5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous album! Bravo Jonathan!
Beautiful album.

Much as I love Tenor at the Movies - I think this has surpassed it!

Great arias and songs, great vocals and great arrangements.

Jonathans voice gets better and better and praise must be given to Netty his vocal coach who is bringing out of him the most fabulous vocals.

Much praise should go too to the producers...
Published on 11 Nov 2008 by Melody

3.0 out of 5 stars a little disappointed
I must admit I was a little disappointed. I would like to hear more of his fabulous voice and less of the backing singers, accompanying singers and background music. I thought this CD might offer that but it didn't. His voice is too pure to be smothered. I hope the next one is better.
Published on 8 Feb 2009 by A. Carter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous album! Bravo Jonathan!, 11 Nov 2008
Beautiful album.

Much as I love Tenor at the Movies - I think this has surpassed it!

Great arias and songs, great vocals and great arrangements.

Much praise should go too to the producers of the album - beautiful arrangements - and to the Prague Symphony Orchestra who are superb.

Jonathans voice, as it is maturing, is becoming richer and more mellow with a tone which is quite beautiful. The power and clarity and depth of his vocals is staggering. He has come so far from that young boy on the x factor. The classical tracks are outstanding. It's hard to believe that he is still only 26. In classical/opera terms - still a baby.

Stand out tracks are: a fabulous uplifting Libiamo, the beautifully sung Canto Della Terra, Amor Ti Vieta, E Lucevan Le Stelle, Nessun Dorma, and Aranjuez; along with a delightful version of Panis Angelicus and a lovely new arrangement of O Holy Night.

If I was looking for a "least favourite" track - I would have to dig very deep indeed - and I suppose would reluctantly choose If You're Not the One - but only for the fact that I have never liked the song - Jonathan sings it superbly.

A beautiful album for all year round but with the addition of the very lovely Panis Angelicus and O Holy Night - perfect for Christmas too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album well done Jonathan!, 10 Nov 2008
Very excited -my order has just arrived from amazon -five stars fab album :D

Who wants to live forever-so beautiful and haunting could not be more perfect for Jonathan's voice brilliant.:)

Libiamo -aww it's just lovely full of charm love it!

If you're not the one -I adore the "In your arms" bit wonderful..not a lead track but liking very much.

Amor Ti Vieta -wow Jonathan's beautiful tenor voice really shining here wonderful :).

Hoppipolla -Aww very,very pretty and relaxing ..lovely.

Aranjuez-wow very deep Jonathan's voice is maturing so much brilliant :D.

Canto Della Terra-Adore this one ..Jonathan is just stunning,CE choir wonderful -so emotional.

E Lucevan le Steele -another lovely track showing how Jonathan is maturing so beautifully as a artist :).

Nessun Dorma -aww so wonderful what a voice just fantastic Jonathan and the Prague symphony orchestra are a truly wonderful combination -brilliant.

Panis Angelicus -aww how sweet and lovely so beautiful :).

Hearts of England -agree with opinion that this is more one to inspire at live events and not really a lead track -still fab that Jonathan was given this honour and it's a beautiful anthem.

Oh Holy Night -OMG how wonderful -a haunting reflective version I totally adore

All in all a wonderful album -you can be very proud Jonathan I love it and well done to the CE Choir and Prague Symphony Orchestra .

5.0 out of 5 stars Hits the High Notes, 6 Oct 2008
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
`Forever' is now out and it arrived yesterday so this review now comes from listening to this album in full. The producers are indeed the same as Jonathan's last album `Tenor at the Movies' and the production values are of an equally high standard. The track listing shows a nicely balanced mix of old and new, operatic and pop plus an array of very challenging songs for any tenor, in fact this album shows just how far his voice has matured since the last album earlier this year, it is now more rounded and shows great depth.

There are 2 tracks of special interest to G4 fans. Top of the list of requests was Queen's `Who Wants to Live Forever' and this version is truly spectacular. `Oh Holy Night' was a late addition and is a totally different arrangement from what has gone before.

