5.0 out of 5 stars Great game
when COD5 came out i was expecting it to be nowhere near as good as COD4 as it's set in WW2 but it is amazing. Superb graphics make the game feel so realistic. Story play mode is good aswell, a nice long story not one you can complete in a day aswell. In this game you play as an american and a russian soldier swithching between the two every few levels. You also have a...
Published on 1 Mar 2009 by A. J. Carter

3.0 out of 5 stars COD: WAW
COD4 was one of the more recent gaming masterpieces. A genuine next-gen game that really showcased 360/PS3's ablities. The single player campaign, although painfully short was brilliantly designed and varied. Infinity Ward really did themselves proud and it's still showing even today. I'm guessing the difference in numbers between COD4 and this isn't much at all...
Published on 11 Mar 2009 by jjonesp

5.0 out of 5 stars good seller, 6 Aug 2014
thx

5.0 out of 5 stars CoD World at War...Beta, 19 Oct 2008
J. Marsden - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Having played the beta, i was blown away at the whole experience of the online play. CoD4 revolutionised the way we played online war games in realistic fashion, na di think CoD5 has equally gained enough playability to rival it. People were pessimistic in the way that it was made by the same people that made the slightly dissapointing CoD3, but from the feedback from people playing the beta, we are in for a winner.

There are still 10 Prestiges, and the levels of each go up to 65, (were i am looking forward to using the Flamethrower. The guns feel realistic, they have used the red dot sight that was so popular in CoD4 and made their own version, which work really well. Good Perks. Just an amazing game online and offline.

MUST BUY!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars its ok, 24 Jan 2009
S. Allen "ATLHEMN" (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Its a ok game it after 2 hours of playing it gets boring. it has the sam game engine as cod 4 so its just new campaign and maps really. The campaign is averge its better with more people VERY REPEATING. The multiplayer is good for about halve an hour the its VERY VERY VERY REPEATING for 20 its ok but not 40 its just really stupid its like buying a star wars episode 4 for 100 its stupid even for 30 ITS A WASTE if you like gears of war, halo or mass effet you will hate it i am trying to save you money. dont do what your freainds say at school its wrong i know i brought it for 20 because they said it was good. its ok its just stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty, 22 Dec 2009
B Brown "bababadobab" (Northern ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Not for the faint hearted to bloody for me, but then again I am a woman. Too scary for my Grandson.

2.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GAME OFFLINE BUT IT ITS CRAP ONLINE, 30 Mar 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
When I get a game first I like to complete the campaign off-line then take my skills on-line.But with this game going on-line is totally rubbish. I like to go on team death match a lot but the first time I went on it on here I was abused and swarn at for killing someone[the aim of the game].so i decided to go on nazi zombies but guess what someone hacked my acount making me not be able do anything any more. So if i was you i would not buy the game i would buy cod4,cod6 and modern warfare2 because people do not hack them games.

4.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360), 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This is an amazing game. I am 13 and obviously not above the age to go and buy this game for myself and had to go to my Mum. She isn't to happy with the first person shooter experience and doesn't let me get anything with a red 18 logo on the front unfortunatley, which meant I couldn't even think about Medal of Honour, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops. I'd decided that I was going to go for this game seen as more people would be playing this than on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. I wouldn't have got this game if it hadn't have been for the little option where you can take off any kind of blood that would appear otherwise. Another mode is Nazi Zombies, now I know it sounds bad but it really isn't. It will keep you on the edge of your seat and come on, if you're not a fan of your son/daughter killing humans I'll ask you this question are they humans? If you are thinking of getting this game for your son/daughter who is younger than 15 (like me) then go for it. They'll enjoy hours of fun whether on Xbox LIVE, Playstation Network or offline.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot fail, 14 Oct 2008
This review is from: Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This game absolutely has to be sensational if its any improvement to or merely bares a likeness to its predecessor. Of course it will be better however, as it fills the only void in what was the most refined FPS ever. We now have vehicles!
Thankfully not too many changes have been made for this title and it includes its best asset: online multiplayer. It also still has its hugely rewarding exp. and ranking system which will have players awake util 5 in the morning and taking a lot of sick days.

