5.0 out of 5 stars Solar Powered DAB fun!
This little pink DAB radio is the best purchase I have made in ages. It even charges in natural light not just sunlight. We have it on the table in the garden at the weekend when we are eating breakfast or in the beach hut when we are chilling out there. Makes us want to start using solar power to run our home.
Published on 5 Aug. 2009 by Groovy

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on 24 Jan. 2012 by Bo Bunting

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar Powered DAB fun!, 5 Aug. 2009
Groovy "Groovy" (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roberts SOLARDAP-P Solar Powered DAB Radio wth Rechargeable Battery Pack - Pink (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Feb. 2009
moi1953 "moi1953" (Highlands of Scotland) - See all my reviews
Great product - well loved by daughter - boyfriend isn't too happy with the colour! She says it is great and works without full sun

5.0 out of 5 stars SOLARDAP, 24 Mar. 2010
This radio arrived on the date notified by the seller.

Am really pleased with it; easy to use and set up; picks up loads more stations that my old DAB radio. Surprisingly good sound for its size.

My house is situated directly North/South, so after initial 24 hour charging I have found that I can leave it (with volume turned right down for maximum charge) on sunny windowsill at front of house first thing while I walk the dogs, then it seems to be fully charged for me to use in my home office on the "dark side" of the house...

I love the design and colour; am trying to justify the expense of buying another one as I love it so much when actually it is so neat and portable one set is fine for all my needs!

I see on the Roberts home page that a green model is made but cannot find where to buy one;Amazon and other sites don't seem to offer it..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Radio, 13 Aug. 2011
This version 2 of the Roberts radio model in pink, is a solid performer and is as good as other DAB radios from Roberts.

Firmware improvements (we have a green one of these as well) provide a few extra features and stability. The front-end must be slightly better as it can scan for more channels than the earlier model.

As a solar-enabled radio it also seems to charge better in sun light than the first verison. It won't beat a HiFi DAB unit, but is portable and will recharge if left on a window ledge.

Would happily buy another (there are quite a few colours to choose from).

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar DAB is fab!!, 5 Oct. 2009
What a great little radio!! I can take it anywhere in the house or outside and still get good reception. And then leave it in a sunny spot to charge up whilst I'm not using it. I love free energy!! Plenty of stations, plenty of presets and very easy to use. Magic!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 24 Jan. 2012
I ordered this radio from another supplier. Having followed the instructions to pre-charge it for 24 hrs, it did not hold the charge. I returned it and the replacement had exactly the same fault. Roberts helpline were unsympathetic, agreeing that the internal battery pack must be faulty! Having done a lot of research, I loved the look and apparent simplicity of this radio and felt it would offer exactly what I needed and I am now radio-less and in a dilemma about what to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 18 July 2010
fab radio, can listen at the bottom of the garden now without having to buy new batteries every day like i did for my old battery radio. charged it up when i got it and the sun has done its job ever since. xx

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 13 Sept. 2011
love this radio, regularly use it in the house and in the garden. almost never recharge it because I find it charges even when off. a charge only last a couple of hours the way i use it, if you charged it from the mains it may last longer, but that is fine for my use! Also has a line in at back so I will put my portable cd player through it at times!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 31 Oct. 2010
Bought as a present and was pleased with both the sound quality and ease of use. Do spend the time to charge the batteries up though. Would recommend and would buy another for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts DAB radio., 17 Aug. 2010
Excellent radio, does everything as advertised, we use it on the beach and when we go camping, and never have to buy batteries.