`If You're Not The One' is well known for being very difficult to sing as Daniel Bedingfield sang some incredible high notes well above the tenor high C and what Jonathan achieves is stunning but I would prefer him to concentrate on the more classical/operatic oriented repertoire from now on.

The high spots of the album for me are the crossover operatic track `Canto Della Terra' which bears comparison with the original and wins and the 4 pure operatic tracks `Libiamo', `E Lucevan Le Stelle', `Amor Ti Vieta' and `Nessun Dorma'. These well known classics feature in Jonathan's touring show 'A Night At The Opera' and are simply beautiful and the power behind the voice is amazing live.

`E Lucevan Le Stelle' and `Amor Ti Vieta' together with `Hippilolla', which layers Jonathan's voice and `Aranjuez' are the top album tracks for me.

And as I said in my preview I find the tracks I do not know so well fast becoming my favourites.

4.0 out of 5 stars new fan of opera, 6 Jun 2010
Mrs. Una Mcintosh (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
I was never keen on operatic arias before but, wow, after listening to Jonathan sing Nessun Dorma and Panis Angelicus I am converted. Good mixture of popular songs and operatic arias - loved Who Wants to Live Forever. What a voice. Saw him in Whistle Down the Wind then bought his 2 cds. Can't wait to see him again on stage.

3.0 out of 5 stars a little disappointed, 8 Feb 2009
A. Carter (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars This will be 'Forever' in my CD collection!!!, 6 Nov 2008
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
I saw Jonathan in Sheffield last friday in a brilliant new live show called a Night at the Opera, it was fantastic and so is this album. Jonathan really is exceptionally talented, the production is fantastic and the song choices inspired with some classics as well as some very interesting numbers! ...this will be playing in our house for a long time to come! Well done Jonathan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Crossover, 12 Nov 2008
Ms. J. Hurst - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
This is a great album - head and shoulders above many other cross over attempts that are around at the moment. It demonstrates not only Jonathan Ansell's amazing vocal range but his growing richness of tone and emotional interpretation that marks him as one of the up an coming world class tenors - and bodes well for many future albums!

High points for me are Amor Tio Vieta , Canto Della Terra, Libiamo and Hoppipolla - the latter being a Sigur Ros track that is an absolute gem.

As with any album - there may be a couple that for personal taste come lower down the 'play it again' scale - possibly Hearts of England has the least effect on my pulse rate - not because of the quality of the singing but the quality of the song - not the rousing anthem it was meant to be unfortunately.

Other than that - a fabulous second solo album - a lovely mix of style and genre to suit all tastes - I'd recommend you go buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why hasn't this man been more successful?, 1 Mar 2010
Mr. Barry J. Evans "bazmufc" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
I remember seeing Jonathan Ansell on the x-factor and thinking he had a great voice so I decided to buy this album and I was not disappointed!

This guy has a great talent and it's a shame he hasn't been more successful as I would like to hear more of his material.

He sings 'Who want to live forever' beautifully and I was very impressed with his version of Daniel Beddingfield's 'If you're not the one'.

Definately worth adding to your CD collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Album to keep Forever, 12 Nov 2008
demilo (birmingham, west midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
With this Album Jonathan Ansells voice has matured so much,its a beautiful Album,
My favourite is Canto Della Terra,it shows Jonathans voice off to perfection, I also love E Lucevan Le Stelle,showing a deeper richer side to Jonathans voice,and Who Wants to Live Forever,I really love this track,
and Nessun Dorma,spine tingling,there is not one track that I do not like,
this young man is destined for a great career,

5.0 out of 5 stars Jonathan on the way up.., 31 May 2014
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
Ever since I heard his fabulous voice on G4, I knew he would do well, and I am so delighted that he is making his mark now. He is now a happily married man and his voice soars every day at my house without fail. Am addicted to Creep, but every note he hits sends shivers, so am grateful to Amazon for providing me with his CD's! GOOD LUCK JONATHAN, I will be at your next concert!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Forever
Forever by Jonathan Ansell (Audio CD - 2008)