved witch spoils these two tracks, and for the fallen is a small tribute to all the lost soldiers (no complaints about that ) .
To sum up a good relaxing chill out c d witch will not collect dust on my shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely beautiful, 27 Dec 2008
This review is from: Spirit Of The Glen Journey (Audio CD)
despite being 20 and liking alot of stuff ranging to metal and krunk and rap, ive always liked bagpipes in a way, but this album is the best stuff ive heard so far. made better by the fact that im already familiar with the origional versions of the songs.

was told by a few people that proper bagpipe music can make you cry because of the calling deep down it causes, and i had to try hard not to join my grandfather in that sense :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Spirit of the Glan Journey, 1 Feb 2009
This review is from: Spirit Of The Glen Journey (Audio CD)
First I would like to thank these guys for the job they do keeping us safe in a volatile world, and then for them to come up with such beautifully moving music is amazing. May they continue to serve there country with honour and pride and make more music as moving as this when they can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 17 Jun 2009
Anthony Eaton "banjochef" (Aldershot England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spirit Of The Glen Journey (Audio CD)
This CD is absolutely outstanding.I was toying with the idea of obtaining a Pipes and Drums CD as something different as my usual musical tastes lie in the Bluegrass genre. However I settled on this and I was not disappointed. I highly recommend it to all lovers of Highland music coupled with popular tunes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing, 15 Dec 2009
N. Fallon (Northants, England) - See all my reviews
I heard a track from this album on Classic FM and thought I would the whole album a try. I have not been disappointed, it's amazing. It's so relaxing to listen to and will help take you on a journey away from stress for even just a little while :o)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: Spirit Of The Glen Journey (Audio CD)
I brought this album expecting good strong bagpipes accompanied by drums but was left feeling very disappointed. The tracks are very slow and the bagpipe content is minimal and weak, sometimes only being played for the chorus. There are hardly any Scottish songs and the bagpipes are fitted in around other instruments and do not get the chance to be played to show off their full power. Each track you are waiting for the song to get going and for the bagpipes to begin and most of the time by the end of the track you are left thinking 'Is that it?' Very disappointed and after listening to this album once it is now going to the charity shop!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Respect, 19 May 2009
Mrs. Dawn S. Sleep (Uk) - See all my reviews
Spirit of the Glen,

I heard a small piece of this music on the news the other night. Overwhelming and powerful. I immediately bought the album. My husband is ex forces of 24 years and knows and fully appreciates what these lads and lasses are going through and to produce this music in a fully operational environment is remarkable, not only for morale to the troops but to also show the general public back in blighty what British servicemen and women are capable of. I also think proceeds from this should also go to Help for Heroes.

Well done and good luck too all.

Spirit Of The Glen Journey
Spirit Of The Glen Journey by Royal Scots Dragoon Guards (Audio CD - 2008)