5.0 out of 5 stars jarrett! jarrett! do your thing!, 20 Oct 2005
This review is from: Facing You (Audio CD)
Like the first reviewer said, this was for me also my first encounter with Jarrets work, and I must say I was blown away with it, I never heard any one play the piano like this before.And I would agree that with the exception of the koln concert I have yet to find anything by him that I can compare. In Front is exceptional in its driving force and improvised segments, the audio clip here does not do it justice. If you ever liked the sound of the solo piano you must buy this record, simple as that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jarrett's first outing 'the shape of things to come', 8 Jan 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Facing You (Audio CD)
I remember first hearing this first solo album by Keith Jarrett way back in 1983, along with the Koln Concert. Looking back, it is a peculiar album as each piece presents, in compact form, many of what were to be some of Jarrett's trade mark elements. It would repay anyone to buy it and return to it now though, as it contains some haunting moments. Some of the pieces have an atmosphere that I don't think Jarrett ever re-created in his longer concert performances. CD sound quality, as in all ECM recordings, is also absolutely first class.

Facing You
Facing You by Keith Jarrett (Audio CD - 2008)