on 20 February 2011
A quality product at a very good price; can't be faulted. I fitted mine in under 2 minutes just using a 17mm spanner. Comes in 2 sizes depending on your wheel diameter.

NB: Note to Amazon: Please use my full name (Ken Burnett) for this and futuure reviews. Thanks
on 19 September 2011
First thought that this stand was too small lol, changing my review as I know know that you can extend it. It is now perfect and does the job very well.
on 16 October 2012
I found this stand completely useless and the single screw will not fix it securely on to any of the bikes we have at homeOxford Bicycle Prop Stand - Silver - NEW. I even tried adding a wooden block to try and secure it but all it did was to scratch the paint of the bike. I am amazed that people are allowed to sell something which is clearly not fit for purpose.
on 20 July 2012
It is true that it is very cheap and when I arrived it looked in good. However while fixing it the screw used to adjust the height snapped and now it can hold the arm. I contact the seller and he said that if the "screw has been cross treaded" then it is not covered by warranty. I dont consider myself having extraordinary strength and I have just used hand tools, so I cant see how it can not be covered by warranty. You really expect it to last a little bit more than 5 min even for that price.
So if you are very gently you may make it work, but if not , then spent a bit more and get a decent one.
For me that is £4 down the drain and time wasted. I thought it was a good deal, but it again proved that when you pay little you only get rubbish.
on 1 March 2012
I would not waste your time with this bike stand, i was looking forwards to been able to stand my bike upright without having to put it on the ground all the time but the stand broke instantly upon tightening it to my bike.

I tightened in by hand with a spanner, not with power tools using electric or compressed air, it was all tightened by a normal hand spanner and it snapped clean off.

I would not recommend it to a friend or to anybody else for that matter, nor would i buy another one.
22 comments4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2013
Saw a simlilar one in national store who were charging double the price so this is a bargain althought not the most sturdy but good value for money and is holding up my bike!
on 17 April 2012
Bike stand came within a couple day- was great and also, once fitted (very easily), it looks very sleek and it sturdy. Great value for money.
on 26 August 2012
Attached easily to my Specialized Crosstrail Hybrid but the foot design means that it does not appear to be as sturdy as other models out there, having said that it has not broken and the bike has not fallen over when on the stand. Check first that your bike will take the stand as it would not fit my other bikes (also Specialized).
on 13 June 2013
More monkey metal rubbish!

the base snapped when being re-tightened for the n'th time as it kept coming loose and catching the pedals. Poorly made out of rubbish materials and a total and utter waste of money.

Spent 35+ years working on bikes, this is the worst piece of junk i have seen...
on 11 December 2013
Not sure if its meant to come with a nut for the screw but mine didnt and so it is not attached very securely. Pretty sure it would fall off within 5 minutes. I guess you get what you pay for so in future i'd pay a bit more and get something that works.