5.0 out of 5 stars Love my skechers boots
Published on 7 Jan 2010 by E. Leary

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - sent them back.
I ordered these on the strengths of the many good reviews. I have mahoosive calves and can never find tall boots to fit so I thought 'hooray - boots for fat legs! 'As per advice I sized down. Folks, these boots are HUGE. Still far too big (even in the calf). I am SO disappointed. In my opinion, the quality is not that good either. Compared to my (short) Warmbat 'Kangaroo...
Published on 13 Mar 2010 by Miss Margaret Baldwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my skechers boots, 7 Jan 2010
E. Leary "Happy Buyer." (Kilmarnock.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skechers Women's Spacious High Shearling Arctic Boot (Apparel)
Got my boots today,yee haa,and am so happy with them.After reading the comments went for smaller size[5 instead of 6]in choc and they are a fab fit.Real furry inside,nice and high,but you can fold them down to,thats two looks for the price of one.Good value,good looking,and very happy warm feet.To answer most questions they are 12.5 inches high and lined all the way with Shearling wool.Hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Skechers give UGG run for their money!!, 14 Jan 2010
I was looking to buy some UGGS but there were too many reasons not to get: a) get ruined in british weather and for the price this is too sad to see B) too expensive and C) possibly end up with fakes unless ordered from Aus which will take 2 weeks!!!

So i was looking for an UGG alternative and came across by accident these Skechers.

Fur lining - What attracted me to them was most importantly the fur lining. it is absolutly gorgeous!! It is not some rubbish padding or some cheap fur the fur in these boots is so thick and warm and it goes at the bottom of the boots too so your feet are warm all over - perfect!!

Sole - The sole is the basic sole you would normally find on the original UGG it is not the best grip i have seen better on CAT shoes but all boots in these designs have the same sole.

Styling - The styling of these boots are a mimic of the original UGGS - they are slighly longer in length and for me they are perfect. the colour i ordered was chestnut and they look lovely with blue jeans.

Sizing - I am a size 5, i have always been a 5 very rarely a 4.5 - after reading other peoples reviews i ordered a size smaller and went for a SIZE FOUR - these were still too big for me and for the first time in my life went down to a THREE!! now they are a bit fitted but size four was just too big i could get my hand and arm in it!!

These are really nice and comfortable and value for money i dont mind if they last only 1-2 years. These boots are loose on the calf area and sizing is a bit weird - i would suggest if you are petite with quite small feet and ankles and your calfs are not chunky go two sizes down if you are average go one size down.

4.0 out of 5 stars warm happy feet please, 6 Jan 2010
C. udall "CazU" (London) - See all my reviews
It's snowing today and my boots have arrived - yay! Bought these for a day just like today - I hate having cold feet!

I am not an Ugg fan/fur lined boot fan really as they are a bit ugly and wide and sooo popular on the school run, but I am going against all these daft principles so that I can have warm feet.

And I am surprised. These actually look pretty good. The sole is a bit plastic, but I love the colour (grey) and the lining is real fur and sooo warm.

But having bought these in a size 5 (my size obviously) these don't fit - in fact they are massive (not only far too big for my feet, but I can get my calf and my arm in too - argghh!)!

But they will be warm, and I like them after all, so I will return them for a size 4 and have warm happy feet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sketchers, 28 Dec 2009
F. Whelan - See all my reviews
Bought these boots in black, very comfortable, and generous fitting on calf. Might be too loose if you have v. skinny legs. Am a size 6 and think a size 5 would have done me. Very good quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality but watch the sizing, 5 Jan 2010
My boyfriend bought me these for Christmas and I love them. Always wanted to have a pair of these but could never justify the 'UGG' prices
My normal shoe size is a UK 5 or 6, so he bought me a size 5 - they were still way too big so we sent them back and got a UK size 4. These are a perfect fit so I would suggest getting a size down from your normal shoe size.
Quality is very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm stylish boots, 5 Jan 2010
Bookaholic - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Fabulously warm boots. Easy to slip on without struggling as well. Some boots, dificult to get them on without a struggle.

Warm lining, made of shearling, so luxurious. Good choice of colours, I especially like the chocolate and Chestnut. Very stylish.

But they are a size bigger than normal, and so got a size smaller. Even then very roomy, big enough for thick socks on extra cold days. Plus the cheap price! Thanks Amazon.

Also, would make great winter slippers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab & toasty warm!!, 14 Jan 2010
Having read the reviews on these boots I ordered a size 4 rather than my normal 5 to 6...when they arrived my toe pressed a little on one foot, however do persevere for a day or so as once the fur flattens a little you will get the perfect fit.

They are quite wide in the calf as others have mentioned yet the fur still grips to your leg and stays warm and it also means that you'll be able to get your jeans in them!

The boots are lovely, suede outer with lovely warm shearling fur inside, the sole looks a little cheap and I wondered how much grip there would be but having worn them in the snow and ice they do hold up very well!

I have a pair of emus too and I find the Skechers narrower in the foot which is nice. I've had lots of positive comments on my boots and I highly recommend them, in fact I think I've worn them every day since they arrived. Tempted to buy more colours now....!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, budget "Ugg" alternative but please size down!, 8 Jan 2010
K. Knowles (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
I have received these today and am thrilled with them!

I got black and went for size 5 (normally I'm a 6) following advice from other reviewers and the word 'spacious' being in the description. They fit just fine and there is enough room on the calf to tuck jeans in.

Very pleased with the quality and am glad I decided to spend my money on a known brand rather than risk similar or just a bit more money on (probably) fake Uggs.

Toastie warm and stylish feet here we go :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars A birthday bargain!, 8 Feb 2010
After reading all the reviews opted for size 5 - I am 6.5 in Boden, M&S & Next shoes. I also allegedly have wide feet and calf circumference is 16. These boots still feel a little large in the foot - would be ok if worn with socks, but I don't. And plenty of room in the calf should you wish to wear with jeans or jeggings etc. If you feel the sheepskin lining in the front of the boot (shin-side) it is softer than that on the back of the boot (heel side), but I'm not complaining. These are such a bargain for the money. The label on the heel is slightly angled and I saw a young woman in St Albans with a pair with perfectly aligned labels, so wondering if these are reduced because the of the label "imperfection"? But if so... good!

Some people have mentioned about wearing these boots in the rain or snow. They are not waterproof because they are suede and sheepskin (!) and any salt in the snow will mark the boots and the marks will be difficult to remove. Don't ruin your boots ladies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for larger Calves!, 6 April 2010
Received my boots today and I am very happy with them. Speedy delivery as per usual with Amazon. Very pleased with these boots, I normally don't like this style of boot but with the current discount I couldn't resist. I went for a smaller size, and am glad I did. I was going to go 2 sizes smaller as some reviewers advise but as I have larger calves I didn't want to risk it! But if you have slim legs, def go down the 2 sizes. I tried them on over a pair of jeans this morning and have room to spare (for once) I like the style of them and they are extremely comfortable.