5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful song - fantastic voice - 2 bad reviews?!
Published on 24 July 2009 by Tillyann79

2.0 out of 5 stars 'Monotonous'
Published on 1 Aug 2008 by Antony May

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful song - fantastic voice - 2 bad reviews?!, 24 July 2009
This review is from: Hometown Glory (Audio CD)
I have no idea what possessed the the two "experts" to slate this beautiful song!? Did you actually listen to it? In no way is it comparable to Fast Car (one of my all time favourites btw). Adele sings this with such passion and I think that is evident in the finished song. I am not an Adele fan except for this one track. I heard this song on a trailer for a TV show and was shocked to find out it was Adele who sang this. A much better song than the fairly admirable "Chasing Pavements". Unless something has really angered me or upset me majorly I wouldn't search out a song I didn't like just to slate it. There are thousands I hate but a few I love. These are the ones I would seek out to comment on - wouldn't waste my energy on a song I hated.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a perfect single !!!, 20 Aug 2008
This review is from: Hometown Glory (Audio CD)
My brother played me this a couple of weeks ago and I was blown away!

I am amazed at the other reviewers of this single who complain it doesn't go anywhere. Where exactly do you want it to go? For me it goes where it has to go, which for me is the land of the perfectly constructed pop single, where things are powerful, emotive, uplifting, poignant.

In my ever so humble opinion the perfect single is the art of the distillation of beauty in a song and I think that this is a perfect example of that.

Blimey, this is a record from someone who is only 19. What does the future hold? Most impressive !

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 28 Feb 2011
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Hometown Glory (Audio CD)
Lyrics are beautiful, singing is amazing. adele is just astonishing, if your going to buy a song, i hope its this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Hometown Glory (MP3 Download)
I've got all of her cd's and I've enjoyed them all,go for it you won't be disappointed,can't wait for her to bring another cd out

5.0 out of 5 stars bonne commande, 14 Feb 2013
F. Marion - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hometown Glory [7" VINYL] (Vinyl)
colis bien protégé, arrivé dans les temps, très bon produit.
Le vinyl était emballé dans un carton spécifique.
Merci pour cette commande

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 Sep 2014
ok

2.0 out of 5 stars 'Monotonous', 1 Aug 2008
Antony May (East Sussex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Hometown Glory (Audio CD)
The biggest problem with 'Hometown Glory', is that it just doesn't progress. From the initially interesting piano intro, the song quickly goes nowhere and though Adele does an admirable job to try and inject some feeling into the lyrics, the song swiftly becomes monotonous. I guess this was meant to be a plaintive ballad anyway but, rather like 'Tracy Chapman's guitar riff on 'Fast Car' you soon find yourself getting frustrated that musically the song fails to develop. 'Fast Car' DID eventually break into a trot but sadly, this does not. Great lyrics and vocals but musically very dull. Pity.

Hometown Glory [7" VINYL]
Hometown Glory [7" VINYL] by Adele (Vinyl - 2008)