BUY IT

1.0 out of 5 stars meh, 5 Aug 2009
This review is from: Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I got this game for Christmas 08 and I was disappointed the campaign was dull and boring and the multi player was not fun

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed..., 14 Dec 2008
Amazon Customer (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
There are plenty of reviews saying this is the bestest game ever in the world, so I'll just add what I find annoying about it.

There are a few things in this game that really grind my gears. Firstly the multi-player annoyances -

Shooting somebody three of four times and them not dying is fine; that they can still run towards you, stab you once and run off giggling as you die... not so fine. I'm not saying every gun should be a one shot kill, but if you are in the process of being riddled with bullets, I don't think you have the ability to run at somebody, stab them perfectly in the brain and run off again. At the very least being shot should stop you in your tracks.

The dogs... oh my, the dogs. There's just nothing good about them. I understand the thinking behind them, because even for COD I think sneaking helicopters into a WWII game might have been a BIT obvious, but the dogs are just the epitome of irritating.

Finally, and this is the one that REALLY puts me off this game, you are forced to play as Axis countries. Now whilst this has no real effect on the game, I'm sorry I just can't be comfortable finishing a game and hearing "congratulations, you have made the Fuhrer proud." I mean, I know these games are just a bit of fun, and shouldn't be taken to seriously, but games let me do things that I'll never do in real life. Drive fast cars, play in the World Cup, and yes occasionally force Jerry out of France and liberate Europe.

What I've never dreamt of doing is fighting as the Germans in Europe or the Japanese in the Pacific. I'm not saying it's morally wrong, or should be banned or anything... but it makes me uncomfortable. If it was just the flags in the maps, or the uniforms and what not, I could live with that. But for some reason it's the audio clips, hearing the stereotypical Japanese or German soldiers shouting praise for Hitler and Tojo, well that's the final straw for me.

Basically, this is just COD4 with a WWII skin on it, and some very slight additions to the game. So it'll be fun, the single player will be amazing to look at and a bear to finish, and the multi-player will be equal parts infuriating and addictive.

But playing on the same side as the enemy in a war that was only two generations ago... not for me.

ADDED - I decided, at the suggestion of a a few friends, to give the game a fair run. And I will say this: I was wrong about the multi-player. It's like CoD4 only more flawed, more buggy and with NONE of the problems fixed. Too many shots needed to kill people, too many guns that are useless, too many guns that are so good you'd be mad to use anything else, still only 12 players at once in most game modes... after two session of about 3 or 4 hours each, I'm pretty much done playing it online too.

Save your money. By CoD 4, or even better get a PC and play the king of online FPS, Battlefield 2. So many fantastic features in that game that console games have yet to pick up on.

Which is puzzling when you think about it...

1.0 out of 5 stars Treyarch and Activision team up to make another crappy game, 25 Aug 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I cannot stress enough how utterly crap this game is. The single player mode carries all the delights of CoD3 (coincidentally made by the same developer, Treyarch), but with more frustration. The multiplayer is a joke. 90% of players you meet will either be under the age of 12, be using a SMG, or, worst-case-scenario, both. What was the point in even coding Shotguns and Snipers into the game, when you're headshotted half-way across the map by some whining brat with an MP40 and Stopping Power on? Nazi Zombies offers a semi-fun distraction from this mess of a game, although the only map worth playing at the moment is Der Riese, which Activision (surprise, surprise) are making us shell out 800 MS points for.

In conclusion, buy CoD4, or, if you already have it, preorder Modern Warfare 2, and be assured that you'll play a game that actually had some thought put into it by reputable developer, which is more than I can say for World at War.

Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) by Activision (Xbox 360)
18.85